Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

13 hours ago, Mama Des said:

Hi everyone. My surgery date was 07/14. I am now on a reg diet and just introducing new/old foods again.
My highest weight:252

current weight: 212.

I guess I’m ok except I had a hernia that I needed emergency surgery 2 weeks ago . Ahhh why didn’t they remove that when I got my sleeve?? Uuugg

Congrats on weight loss, hopefully your feeling better from the surgery.

13 hours ago, dwaite said:

Y'all I am stalled! 24 days PO and stalled since about Sunday the 8th. What can I do to get past this? It is driving me insane!!!

13 hours ago, JinTN said:

No advice, but In the same exact spot as you!

You both might be at the famous 3 week stall. Sometimes it may occur after the 3rd week. There are many threads and posts about this on here. From what I have read from other posters, it is suggested to basically keep following your plan, making sure Water & Protein goals are met, stay off the scale for a few days, & wait it out. You should start losing again soon. It may take a week or 2. There are more detailed responses about this, you can search "stalls" or "3 week stall" in the community to see them.

Good luck, I hope you both get back to losing soon! I will probably be joining you both in the famous stall any day now.

Today makes a month since the surgery.

I've been struggling with acid reflux during the night, it wakes me up--otherwise, I'm feeling fine.

I cannot eat more than 4 bites of anything. I'm living on Protein Shakes, Soup, and scrambled eggs. When I get to school I make the Jimmy Dean egg bowl that also has small bits of sausage and it takes me nearly the whole day to eat it. I take small bites here and there. I don't think I've ever eaten a whole one. But it has 19 grams of Protein. I can do that forever if I need to. I'm not the type that needs variety. Yesterday hubby cooked for the kids (they are 31 and 32). I had one fried shrimp, I had to eat it in 3 small bites. Maybe two fries.

I've read that my weight loss might be slower since I started out at less than 200. In my mind, that shouldn't matter. If a person goes to eating about 1/8th of what they used to eat --there should be more than a 4 pound loss in a month. This really seals it for me that without the surgery I certainly would have never lost anything.

They are delivering my Nordic Track Treadmill Tuesday. I will see if walking helps

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS SINCE SURGERY 4 POUNDS. I am extremely discouraged.

Hi everyone! First time poster, but I've been lurking around for a few weeks.

I had surgery on 7/29. I lost 20 pounds in the first 2.5 weeks, and then hit my 3 week stall a little early. It was hard meeting my Protein and fluid goals while I was on the liquid diet, but once my dietician cleared me for soft foods 2 weeks post-op, it got a lot easier to meet those goals.

However, I've thrown up three times in the past week and I'm starting to lose my mind a little. I am still learning what my new stomach likes and can tolerate, but it's not really food that sends me running to the bathroom. The first time, it was because I thought I still had some food left in my stomach, so I took a medication that requires food in my stomach, but apparently my stomach emptied even faster than I anticipated. The last two times, it was because I waited half an hour after eating to drink Water, and I guess that wasn't long enough. Today in particular, I haven't been able to even come close to meeting my protein and Fluid goal because I threw up earlier this morning. At least they've been isolated incidences and it's not an all-day thing...

I'm also still feeling extremely tired. I've gone out for a few walks/left my apartment for a few hours, and it just completely wipes me out. I was out for a few hours to see a comedy show on Friday, and walking around the area with my friend after the show left me feeling physically exhausted and with sore shoulders lol. That's how I know I'm really tired. I take my Vitamins and move around my apartment every hour, but I was hoping that I could at least do a short cardio workout by now. Even the thought of doing that makes me tired.

But otherwise, things are going well and I'm glad I got the surgery. I didn't the first two days while I was in the hospital, but things really do get easier every day... now just to get the throwing up under control!!!

On 8/19/2021 at 5:42 PM, Candace76 said:

Hey July Surgery People!

It has been a while since we have had any updates in this thread. I can't wait to hear how you are all doing.

Let's do another stats check! ✔📉

How is your progress going? (NSV, inch loss, weight loss, pre or post op, phase.)

