Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

14 hours ago, ge0rgette2 said:

Hope you feel better.. you got this!
I’m headed for the same, revision and surgery, this coming Wednesday.
I think they’re repairing my hernia. It’s umbilical. With mesh I think they said.
I have a high tolerance for pain so I’m hoping I’m okay with it this time around. Two C Sections and a gastric sleeve, few other surgeries along the way too, I’ve been okay.
I’m worried this time around ... between the virus and this liquid diet. I feel horrible today. I hope it’s nothing and why I feel so off today.

Congrats on your upcoming revision. Hope you breeze through it. I didn't have to do a liquid diet, but I did cut sugar out and any junk food the last 2 days. I pretty much just ate a lot of Protein the last 2 days before surgery. Sorry you not feeling well maybe its nerves ?

13 hours ago, Losingit2018 said:

I never had a drain with either surgery. I am familiar with them as I took care of my sisters drains after breast reduction surgery.

Did you get a diet to follow from your dr?

They are removing the drain in a few minutes. I am on full liquids for 2 weeks.

Yea the drain was a b***h I had it in for 2 days.. felt so good to get it out and take a real shower

1 hour ago, yolomomma said:

Congrats on your surgery. Everyday will get a little bit easier. If you don't mind sharing, who did your revision? How did you like them?

I live in Mo and go to Mercy. Dr. Edwards did my sleeve and my revision. Their bariatric center is really good.

I am home, showered, and taking it easy. I am going to be on full liquids for 2 weeks. I am going to go slow as far as food and progression because I have read where quite a few by passers have problems with different stuff in the beginning. Hope that I can still drink premiere Protein Shakes and will be finding out within the hour.

Also I can already feel differences in the 2 surgeries. The sleeve had restriction from the start and I could not even drink but a few sips. This by pass is not like that at all I can drink with no problems. I just taking it slow though

I am in the midwest myself so I wouldn't mind traveling there. How long is their process from first contact to surgery? Sorry about all the questions, I just havent found many people that have posted about being resleeved.

How are you feeling? You just had your surgery done right? Can you tell how strong yourrestriction is going to be yet? I know your on liquids right now but still I'm wondering if you can get a sense of your restriction already.

55 minutes ago, Tracyringo said:

I am home, showered, and taking it easy. I am going to be on full liquids for 2 weeks. I am going to go slow as far as food and progression because I have read where quite a few by passers have problems with different stuff in the beginning. Hope that I can still drink premiere Protein Shakes and will be finding out within the hour.

Also I can already feel differences in the 2 surgeries. The sleeve had restriction from the start and I could not even drink but a few sips. This by pass is not like that at all I can drink with no problems. I just taking it slow though

It was odd for me. I had no problem with premier with sleeve. I could not tolerate them after bypass at all. It was like they were too fizzy ( if that makes sense) and made me very nauseous. Hopefully you will be able to tolerate them well.

You are correct to take things slow. 7 months out and I am still finding food that I can’t tolerate but did fine with before bypass. Nothing quite like getting that sick feeling after eating something that does not agree with you. The first 2-3 months were hard when it came to finding foods that I could tolerate. It does get easier though.

another odd thing was that I could feel the mesh. It didn’t hurt but I knew it was there.

5 hours ago, yolomomma said:

OMG im so dingy I just read you had bypass. Im so sorry. Did you know you wanted bypass or did the doctor recommend this?

I had the sleeve done and have erosive esophagitis grade D from the GERD. I was told I needed to do revise to by pass so I didn't get Barrets and cancer. Have you had WLS or is this going to be your first ?

I saw my PCP on Feb 7th 2017. She sent in the order so I could go through the process and I had surgery on August 9th 2017. So 6 months start to finish but it sure did seem longer at the time. I live in Springfield not sure how far you are from here but I would definitely recommend Dr. Edwards and his team.

4 hours ago, Losingit2018 said:

It was odd for me. I had no problem with premier with sleeve. I could not tolerate them after bypass at all. It was like they were too fizzy ( if that makes sense) and made me very nauseous. Hopefully you will be able to tolerate them well.

You are correct to take things slow. 7 months out and I am still finding food that I can’t tolerate but did fine with before bypass. Nothing quite like getting that sick feeling after eating something that does not agree with you. The first 2-3 months were hard when it came to finding foods that I could tolerate. It does get easier though.

another odd thing was that I could feel the mesh. It didn’t hurt but I knew it was there.

I drank some premier and did fine. I also at 2 oz of Chobani and did fine with that. It is strange I don't feel anything but I suppose I wont until things heal up and I advance to solids.. It is messing with my head, lol

Right. You may not feel restriction but will most likely feel pain and nausea if you eat too much. Low and slow for sure

Edited by Losingit2018

On 5/23/2020 at 6:36 PM, GreenTealael said:

🏆Get Well Soon, Better days ahead ... Promise🏆

I looked for your journey last night from when you had the bypass revision last summer but was unable to find it. Could you please tell me what page that is on.

54 minutes ago, Tracyringo said:

I looked for your journey last night from when you had the bypass revision last summer but was unable to find it. Could you please tell me what page that is on.

Today has been a decent day. I have taken one pain pill and have eaten a few oz of split pea Soup blended and a few oz of Premier Protein and beef broth. I am just sore for the most part and wear the binder when sleeping.

Somebody needs to fill me in on this intestinal gas thing !!! Really the first time it hit it hurt so bad I wasn't sure if something was wrong. Had to get to the store for gas x after finding some talk about it. Is this the rest of my life? or is this just something in the beginning of the bypass?