Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I want to practice 100 mg protein

I am pending a EGD for some throat problems GERD and pain etc I had something happen when I had surgery before it may be effecting and want to be cleared for that and I just was diagnosed with with severe obstructive sleep Apnea. While waiting for my approval and all these things to be done I want to up my Protein and my Vitamin intake since I have deficiencies and want to lose the weight they will expect me to lose anyways and then if I decide not to or my doctor suggests not to I will have a good new habit of protein, protein protein haha.

HOW DO YOU GET 100 MG PROTEIN IN A DAY!

I'm three years post op, and I aim for about 80grams of Protein a day. WLS patients need to prioritise protein, so it's just a way of life for me at this point. You just have to focus on each meal being very high in protein.

I find it helpful to learn what foods are high in protein (e.g. lean chicken breast, eggs, almonds, Beans, chick peas) and always have them available in your kitchen. Even now, I still supplement with protein powder/protein Creamers. I will make a smoothie or stir it into my coffee. I do prioritise protein over anything else. I never, never eat a meal or snack with just empty carbs (other than some dark chocolate for a treat). There always has to be protein in each meal. It helps that I'm a bit of a carnivore though. I like the taste of carbs, but I'll have meat with only a spoon of gluten free Pasta or rice. The priority is always protein. Sometimes I think of myself like a player in a video game where the objective is to score extra points by having as much protein as possible. I eat so much chicken, it's ridiculous. High protein milk is good too. You get used to reading the labels on everything to check macros and protein.

My other tip would be track your food with MyFitnessPal. Even the free version will keep track of your protein. Right after my surgery, I also had a special bowl and plate which marked out the ratio of how much protein should be on the plate. If I'm low on protein, I'll usually make myself drink a smoothie, that's 20grams of protein right there. If you haven't had your surgery yet, it should be relatively easy to hit the protein goals because you're not dealing with restriction yet.

I get over 100 grams in every day. It's not that hard if you focus on Protein first and have protein at every meal. I'll usually have Greek yogurt in some form for Breakfast, often a Protein Shake as a mid-morning snack, something like cottage cheese or a couple of chicken skewers for lunch, some other kind of protein as a mid-afternoon snack (a couple of baby bell cheese things, or light & fit yogurt), then usually meat and vegetables for dinner (I really don't need the mid-morning protein shake to get over 100 - but it guarantees that I do, and then I don't have to think about getting in all my protein for the rest of the day - by adding a shake, I know I'll be over 100 by the end of the day. Plus, I'm one of those who happens to like protein shakes...)

Check out Bariatric Pal website. They have a lot of decent tasting foods and drinks with Protein. I use a powdered Iced coffee That has 20 grams and 2 cups of Fairlife 2% milk for another 26. So that's 46 right there.

Good luck