Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

16 hours ago, Tracyringo said:

The good news is that for the last 4 mornings I have not woke up with the burning !!! I am so hoping that this GERD will be gone so I can get off the PPI or this surgery was for nothing !!

That's indeed very good news. :)

I weighed in at 169.4 this morning.

Lets talk about head hunger !!! I am hardly ever hungry if ever but I have raging head hunger lately and its driving me nutz and stressing me out...…. I am not saying that I never had head hunger with the sleeve but the difference is I could not and didn't eat past full. I am not saying I could not eat around it but usually didn't. This is so much different because I can eat a lot more food now with this bypass and rarely feel anything. I am not pushing myself I am just saying head hunger is a beast with this thing and I hate it. It has crossed my mind that I may need to go get some help with this head hunger if I cant keep a leash on it.

Honestly I feel like I never had WLS to begin with now and I am afraid and nervous. How do people say they have a tool to work with when you cant feel anything ? Well hopefully my GERD will be gone and I wont have to worry about cancer anymore.

Yikes...that worries me too. I’m scheduled this Saturday for surgery and I’ve been eating like I’ve already had the surgery. What’s kept me on track with my weight loss is eating protein..,are u eating enough Protein? I Think it keeps you full longer...I guess I’ll find out afterwards. Wishing you luck my friend. I hope you stay well and keep your weight balanced. You’re already at a good weight so just maintain it xo

54 minutes ago, Tracyringo said:

Lets talk about head hunger !!! I am hardly ever hungry if ever but I have raging head hunger lately and its driving me nutz and stressing me out...…. I am not saying that I never had head hunger with the sleeve but the difference is I could not and didn't eat past full.

Hmmmmmmmmmm, are you sure it's head hunger and not more subtle hunger signals than you're used to?

Also what exactly do you mean by "eating a lot"? When you take a look at your intake from an outside-WLS point of view: would it still be seen as a lot? Views on portions sizes are quite often pretty warped in the WLS universe, same with the amount of calories people refer to as "a lot", that's why I'm asking.

Your BMI is about 26-27 if I calculated that correctly (sorry, metric girl here). It's harder to tolerate a caloric deficit the lower your weight is. I became pretty much intolerant to a calorie deficit myself and I definitely would be f*cking starving on what some people on here refer to as "a lot of food". I'm maintaining at a BMI of 23 but I agree: sometimes it feels indeed a bit scary.

2 hours ago, summerset said:

Hmmmmmmmmmm, are you sure it's head hunger and not more subtle hunger signals than you're used to?

Also what exactly do you mean by "eating a lot"? When you take a look at your intake from an outside-WLS point of view: would it still be seen as a lot? Views on portions sizes are quite often pretty warped in the WLS universe, same with the amount of calories people refer to as "a lot", that's why I'm asking.

Your BMI is about 26-27 if I calculated that correctly (sorry, metric girl here). It's harder to tolerate a caloric deficit the lower your weight is. I became pretty much intolerant to a calorie deficit myself and I definitely would be f*cking starving on what some people on here refer to as "a lot of food". I'm maintaining at a BMI of 23 but I agree: sometimes it feels indeed a bit scary.

Yeah its my head telling me to eat after I just got done eating, lol. I can eat a goodie and not dump after a meal. I am not trying to do that but in my baking mode I made peach cobbler and banana muffins and of course I had to try it. Its okay though they are not my favorite and I am able to stay away.

I can eat a whole sm salad and the Soup, lol. I made meatball soup and strawberry salad it was and still is wonderful. I was just surprised I could eat it all and half of a banana muffin.

I just have a poor metabolism and need to watch what I eat and keep my calories around 1200 or less to maintain. I am older too and menopaused .

On 06/15/2020 at 07:26, ge0rgette2 said:

You're so touchy!!! You come across as sooooo rude and a know it all... We are all in this together!

This your first surgery - bypass - or were you revised - she was revised and has different mind set maybe and her surgeon or nutritionist might have different ways of doing bariatric diets - not all are the same - I'm a revision and on my 3rd week - I'm up to oatmeal and farina and pureed - even though I had a hold up last week - they told me to pick up where I left off - You are also in Aussie and I believe their medical practices are probably different from where she is from - you can't come across as rude, well you can - but maybe take a step back before you post - we are all very sensitive, trying to do the right thing - learning as well as we can... Okay -I'm off my soap box now

I agree with you ! I see to much “ know it all from MIKEYY84. Is there a way to block him so I don’t see his post?!?

On 7/10/2020 at 11:38 AM, GG926 said:

Yikes...that worries me too. I’m scheduled this Saturday for surgery and I’ve been eating like I’ve already had the surgery. What’s kept me on track with my weight loss is eating protein..,are u eating enough Protein? I Think it keeps you full longer...I guess I’ll find out afterwards. Wishing you luck my friend. I hope you stay well and keep your weight balanced. You’re already at a good weight so just maintain it xo

How are you ? Hope you are doing well and your surgery went well.

