Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

fill doc in wilmington?

hey everyone! i'm currently living in pa and looking into getting banded. i'll eventually be moving down to the wilmington area in the next few years. does anyone know of a doctor that would do fills on someone they didn't band? thanks

Hi Trish, I live in Jacksonville which is 45 min from Wilmington I literally went through the phone book of all bariatric drs in Wilmington, Jax, and Greenville seeking dr's that would fill. There was one in Wilmington who said that they did accept patients that they didnt band but at the time I called (6 months ago) they were not accepting new patients. I was banded in Mexico and could not find another local one that would accept patients that were banded out of the US. I use US FillCenter and drive 5 hours for my fill in Huntersville and Denver. I make it a day trip with some shopping and a good fill. It doesnt bother me to drive that far because I know its worth it. I make my appt early in the morning so I can have fun and get back before it gets dark. Hope this has helped

Hi I believe that Dr, Voellinger in Charlotte is now filling MX bandsters.

It's not 5 hours away so you may want to consider looking into him.

Since he is my Dr let me know if you'd his address and phone #, I'd be more than happy to help you.

Hi fellow N.C.ers! I've got so many questions my head is spinning. I'm trying to weigh all my options. I'm in process of getting a job as a state employee and hopefully it will be soon. I am currently being tested and having physicals required for the job process. So although it looks like the job is in the bag, I'm not on the payroll yet. Before all this came about, I was contemplating going to Mexico for the surgery.Now that this job is on the horizon, I may take the insurance route. The only thing about that is the anexiety of all I may have to go through with the ins. co. : diet documentation, testing etc. I've read so many post from people that have problems and delays from ins, so much so that it makes the Mexico deal seem more appealing. However, if I go with the Mexico, then theres the aftercare delimas. Bottom line is I'm as ready as I'll ever be physically and emotionally right now. I have been sorting all that out a long time. My biggest delima is that I want to do something within the next few months. I struggle with weight gain, it is hard just to maintain and not gain. I want to do something before they have to make my back door bigger so I can get out and go anywhere for surgery. Yes, that is an exaggeration of the situation, but that is how urgent it feels to me. Anyone with any advice or information would be greatly appreciated. thanks for reading and Happy New Year to all.....and God Bless

There are 2 surgeons in Wilmington, NC that do lap bands but I don't know their policy on filling pts they didn't band....Drs Harris and MIles.

I was banded in Mexico in Oct 07. I was unable to find ANY doc near Jacksonville who would fill a patient they hadn't banded. I also go to Denver, NC for my fills. I always spend the night in case I am too full. I don't want to have to drive back the next day. Never happened, but better safe than sorry. I knew this before I was banded, so I was prepared. But I do wish I could find a fill doc closer. I have had 3 fills and still have pretty good restriction, but I think I could use a tweak. Not gonna spend the money for the trip OR the fill for just a tweak, however. My DH is going through the process to have Medicare pay for his band at Pitt Memorial. Two hours from home for his fills, but better than 5 or 6.

There are 2 surgeons in Wilmington, NC that do lap bands but I don't know their policy on filling pts they didn't band....Drs Harris and MIles.

Do you live in the wilmington,nc area?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches