Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

600 cal is heaps for the first month your should be mostly just liquids I was lucky to get 350 400 cal

1 hour ago, ge0rgette2 said:

What kind of diet are you doing
? Still all liquid or soft too!?
I have had an issue with Water my entire sleeve process. I hope this isn’t that bad. What foods do you find issues with? Does it pass right thru you? That’s what I’m worried about ... eating and then running to the toilet etc.
how does one take pills now. Does that get better.
I cannot do liquid meds. Makes me gag and I’m on lexapro liquid. Two nights not can’t do it. Had to cut my pills in 1/4 and do it that way for now.
I really need to set up Vitamin regime too.

I am 6 months out now and on a regular high protein/low carb diet. I do not have trouble drinking and food does not go right through me. I have always tended to have Constipation problems anyway. I take Miralax every day. I have had maybe twice in the last 6 months that I needed to get to the bathroom quickly. Usually movements are normal though.
I still have trouble eating things like steak, pork or smoked sausage if it has the skin on it. Nothing horrible or too hard to avoid though. I get very full on small amounts of dense Protein. If I eat too fast and/ or too much it makes me sick.

remember that your pyloric(sp?)valve is no longer intact like it was with the sleeve so you should not have trouble drinking with bypass.

one word of advice is to take Probiotics. I take them daily and could be another reason that I am able to stay regular.

Edited by Losingit2018

53 minutes ago, ge0rgette2 said:

They told me to crush and do applesauce or liquid.

I feel great. But this headache. I’ve tried so many things for 2 days. I can’t get rid of it.

I had one headache but was able to get rid of it. What about your blood pressure?

1 hour ago, ge0rgette2 said:

What’s ricotta bake. I’m on full liquid right now. It’s day 4. Was revised on Wednesday.

Ricotta bake is a mixture of ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, egg, and spices. Topped with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese and baked to perfection.

55 minutes ago, Superman84 said:

600 cal is heaps for the first month your should be mostly just liquids I was lucky to get 350 400 cal

I am a revision under goal weight, its okay. thank you

19 minutes ago, Losingit2018 said:

I am 6 months out now and on a regular high protein/low carb diet. I do not have trouble drinking and food does not go right through me. I have always tended to have constipation problems anyway. I take miralax every day. I have had maybe twice in the last 6 months that I needed to get to the bathroom quickly. Usually movements are normal though.
I still have trouble eating things like steak, pork or smoked sausage if it has the skin on it. Nothing horrible or too hard to avoid though. I get very full on small amounts of dense Protein. If I eat too fast and/ or too much it makes me sick.

remember that your pyloric(sp?)valve is no longer intact like it was with the sleeve so you should not have trouble drinking with bypass.

one word of advice is to take probiotics. I take them daily and could be another reason that I am able to stay regular.

Which probiotics do you take

On 05/30/2020 at 22:23, Tracyringo said:

I had one headache but was able to get rid of it. What about your blood pressure?

05/30/2020 09:09 PM, ge0rgette2 said:

What’s ricotta bake. I’m on full liquid right now. It’s day 4. Was revised on Wednesday.

Ricotta bake is a mixture of ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, egg, and spices. Topped with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese and baked to perfection.

Ok like pizza hahahaha. I can’t have that yet.

8 hours ago, ge0rgette2 said:

When your Dr. moves you to soft you can. I had 1/4 cup of cottage cheese last night. It hit the spot.

8 hours ago, ge0rgette2 said:

You just had surgery and already thinking of eating crap

14 hours ago, Tracyringo said:

Had my first real Bowel movement today it was Black and firm/hard. Took me all day to relieve myself with Mom and other things, ugh

Weighed in at 177.8 and I am still very swollen on left side and bloated, it sucks. I am getting in just at 600 calories a day. I would think I little more weight would be gone by now but whatever at least I don't feel burning anymore.

Fantastic! How are you feeling overall?

25 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Fantastic! How are you feeling overall?

I feel pretty good overall. I think I have a pulled muscle on my right side. I need to just stay down a few days and heal more and see if it stops.

Mentally its getting better. I know I need to come to terms with this and move forward. Crying about it and looking back isn't going to help me.😉

On 5/30/2020 at 10:27 PM, Tracyringo said:

Which probiotics do you take

I take one made by now but I found a cheaper one that I just started on. I will get a link. They are chewable as chewable are easier to absorb.

For headaches, try distilled Water. It thins the blood and works very well.

These work really, really well for me but they just went up in price. I have been taking one in the morning and one at night.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B011ZBTTJK?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

i just bought a different one that is cheaper. I will start on them once I run out of the bottle if now that I have. Going to get link to new one. These are way cheaper

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000052YUH?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Edited by Losingit2018

15 hours ago, Superman84 said:

If you had taken the time to really read the post. The ricotta bake may taste like pizza as the poster mentioned but the ricotta bake is healthy and surgery friendly.
why not try being positive with people for a change rather than always making negative or bashing posts?
Believe it or not the day may come when you need help or encouragement. People here may end up treating you just as you have treated them.

1 hour ago, Losingit2018 said:

These work really, really well for me but they just went up in price. I have been taking one in the morning and one at night.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B011ZBTTJK?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

i just bought a different one that is cheaper. I will start on them once I run out of the bottle if now that I have. Going to get link to new one. These are way cheaper

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000052YUH?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

I put these in my cart, thank you.

On 10/29/2019 at 11:28 AM, Krestel said:

Do you normally drink coffee and have stopped now? The withdrawal from caffeine can be horrid. Also cutting out carbohydrates can also do it as well. I dont think it's uncommon to react that way. Try drinking more Water. Headaches are a common side affect of being dehydrated.

20 hours ago, Superman84 said:

It was a damm JOKE. Sarcasm! Don’t claim to be an expert. This isn’t the first time you’ve come across in a snarky know it all way. I’ve seen it. Don’t act like you’ll never have/think of pizza or ice cream or a damm cookie. It’s life. You’re not an expert or you wouldn’t be here with us. This isn’t my first rodeo ... I was joking with someone who had a recipe I never heard of. I also meant that I can’t have ricotta. Why is that bad to prep myself before hand to a newer way of life moving forward from a sleeve.

Edited by ge0rgette2