Weighing in this morning at 165.8. I am 2 months post op from my revision from VSG to GP today. I lost 2 lbs this month and am 1 lb away from my lowest weight last summer. I dont expect to lose anymore weight but if I do I will take it as a buffer. I would like to stay under 170 for life !!

I had my first episode of too much food the other day. I ate pork steak and being too full made me sick but I could not throw up, so I was miserable for almost 2 hours !! I didnt weigh it but I am guessing it was around 4 to 5 oz. Never again. So I do have restriction with solid Protein but I think I ate too fast and by the time my brain caught up it was too late ! The restriction is not the same as with VSG but it is restriction although I cant explain it.

I quit tracking my food around the 5th of July because I noticed my weight creeping up a little. For some reason I do better not tracking after I get going, this happened with my VSG. In Jan of 2019 I quit tracking and lost around 10 lbs and kept it off all last summer. The only thing I can think is I was obsessed with food and stayed to focused on it tracking and would eat up to X amount of calories and protein even if I wasnt hungry. I was like oh I didnt get all my calories so I will just have this ect ect ect. I am weird I know, lol.

I am still having the burning acid from time to time, but it isnt as often as it was with the sleeve. I am hoping my esophagus is healing but wont know anything until I go see the Dr. for my checkup in August and am scheduled for an EGD. I think I have another hiatal hernia. I say this because sometimes I feel like something is stuck in my throat when eating like before just not as often.

All in all I am doing much better then I was at the beginning of this bypass and am getting use to it.

Tracy,

Maybe for the first year or so you should weigh your food. I know it’s a hassle but I read someone’s post and they weigh exactly 4 oz (maybe 5, can’t recall) every meal to make sure it’s not more than their pouch allows, and she said she never dumps or feels bad.
I’m definitely going to have to do this.
I had a rough night last night. The pain is not letting up yet. I know it’s only day 4 of a big surgery but I can barely walk and sitting up in bed , even with the help of my adjustable bed is so hard! I feel like someone tied a brick inside of me and when I move or stand up the gravity pulls it down and it hurts so much .

My stomach kept me up all night grumbling, screaming, and making scary sounds. I guess that means it’s working?

We’ll figure this thing out! Glad I have you to talk to friend.

3 hours ago, GG926 said:

Tracy,

Maybe for the first year or so you should weigh your food. I know it’s a hassle but I read someone’s post and they weigh exactly 4 oz (maybe 5, can’t recall) every meal to make sure it’s not more than their pouch allows, and she said she never dumps or feels bad.
I’m definitely going to have to do this.
I had a rough night last night. The pain is not letting up yet. I know it’s only day 4 of a big surgery but I can barely walk and sitting up in bed , even with the help of my adjustable bed is so hard! I feel like someone tied a brick inside of me and when I move or stand up the gravity pulls it down and it hurts so much .

My stomach kept me up all night grumbling, screaming, and making scary sounds. I guess that means it’s working?

We’ll figure this thing out! Glad I have you to talk to friend.

Yes, I will be weighing my Protein from now on and eating slower. I am thinking 3oz depending on what it is and if i am having anything with it.

Sorry you are having a hard time. Hang in there it really does get better. It took me a good 6 weeks. I have heard of people saying it feels like a brick in their chest before. I didnt really have that so much. I had more gas, shoulder pain and the pain on my left side. Its all gone now.

In the beginning all that racket that our tummies make can be pretty scary and mine still does from time to time. I think they are just not happy and letting us know about it , lol.

You can come and send me messages anytime. I am here whenever you need a friend. HUGS

I had a revision 6/24/20. My sleeve was in 2013 and tummy tuck/brachioplasty 2014. My revision was by far the most painful! Month out now and feeling good!

1 hour ago, aspencok said:

I had a revision 6/24/20. My sleeve was in 2013 and tummy tuck/brachioplasty 2014. My revision was by far the most painful! Month out now and feeling good!

Glad you are pain free !!! Did you have acid issues ? Are they gone now ?

3 years ago today I had VSG. Its hard to believe how fast time has flown by. I am 146 lbs lighter and feel so much better. Before and after

83298554_10222232526782589_7456832768031326208_o (1).jpg

1424260_222418264594722_1332853209_n.jpg

2 hours ago, Tracyringo said:

3 years ago today I had VSG. Its hard to believe how fast time has flown by. I am 146 lbs lighter and feel so much better. Before and after

83298554_10222232526782589_7456832768031326208_o (1).jpg

1424260_222418264594722_1332853209_n.jpg

🎊 HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !🎊