Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had the revision done at 7 30 am this morning weighing in at 180 my original goal weight. The first 12 hours were horrible. This was a very painful surgery for me and I don't know if it was because they also took the hernia I had. ( I believe they said they took it and not fixed it but I am still on the drugs. ) I have been given morphine to start with then they switched me to dillata because the morphine wasn't cutting it. I am back on liquid hydro now. I wasn't able to urinate either for the first several hours and I am still having a hard time with it. I have been crying through most of the day. Pain, anxiety and lack of sleep have been my companions as they are still not letting visitors in. I cant tell if I still have GERD . The gas pain has been in my neck and shoulders it sucks. I did 3 laps around the ward at 1 am to see if it would help because I thought I had read it helps with the gas. Well I will keep updating my progress here. Good night

Hang in there! It will get better.

My first night after revision was awful as well because the pain management sucked (that's the difference between ICU and IMC I guess...). However, after the drain was out the next day, things got better at once.

Walking will help with the gas. You are doing good to do 3 laps! I didn’t have enough breath to barely make one lap after my revision. I am so sorry that you are in so much pain.
They did give me the injections in my stomach that kept my stomach numb and I think that helped a lot.
Hang in there. As you know from past experience it will get easier as you go.

2 minutes ago, summerset said:

My first night after revision was awful as well because the pain management sucked (that's the difference between ICU and IMC I guess...). However, after the drain was out the next day, things got better at once.

Right. It just infuriates me that drs and hospitals will not manage pain very well after major surgery. It’s not only hard to deal with but it impedes healing.

I'm sorry you're in so much pain! I never had a revision, but I have heard that they tend to be more painful then the original surgery... I hope the gas pain goes away so that you can at least get slightly more comfortable.

In some ways, after reading of so many people struggling with their pain after surgery I feel lucky to have a high pain tolerance due to my Trigeminal Neuralgia. I guess some good came out of my affliction...

I hope they can find a balance to your pain meds that helps! I wish you a speedy recovery!

Hang in there and I hope you feel better in the morning!! Best of luck to you!!

We’re all rooting for you Tracyringo, with hope that you turn a corner to bliss that it’s all behind you very soon!

0FC0686E-D92E-4B65-8C22-C287CC24CAB4.jpeg

11 hours ago, summerset said:

My drain is still in and made a bloody mess on the gown and bed. Thank you for your words of encouragement. I am just lost on how to do this and they gave me Yoplait yogurt with 20 grams of sugar so I am confused

6 hours ago, ChubRub said:

Hang in there and I hope you feel better in the morning!! Best of luck to you!!

Thank you.

6 hours ago, Lily66 said:

We’re all rooting for you Tracyringo, with hope that you turn a corner to bliss that it’s all behind you very soon!

0FC0686E-D92E-4B65-8C22-C287CC24CAB4.jpeg

Thanks lady and thanks for being here this past year .

8 hours ago, NovaLuna said:

I'm sorry you're in so much pain! I never had a revision, but I have heard that they tend to be more painful then the original surgery... I hope the gas pain goes away so that you can at least get slightly more comfortable.

In some ways, after reading of so many people struggling with their pain after surgery I feel lucky to have a high pain tolerance due to my Trigeminal Neuralgia. I guess some good came out of my affliction...

I hope they can find a balance to your pain meds that helps! I wish you a speedy recovery!

That is the thing I also have high tolerance for pain. I have lumbar stenosis severe in left right l-5 and my neck. I do not take pain meds for this. When it gets real bad and I cant handle it I call the Doc and she gives me some hydro but I have only done that once and it was this year. I feel like if I could be at home I would feel better meditating ect and actually getting sleep. Tomorrow the sun comes out and I going home lol.

Hope you feel better.. you got this!
I’m headed for the same, revision and surgery, this coming Wednesday.
I think they’re repairing my hernia. It’s umbilical. With mesh I think they said.
I have a high tolerance for pain so I’m hoping I’m okay with it this time around. Two C Sections and a gastric sleeve, few other surgeries along the way too, I’ve been okay.
I’m worried this time around ... between the virus and this liquid diet. I feel horrible today. I hope it’s nothing and why I feel so off today.

3 hours ago, Tracyringo said:

My drain is still in and made a bloody mess on the gown and bed. Thank you for your words of encouragement. I am just lost on how to do this and they gave me Yoplait yogurt with 20 grams of sugar so I am confused

I never had a drain with either surgery. I am familiar with them as I took care of my sisters drains after breast reduction surgery.

Did you get a diet to follow from your dr?

Edited by Losingit2018

16 hours ago, Tracyringo said:

Had the revision done at 7 30 am this morning weighing in at 180 my original goal weight. The first 12 hours were horrible. This was a very painful surgery for me and I don't know if it was because they also took the hernia I had. ( I believe they said they took it and not fixed it but I am still on the drugs. ) I have been given morphine to start with then they switched me to dillata because the morphine wasn't cutting it. I am back on liquid hydro now. I wasn't able to urinate either for the first several hours and I am still having a hard time with it. I have been crying through most of the day. Pain, anxiety and lack of sleep have been my companions as they are still not letting visitors in. I cant tell if I still have GERD . The gas pain has been in my neck and shoulders it sucks. I did 3 laps around the ward at 1 am to see if it would help because I thought I had read it helps with the gas. Well I will keep updating my progress here. Good night

🏆Get Well Soon, Better days ahead ... Promise🏆