Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 hour ago, Tracyringo said:

I didn't know they made waffles, lol. I agree, I need to try oatmeal instead of cold Cereal. I had a half package of grits this morning so I could take some of my meds and Vitamins, otherwise I wouldn't eat Breakfast more then likely. I just don't like to cook Breakfast. I do however cook all other meals and enjoy doing it.

I made oatmeal , farina and cream of wheat - maybe Kashi, I love the cereal, is too hard, like nuts on the system?

I am weighing in at 170.4 this morning. I haven't had any more bathroom issues since I stopped taking the bariatric45. The Flinestones chewable have 36 Iron. ( I take 2 ) I am wondering if the bariatric45 wasn't dissolving maybe? I will talk to the Dr about it on Tuesday for my 1 month checkup.

I had 3 oz of beef filet last night without any issues. I measure and weigh food but rarely finish, when I belch I stop eating since I don't feel the food most of the time.

I don't have much desire to eat . I find myself eating so I can take Vitamins more then anything.

My son is getting married this weekend so I am looking forward to seeing all 3 of my kids together again ! It has been 5 years since we all were together which means I weighed 300 lbs the last time !

It sounds like things are getting better for you. I’m so glad to hear that. It should only get better from now on I pray. Your pouch will be different from others, At least that’s what I understand...some can tolerate more than others. Enjoy the wedding. My son is getting married in September and I can’t wait!

Just got back from my sons wedding. We had a nice time. Lots of comments that I am too thin and don't need to lose anymore weight. I am weighing the same as I did all last summer and into this past Feb, before Covid .

104409418_2984626504940158_6092046634914299869_o.jpg

105591476_2984784561591019_5027728749229684645_o.jpg

Today is my 1 month post op revision to bypass. I am weighing in at 167.8 .

It seems that I am a dumper on processed foods. If the main ingredient is a processed carb I am done for. We went to Cracker Barrel for Breakfast the morning of the wedding and I had bacon and a biscuit and gravy, 45 min later I was dying and praying to God to help me out so I would be okay for the wedding, sigh. FYI the biscuit was very small and about 100 calories and melted in my mouth I was so happy just to be able to eat it.

I go to the Dr. tomorrow for my appointment with lots of questions I will be writing down today.

I’m betting for sure it was the combo of the gravy (probably cooked with too much fat) and the combo of the biscuit due to the bread...too soon for bread for you. Xo

Dr. appointment went fine. Things we went over. The egg sized bulge will keep going down on my left side. I am good with taking the 2 Flinstones a day since the braiatric45 messed me up. Staying away from processed carbs or any other foods that cause me to dump and I am suppose to try to get to 1000 calories a day. I was told I can eat up to 4 oz of Protein now.

So I lost 12 lbs in a month which is a big deal considering I weighed 180 lbs versus VSG weighing 296 day of surgery and only losing 14 lbs. So malabsorption is true for me. My eating style and calories for the first month of both surgeries are the same. I jumped up in calories quickly to the 700 s the 2nd week and have been hitting 800+ last few weeks.

We discussed the acid that I still have and they are wondering if this might be food or drink related. I think last nights episode might have been. I don't think all the others would be because I didn't go to sleep with burning I woke up with it.

Its been a week since my latest post and I am still weighing in at 167.8 this morning.

I hit 1000 calories twice last week and also had a horrible week in the bathroom. I bought Miralax yesterday and had it with my coffee this morning. I am hoping I have it all worked out. I had been taking 3 extra strength Colace a day and it doesn't seem to be working anymore.

I also went and bought a wedge pillow for my GERD and when I woke up this morning the burning wasn't as bad. The only problem I had was I kept waking up and climbing back up the wedge, lol. I am not sure the wedge is my best option so I am thinking about getting an adjustable frame I found on Amazon for $100 bucks. I have neck issues and get injections and I don't use pillows because of it.

I have not had anymore bouts of dumping for over a week now since I am watching my diet, YAY.

I think all will be fine once I get all the kinks worked out.

I’m glad your eating 1000 calories and you don’t dump anymore, that’s great news.
I’m wondering why you have gerd. Bypass is supposed to heal that. I have a large hiatel hernia and it’s the only reason I’m having the bypass done. My surgeon said my chances of reflux or gerd is less than 5%. It’s worrisome to me that there’s a possibility I’ll still have gerd issues. I guess it’s a wait and see. Still waiting for my surgery date. I’m pretty sure it’ll be in July though.
take care

20 hours ago, Grace Garcia said:

I’m glad your eating 1000 calories and you don’t dump anymore, that’s great news.
I’m wondering why you have gerd. Bypass is supposed to heal that. I have a large hiatel hernia and it’s the only reason I’m having the bypass done. My surgeon said my chances of reflux or gerd is less than 5%. It’s worrisome to me that there’s a possibility I’ll still have gerd issues. I guess it’s a wait and see. Still waiting for my surgery date. I’m pretty sure it’ll be in July though.
take care

Its weird because I didn't have any symptoms in the first couple of weeks if I remember correctly. It also could be a possibility that I was numb in there and just didn't feel it? I am starting to wonder if I have another hiatal hernia ? I go back Aug 10th and if I am still burning I am sure they will send me for a EGD.

Most people don't have issues after the bypass but there are a few of us out here. You will be part of the 95% that don't have issues !! I will be excited to hear when you get your date.

Weighing in at 169.8 this morning. I am up a 2 lbs from last week and it looks like unless I want to eat just 800 calories a day I am done losing at this point. This sucks because I was hoping to have some room for a few lbs of regain but am sticking right where I did last summer without the restriction I had with sleeve, meaning this is all up to me without a tool as far as I am concerned. So disappointing.

The good news is that for the last 4 mornings I have not woke up with the burning !!! I am so hoping that this GERD will be gone so I can get off the PPI or this surgery was for nothing !!

That’s scary about the weight loss but maybe your body is where it’s supposed to be. You look great! Good news about the gerd..,praying it stays at bay. How’s the eating? Any more dumping episodes? What’s tour daily menu like if you don’t mind sharing. I’m curious because you say you don’t have the same fullness as you did with the sleeve.
wishing you all the best.

4 hours ago, Grace Garcia said:

That’s scary about the weight loss but maybe your body is where it’s supposed to be. You look great! Good news about the gerd..,praying it stays at bay. How’s the eating? Any more dumping episodes? What’s tour daily menu like if you don’t mind sharing. I’m curious because you say you don’t have the same fullness as you did with the sleeve.
wishing you all the best.

I do think my body is where it is suppose to be. I am at my high school weight pretty much. I have not had anymore dumping episodes. ( I do sometimes feel yucky after eating )

Breakfast is usually yogurt and fruit or scrambled egg and sausage or bacon

lunch has been leftovers or salad the last few days with some tuna

dinner is chicken, beef , fish, or pork and usually a potato ( or rice) and veggie.

Snacks are normally fruit. Berries, pineapple, and watermelon. I also bought some 2 carb fudge bars and frozen fruit bars. . Protein Shakes too.

Tonight I am having pork steak on grill with veggie. I am going to drop the shakes after this box is gone since I am eating pretty well and getting in up to 1200 calories a day. I am going to tweak some things and see what happens.