Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any March 2021 Sleeve Patients?



Recommended Posts

On 2/20/2021 at 6:05 PM, baritheri said:

After months of waiting because surgeries were on standby due to covid. My surgeon called yesterday and told me if i was ready to go on March 2nd... so 10 days from today.. I am so excited!

Awesome - So close! Congrats!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2/9/2021 at 8:47 PM, nidvia said:

Hello, my surgery is scheduled for March 22. Today I received a letter from my insurance telling me that the surgery has been approve
!

Same! I received the letter from insurance but am just waiting to hear back from the surgeon - I'm sure they have a whole process so I don't want to be calling and bugging them for a date, but based on on the insurance letter it seems like it'll be late March! Its all happening for us!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2/12/2021 at 1:05 AM, groovygal said:

Just found out today that mine is scheduled for March 17. 🎉🎉

Twins! So exciting !!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2/6/2021 at 8:54 PM, LoveSimcha said:

Hi - I am new to the site. My sleeve surgery is scheduled for March 10th. Anyone else here set for March? I am super anxious but also looking forward to it. I had a lap band in 2009 and a slip in 2014 that required removal. Curious as to what your pre-op diet looks like. I am on partial liquids now and full liquids for two weeks before the surgery.

Nice to meet everyone!

Hi,

I just had the sleeve Feb 18, 21, so not a March surgery but can relate to you.

I too had a lapband that slipped and removed.

My pre-op diet consisted of two Protein Shakes and one regular dinner meal 4 Oz of Protein w steamed vegetable.

Now I am on Clear Liquids broth with incorporating Water all day. Little sips at a time.

I drink a little Atkins Protein Shake for nutrition. I also eat a Jello that takes me all day to eat.

I have loss 20 lbs already and don't fell hungry at all.

Hope all goes well for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, barbie41 said:

Hi,

I just had the sleeve Feb 18, 21, so not a March surgery but can relate to you.

I too had a lapband that slipped and removed.

My pre-op diet consisted of two Protein Shakes and one regular dinner meal 4 Oz of Protein w steamed vegetable.

Now I am on Clear Liquids broth with incorporating Water all day. Little sips at a time.

I drink a little Atkins Protein Shake for nutrition. I also eat a Jello that takes me all day to eat.

I have loss 20 lbs already and don't fell hungry at all.

Hope all goes well for you.

Thank you! Good luck to you - you are doing awesome so far it looks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is everyone doing? March is around the corner!!! I am still trying to get info on making sure everyone is doing what they are supposed to so that I can get insurance approval for My day March 10th - getting very nervous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a 3 month delay due to COVID, finally having surgery on the 8th! 14 day diet and I can't say it's easy, but coming in for the home stretch.

Wishing everyone nothing but the best of luck and positive thoughts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so excited by this time next week i should be a day out of surgery.. i talked to my dr today i wasnt placed on a strict day .. basically liquid diet 2 dys prior to surgery, 3 day clear Protein liquid post surgery, then continue on liquid (don't have to be clear) for 2 weeks...have you looked into what kind of clear liquid protein... i was convinced on gettimg premiere clear liquid but i have also been advised on isopure... any suggestions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

March 3 for me! Just stared the 1 week liquid diet. I had the lap band in as well and am revising to gastric bypass.
My doctors program requires a 7 day liquid diet consisting of 4 serving of Protein (shakes, creamed Soups, and milk as well as unlimited Water, sf Jello, sf popsicles and broths.
Good luck!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2/7/2021 at 4:54 AM, LoveSimcha said:

Hi - I am new to the site. My sleeve surgery is scheduled for March 10th. Anyone else here set for March? I am super anxious but also looking forward to it. I had a lap band in 2009 and a slip in 2014 that required removal. Curious as to what your pre-op diet looks like. I am on partial liquids now and full liquids for two weeks before the surgery.

Nice to meet everyone!

Hi - I am also new to the site and have the same surgery date as you - March 10th. I'm nervous and excited for the surgery in equal measure. Also having pangs of guilt that I'm having to resort to surgery having never managed to diet and exercise my way to weight loss over the last 20 years.

Wishing you the very best of luck with your surgery.

Tony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, baritheri said:

I am so excited by this time next week i should be a day out of surgery.. i talked to my dr today i wasnt placed on a strict day .. basically liquid diet 2 dys prior to surgery, 3 day clear Protein liquid post surgery, then continue on liquid (don't have to be clear) for 2 weeks...have you looked into what kind of clear liquid protein... i was convinced on gettimg premiere clear liquid but i have also been advised on isopure... any suggestions

Me too! Kinda freaking me out about what life will look like this time next week!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, krkmcc32 said:

March 3 for me! Just stared the 1 week liquid diet. I had the lap band in as well and am revising to gastric bypass.
My doctors program requires a 7 day liquid diet consisting of 4 serving of Protein (shakes, creamed Soups, and milk as well as unlimited Water, sf Jello, sf popsicles and broths.
Good luck!!!

There are several of us on here for March 3rd! Good luck to you!

Edited by njlimmer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My online nutrition class is March 10th. So i'm not sure if I will be in March or more like April now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello.

I had the cursed lap band too! It never slipped but I ended up with a hiatal hernia, a gastric polyp, AND my esophagus had begun to dilate. We tried didn't we? Who knew it would be such a better choice to have a large portion of the stomach removed rather than have a tube put around it? The one I was scared most of was the safer choice! I had my sleeve FEB 10TH. I had band removed November 2019 with hiatal hernia repair. That surgery hurt so much worse than this sleeve it's unreal. Fixing the hernia and removing the band required a lot of muscle cutting.

So here I am. Lost 16 pounds before surgery (over 4 weeks by 2 weeks eating extremely clean then 2 weeks of required liquids only)

I have lost 12 more pounds since surgery morning.

28# total. Wow, being off of sugary foods, sodas, carbs, all of that junk does work!

I hope you find yourself much more comfortable after this surgery than your lap band one!! I am tolerating my liquid diet so much better than I did post lap band surgery! Stick to your surgeon's guidelines 100% !! Be true to that 2 week pre op liquid diet! I truly believe it helped my surgery go better! We were a bit worried from scar tissue from lap band so WE ARE MORE LIKELY FOR A LEAK UNLESS WE STICK TO THE RULES ❤❤❤

I know you will have the discipline and you CAN do this because you had to learn discipline with your band.

Also, I recommend collagen Protein (unflavored) for your liquids you do OTHER than your Protein Drinks. Collagen is very healing and nourishing to skin and hair and helps new cell turnover. Collagen Peptide protein tastes great and mixes easily in a little warm water....then add your milk and some ice. I use Orgain brand unflavored. I add to broth, Soups, yogurt, pudding, Jello. It dissolves well and does not effect flavor at all. GODBLESS (or whoever you belive in) and you are going to be happy! Thank God liquid diet is temporary !!! So excited for you to kick butt !!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×