Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

💛Jan surgery countdown💛

Oh so I’ve got a ways to go then...hub has been wonderful. ESP since I’m calling on him for everything. Luckily he works from home.
I took 3 weeks off of work. I was thinking for sure I’d be back at two weeks. Currently w how I feel I’m not so sure

Thank you @greentael
This for sure is rough.

Same. I felt basically nothing for my breast lift (0/10)

My TT was like a 7 on the pain scale...but for me it lasted quite a while (much longer than GT’s 2 weeks)

(Arm lift was also a 7 and lasted even longer)

Edited by ms.sss

On 01/08/2021 at 10:40, ms.sss said:

Same. I felt basically nothing for my breast lift (0/10)

My TT was like a 7 on the pain scale...but for me it lasted quite a while (much longer than GT’s 2 weeks)

(Arm lift was also a 7 and lasted even longer)

I can’t imagine the pain of the arms on top of the pain/soreness of TT.

15 minutes ago, Kris77 said:

I can’t imagine the pain of the arms on top of the pain/soreness of TT.

Oh, i was feeling veerrry sorry for myself for a while back then, lol (quite a big baby, really).

But i’d do it all again, in a heartbeat.

Sent you a PM

I’ve had zero appetite since surgery. Anyone else exp that? Normally I’d be happy about that but I know I need the Protein to heal.

On 1/5/2021 at 5:28 AM, Kris77 said:

Anyone else have to get lovanox injections after surgery? They said it’s bc I was a past Bariatric surgery patient. They want to make sure I don’t throw a clot. I don’t want that either! I also ordered SCDs from Amazon as recommended by my surgeon.

I had them on the stand by. But my drain continued to be bloody, so my surgeon never had me use them. I only had one in office on the day I was flying home, 2 weeks post op.

On 1/7/2021 at 12:30 PM, Kris77 said:

Did any of y’all have a foley when you had your procedures?

I did the first night after surgery. Having the lower body lift I was grateful I didn't need to get up that first night

On 1/8/2021 at 5:17 AM, Kris77 said:

Well I gotta say the breast lift and aug isn’t very painful but that may be due to the fact that the Tummy Tuck is very sore/painful. Dr says yesterday and today would be the worst of it. Anyone have a positive words on the Tummy Tuck on when this got better for them?🙏🏻😊🙏🏻
I know it’ll all be worth it soon!!

My breast aug was nearly 0 pain. My lower body lift was painful, mostly when I was trying to move around. If I was still is was more like deeply uncomfortable. The back pain from being hunched along with the general soreness sitting in one position for most of the day. The most lasting pain is from muscle repair, which faded, but hung around for a couple of months.

39 minutes ago, Kris77 said:

I’ve had zero appetite since surgery. Anyone else exp that? Normally I’d be happy about that but I know I need the Protein to heal.

Normal. I was just generally low key miserable. Able to function, work etc., but taking no joy in things.

2 hours ago, Kris77 said:

I think this is common (at least from what i’ve read). I barely ate myself and lost 6 lbs in 1 month. Gained it all back (plus 6 more!) over the next 3 months (then lost those 6 extra lbs over 3-4 weeks later).

...so as an aside (and based on my experience of one) be aware of your intake when your appetite comes back! ❤️

💛Thank you!💛

Day 6 post PS:
Days 2,3,4 were the most painful I’ll say. Doing great today. Calling surgeon w my Fluid out take and he will decide when I’m coming in for my next appt based on that. Since I have a almost 4 hour drive he doesn’t want me coming in unnecessarily. Hardly have anything coming out of them so I bet I go in this week.
Abdomen has very little pain now. Breasts feel swollen and sore.
Think I need a better supported bra to hold them closer. Im in a fruit of the loom front button sports bra. My body is smaller than the cup size so the around part doesn’t fit secure but the cup area I’m def filling that part up.

Not sure what I would do without this forum. Everyone has been so helpful w tips and encouragement. 💛Thanks everyone!!💛Wish we all lived closer and could do a yearly get together!

1 hour ago, Kris77 said:

Day 6 post PS:
Days 2,3,4 were the most painful I’ll say. Doing great today. Calling surgeon w my Fluid out take and he will decide when I’m coming in for my next appt based on that. Since I have a almost 4 hour drive he doesn’t want me coming in unnecessarily. Hardly have anything coming out of them so I bet I go in this week.
Abdomen has very little pain now. Breasts feel swollen and sore.
Think I need a better supported bra to hold them closer. Im in a fruit of the loom front button sports bra. My body is smaller than the cup size so the around part doesn’t fit secure but the cup area I’m def filling that part up.

Not sure what I would do without this forum. Everyone has been so helpful w tips and encouragement. 💛Thanks everyone!!💛Wish we all lived closer and could do a yearly get together!

You are doing so great!! I'm so thrilled for you. I wish we all lived closer too! An annual BP party would be amazing!!!

So pain from incisions is very very low. It’s mainly my back from walking hunched over. Sending hub for a cane today. Back feels broken.

On 1/12/2021 at 9:55 AM, Kris77 said:

So pain from incisions is very very low. It’s mainly my back from walking hunched over. Sending hub for a cane today. Back feels broken.

How are you doing today?