Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any March 2021 Sleeve Patients?



Recommended Posts

3/17/2021... my son was 2/24/2021! Can't wait to take the next step

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Hopefulin2021 said:

On a scale of 1-10 I am at a 7 right now lol my surgery is Wednesday and I just really cannot believe it! Seems like I’ve been on this journey forever in reality 6 months lol

You got this! - I will be on cheering you and everyone else on till my turn comes on the 10th - then I will be back to cheer the rest of us Marchers on. As far as feeling like you have been on this journey forever - I feel the same way. I have been battling my weight my whole life! Had my lap band put in and then removed. I'm excitedly waiting for the day - my nerves are fried though lol

I'm in NJ as well! I wonder if we ever crossed paths!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2/26/2021 at 3:10 PM, Allie Still said:

New user here as well! My sleeve surgery is scheduled for March 10th as well!! Day 5 on the pre op diet and I'm READY to get it over with!!

Us March 10thers are really growing (in number - not size lol - soon we will be shrinking in size!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Lane McCormack said:

I’m the 1st at 12:30. The nerves, excitement and energy are very high right now. Not much longer. I’ve lost 20lbs on pre-op. Love having all of the posts to read and learn from each day

I'll be looking for you to check in when you are home and up to it. Great job on the pre-op diet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, byefatbye said:

I'm set for March 31st. I'm nervous and ecstatic! I'm ready for this change that I badly need, but it's my first major surgery and I'm scared!

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

I hear you on needing that change badly - I feel the same exact way.

We are all nervous - its natural. I am sorry you are scared - I know it is very frightening but remember why you are doing this. You got this and we will be here for you when you are finished and want to come update us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, airowo112 said:

3/17/2021... my son was 2/24/2021! Can't wait to take the next step

I’m 3/17 as well can’t wait !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, LoveSimcha said:

You got this! - I will be on cheering you and everyone else on till my turn comes on the 10th - then I will be back to cheer the rest of us Marchers on. As far as feeling like you have been on this journey forever - I feel the same way. I have been battling my weight my whole life! Had my lap band put in and then removed. I'm excitedly waiting for the day - my nerves are fried though lol

I'm in NJ as well! I wonder if we ever crossed paths!

I’m in NJ as well. March 10th will be here in no time . I like once you start that pre op diet that’s when you know it’s real! Good luck!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning again to everyone from over here in the uk.
I start my 10 day pre op plan tomorrow. Opting for food based for first week then going to shift to shake based for last few days.
Just want the day to come now. Glad to be shifting to the plan as have definitely been eating more in the last fortnight knowing it’s coming.....

Looking forward to hearing tales from the ‘early Marchers’ when you start going through x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, LoveSimcha said:

You got this! - I will be on cheering you and everyone else on till my turn comes on the 10th - then I will be back to cheer the rest of us Marchers on. As far as feeling like you have been on this journey forever - I feel the same way. I have been battling my weight my whole life! Had my lap band put in and then removed. I'm excitedly waiting for the day - my nerves are fried though lol

I'm in NJ as well! I wonder if we ever crossed paths!

Yes we are going to be looking so good this summer lol what part of Jersey you from if you don’t mind me asking? I’m from the Mercer county area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Hopefulin2021 said:

Yes we are going to be looking so good this summer lol what part of Jersey you from if you don’t mind me asking? I’m from the Mercer county area.

Lol! The Jersey Shore is getting a whole new body from me this year. lol I’m Middlesex County. My best friend lives in Mercer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, JennaP said:

I go in Monday! Woot! Any idea about what to wear? I was thinking a loose dress and tights that aren't constricting (snag brand which are plus-size friendly & not spanx-y). Are bras okay? I watched a surgery on youtube & can't tell if incisions would be irritated or not.

I wouldn’t wear a bra because you’re going to have to remove it anyway and probably keep it off until you go home. One less thing to have to deal with when you leave. I am wearing a oversized t-shirt and oversized men’s sweatpants when I go Wednesday. I just want stuff that is easy to put on and take off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JustJazzy said:

Lol! The Jersey Shore is getting a whole new body from me this year. lol I’m Middlesex County. My best friend lives in Mercer

And my best friend lives by the Jersey Shore too funny wow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, JennaP said:

I go in Monday! Woot! Any idea about what to wear? I was thinking a loose dress and tights that aren't constricting (snag brand which are plus-size friendly & not spanx-y). Are bras okay? I watched a surgery on youtube & can't tell if incisions would be irritated or not.

I have had gall bladder surgery before and the incisions are similar to this weight loss surgery. If possible try to go with a soft sports bra; i opted for no bra since I am a small B cup but if not possible, a soft no wire bra should be no issues. A dress and tights that are not spanx-y should be fine! I wore a comfy baggy two piece cotton pajama set w my uggs since it was middle of december! As long as its comfy and breathable! And stretchy !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

March 3 for me, no pre-op diet, just have to start clear fluids the day before, come on Wednesday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Hopefulin2021 said:

Yes we are going to be looking so good this summer lol what part of Jersey you from if you don’t mind me asking? I’m from the Mercer county area.

I am from the southern part of central - Millstone / Freehold / South Manalapan - part of Monmouth county.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×