Good luck!🤗

Surgery Status: 3 weeks Post Op VSG (July 26th)

Phase: post op soft food diet week 2

Highest known weight: 291

Starting weight: 280

Current Weight: 253

Inch loss: 2 inches off waist, about 1 inch off most other spots.

NSV: I fit into a pair of pants that I never fit into! (They are my current size but cut smaller & I bought without trying them on.)

I had my surgery 7/12, and have lost 38lbs since my pre-op diet. Eating is going fine, struggling to get all the Water in. I just bought some jeans 2 sizes down from what I was wearing pre-surgery.

6 minutes ago, Lefti said:

I had my surgery 7/12, and have lost 38lbs since my pre-op diet. Eating is going fine, struggling to get all the Water in. I just bought some jeans 2 sizes down from what I was wearing pre-surgery.

Nice! Keep it going.

6 July 2021 was surgery date.

Weight was 268 pre surgery

weight of surgery was 257

Weight of of today 207

Doing very well with the foods, drinking all day and looking forward to the new me.

Good luck all.

2 hours ago, jasj65 said:

6 July 2021 was surgery date.

Weight was 268 pre surgery

weight of surgery was 257

Weight of of today 207

Doing very well with the foods, drinking all day and looking forward to the new me.

Good luck all.

50 pounds in that amount of time is incredible!

Checking in

Surgery Status: ~4 weeks Post Op VSG (July 27th)

Phase: week 2 soft food (tomorrow I am able to start regular food)

Highest known weight: 241

Surgery weight: 229

Current Weight: 211

NSV: Some of my office slacks are fitting better, and even a bit too loose in some areas. I can also see a big difference in my face, especially when comparing photos side by side.

I have been stalled on 96kg / 211lbs for almost a week now, but I am not too bothered since I fully expected this based on others' experiences. The hardest part for me has been the morning nausea and some lightheadedness. Otherwise, I keep on keeping on.

I have one word…

Constipation .😫

I am 6 weeks post op and this is the first I am experiencing constipation in my life! It’s just horrible! I’m actively eating more fibre, (does anyone know the recommended amount per day?) drinking more Water and walking more and I still can only ‘go’ once a week with a struggle….

any ideas? Before I resort to the stool softeners..

Thanks

3 minutes ago, eholmes89 said:

I have one word…

constipation .😫

I am 6 weeks post op and this is the first I am experiencing Constipation in my life! It’s just horrible! I’m actively eating more fibre, (does anyone know the recommended amount per day?) drinking more Water and walking more and I still can only ‘go’ once a week with a struggle….

any ideas? Before I resort to the stool softeners..

Thanks

I sounds like you are doing everything you should be doing. There are some teas you can drink that aid in moving things along if you want to avoid stool softeners.

4 minutes ago, Tony B - NJ said:

I sounds like you are doing everything you should be doing. There are some teas you can drink that aid in moving things along if you want to avoid stool softeners.

Sounds good Tony! At this point I will try anything! 😂

I also feel like I’m quite bloated, which mentally isn’t good when your on a weight loss journey because I literally feel full of poo!

🤦‍♀️

Just now, eholmes89 said:

Sounds good Tony! At this point I will try anything! 😂

I also feel like I’m quite bloated, which mentally isn’t good when your on a weight loss journey because I literally feel full of poo!

🤦‍♀️

haha....I am still pre op, but with so much Water in me I know how you feel. Who would have known what a priority a good healthy poo would have in our lives.

Checking in

Surgery Status: a bit over 6 weeks Post Op VSG

Phase: regular food (but don't tolerate all of it well)

Highest known weight: 201.5

Surgery weight: 201.5 (didn't need a pre-op diet)

Current Weight: 177.0

I'm getting discouraged because although I'm THRILLED to have lost 24 pounds since surgery, I've been at roughly the same weight for 3 weeks now! I've heard of the 3-week stall . . . could that be what's STILL going on with me, even at 6+ weeks PO? My calorie intake is usually around 600-700/day, and I get close to 60g Protein in every day. I also get nearly the amount of Water I should daily, and stay under 20 carbs/day. Am I doing something wrong? Please tell me I'm just in a (very long...) stall and the scale will start moving (downward!) soon!