Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How far post-op?

First phases:

Yogurt, cottage cheese, milk, Protein Shakes (for me, it was premier protein)

Later phases:

fish

shrimp (shrimp is so good - easy to defrost and you can easily tailor the amount)

sargento balanced breaks nut/cheese snack packs

string cheese

canned veg

tuna

frozen fruit

Parm chips (sometimes they have single serving bags, sometimes they just have a big bag

Veggie burgers

Good question. I plan to go on Thursday.. I have my post-op visit tomorrow and start "week 4" of the diet. I am going to wait until I see the doctor to see if I am allowed grilled/baked chicken at this point before I head out to CostCo.. (I've read diet stages for the sleeve online, so I know what other doctor's recommend for week 4, but I am going strictly by my doctor's recommendations).

I know they have Premier Protein shakes - which I plan to get. I don't think they're that discounted compared to Walmart, but they're a little cheaper. 18 pack costs $33.99, according to online pricing.

Premier is typically cheaper in the costco store than at Costco online. Also, they often has $5 off, so watch for that.

THE BEST! ...and pic of today’s lunch😋. This was the first and really only meat my body can ‘happily’ tolerate. It’s moist, not fibrous nor stringy at all. It allows you to easily chew to applesauce consistency. I was probably ready for it around week 4-5. I’m sure it could be very easily puréed when you reach that point.

794C22FA-2B88-4676-AAF8-D00FC11D4005.jpeg

BDAB7263-CCA8-49E0-AE6E-63312741F873.jpeg

0C0395F3-58A6-470B-B15D-7222B2D82A5A.jpeg

Edited by Lily66

2 minutes ago, notmyname said:

Premier is typically cheaper in the costco store than at costco online. Also, they often has $5 off, so watch for that.

Thanks for the heads up. I see at Sam's Club -- they have Premier shakes on sale for $13.98 for 12! That's a really good deal, but I don't know anyone with a Sam's card!

I almost always have a package of their marinated chicken skewers in my fridge because they're a super convenient snack or meal if I need something quick - but then, I don't think I could have tolerated chicken breast for at least the first couple of months after surgery. But once your a ways out, that might be an option.

Every single time I go, I pick up 2 packages of the 6-pack romaine lettuce and a container of baby spinach. Not only generally cheaper than regular grocery stores, but I find they last longer in the fridge....

On 06/16/2020 at 10:07, notmyname said:

How far post-op?

First phases:

Yogurt, cottage cheese, milk, Protein Shakes (for me, it was premier protein)

Later phases:

fish

shrimp (shrimp is so good - easy to defrost and you can easily tailor the amount)

sargento balanced breaks nut/cheese snack packs

string cheese

canned veg

tuna

frozen fruit

Parm chips (sometimes they have single serving bags, sometimes they just have a big bag

Veggie burgers

Awww thank you! What yogurt do you buy? I don’t really know much about the lower fat or low sugar options 😬

On 06/16/2020 at 11:44, Lily66 said:

THE BEST! ...and pic of today’s lunch😋. This was the first and really only meat my body can ‘happily’ tolerate. It’s moist, not fibrous nor stringy at all. It allows you to easily chew to applesauce consistency. I was probably ready for it around week 4-5. I’m sure it could be very easily puréed when you reach that point.

794C22FA-2B88-4676-AAF8-D00FC11D4005.jpeg

BDAB7263-CCA8-49E0-AE6E-63312741F873.jpeg

0C0395F3-58A6-470B-B15D-7222B2D82A5A.jpeg

Oooh will def give this a try! Thanks!

4 minutes ago, lori040981 said:

Awww thank you! What yogurt do you buy? I don’t really know much about the lower fat or low sugar options 😬

I don't like flavored yogurt, so I usually buy plain greek yogurt (it is usually either the Kirkland brand or Fage). If I need flavor, I flavor it myself (I like getting the really small frozen blueberries and adding them in frozen - but I wouldn't do that so soon after surgery.)

On 6/16/2020 at 10:40 AM, notmyname said:

Premier is typically cheaper in the costco store than at costco online. Also, they often has $5 off, so watch for that.

I went today and it was cheaper in-store. $26.99 for an 18 pack. So $1.50 each. That's a good deal.. I will definitely watch for when they're on sale.

I also got the turkey that was suggested but I got the oven roasted, not the honey.

Frigo string cheese is an amazing deal -- a 60 pack for $8.79! And it wasn't even on sale. The only thing is - they only have the regular, not the Light version --which I prefer (and has less calories), but that is too good of a deal to pass up.