Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:hungry:We were all told to eat protien. I feel sometimes that is all I eat. So I got made for a week and eat all carbs. I am not back on track. Sometimes I feel I am using a form of the south beach/atkins diets? Do you feel the same way at all? Does anyone test their ketosis leaves?

No, did't test it...but I went into ketosis.

Was on Atkins a few years ago (it worked got to 136 but gained it all back when moved to a pacific island) and remember that ...don't want to gross you out...but the smell/color of urine and the taste in my mouth from ketosis.

I hit it alright...same thing happening again. I'm not spending money on the strips this time since I know what it is.

I'm getting my band losened next month as I'm hitting my goal...I plan to go on an Atkins diet...modified for me, of course.

let me know how it goes for you... I think if I decide how I want to live I can do it. But my diet for the last 6 months since the band has been hit and miss on what I should and shouldnt' eat. I now need to get a plan. My weight loss has slowed down and I am wondering if I pay closer attention to my carbs if that will help change the scale.< /p>

:hungry:We were all told to eat protien. I feel sometimes that is all I eat. So I got made for a week and eat all carbs. I am not back on track. Sometimes I feel I am using a form of the south beach/atkins diets? Do you feel the same way at all? Does anyone test their ketosis leaves?

The South Beach diet is the best way to work your band. If you eat Protein and only good carbs, you'll have the most success with weight loss.

I lost 130 pounds with Atkins. It's a great plan........the rest of this post may sound silly, so forgive me.

I dropped from 426 to the 290's with Atkins and exercise alone. I know I can drop down to my goal/healthy weight without the band as well. But I stopped the diet and didn't drop or gain a single pound because I wanted the band anyways. There is a part of me that knows I can drop the weight without it, but an even bigger part of me that knows that without some type of restriction, I'd likely gain it all back. I'm definitely getting the band as a method of controlling/maintaining my weight...........but Atkins has proved to be the only way I can lose weight. I got approved for the band and I'm very excited about it. I think the band + Atkins + exercise will be the key for me to completely get the weight off and keep it off.

Since I'm kind of new here, I'll post a picture. The first picture is me at my heaviest (around 420) and the second picture is me now (around 290) I hope to drop about 110 more after the band.

baf-1.jpg

It doesn't sound silly at all. I think most of us have lost and gained back tons of weight in the past. I know I can lose but I also know that after a few weeks my body just rebels and the hunger is unrelenting, The band for me is to keep that from happening.

Does anyone have a FREE Atkins or similar website, to help me get started. I need some help. I know what protien is but I need something to help me with counting carbs. Thanks

Dorr,

Again not to hijack the thread, but your plan is a good one. I too know I can drop crazy weight without the band, but I also know I can gain it all back with interest if I don't do something different than I've done in the past. I fell that's really where having the band will be used.

Mind you having it to lose is easier/better than doing it without... I'm just saying.

As for the Atkin/South Beach, I'm not a fan of not eating fruits and veggies, so I'm more of a South Beacher...but I feel we all need to do what is best for us. This is such an individual journey.

Dorr, you GOTTA be a tall guy, because you really carry BOTH weights well (if you can consider 400 pounds being carried well, that is). I mean, I would never have guessed the weight for either of the pictures, so I assume you are well over 6 feet tall. Don't feel bad about your band intentions. I once seriously considered GAINING 25 pounds to put myself in the category of being able to get a bypass. I thought I must have been really warped, but there are TONS of people out here who have considered the same thing. Just goes to show how desperate we are. Good luck to you!

Does anyone have a FREE Atkins or similar website, to help me get started. I need some help. I know what protien is but I need something to help me with counting carbs. Thanks

I am not sure about a website, but there are books all over the place that have carb counters. You could order this great book online,

Author Corinne Netzer The complete book of food counts.

It has fat grams, calories, carbs, cholesterol, Protein ,fiber-everything you need! There are usually little pocket sized carb counters at check stands

in the grocery stores.

I am sure if you googles Atkins, you could find their website too.

Hi!

I agree with Denise822 that a South Beach diet type approach works well for bandsters. If you have too many carbs that aren't from green veggies (i.e. Pasta, breads, potatoes, starchy vegetables, etc.), your weight loss will slow down.

Good luck!

Dorr, you GOTTA be a tall guy, because you really carry BOTH weights well (if you can consider 400 pounds being carried well, that is). I mean, I would never have guessed the weight for either of the pictures,

I tho't the exact same thing! thanks for sharing and welcome, Dorr

LowCarbFriends.com has been my home for low carb for years............ Eating a lower carb diet pre band I lost 70-80 lbs 3 times and was also able to control my PCOS and get pregnant....... watching my carbs helps ME immensley.. that said.. since I now eat so little........ I don't really aim for 20 carbs a day..... I aim for protien amounts...

I eat the Weight Control oatmeal that has less sugar than regular oatmeal....... I use SF Creamer in my coffee... but I do have a cracker here and there with my meat sauces and such... I KNOW if I were adhering to the strict 20carb a day plan of my past that I would be well into ONEderland by now, but this journey is a tad different........ and even more so.. this is my last trip down the scale! (GOD WILLING) :confused: