Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Sam B said:

Thank you Tracyringo!

You are very welcome !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, GG926 said:

That’s wonderful!!!! Congrats to you.

Thanks lady !!! I hope you are doing well and feeling good !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes doing much better but weight still super low. It’s been 7 weeks and only lost 13 lbs.

Also I get super sleepy if ive had a good meal. I usually stick to Protein Drinks and yogurt but yesterday had tiny container of mashed potatoes and I swear I was in a food coma. FelL asleep for half an hour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had my first appointment last week then they sent me to a cardiologist and psychologist. The provider said the psychologist results always delay the time for the procedure to be done. I myself got a short patience 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Sam B said:

Had my first appointment last week then they sent me to a cardiologist and psychologist. The provider said the psychologist results always delay the time for the procedure to be done. I myself got a short patience 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Yes the counseling part slows it all down. I did all of their testing and then was sent for 4 to 6 weeks of counseling before they moved me to the next phase !! I was peeved to say the least but played their game, lol. I dont have a lot of patience myself so I get it. Unfortunately you are at their mercy and there is nothing you can do about it. Take a deep breath and just get through it. Remind yourself that it will be all worth it when the time comes. Hang in there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GG926 said:

Yes doing much better but weight still super low. It’s been 7 weeks and only lost 13 lbs.

Also I get super sleepy if ive had a good meal. I usually stick to Protein Drinks and yogurt but yesterday had tiny container of mashed potatoes and I swear I was in a food coma. FelL asleep for half an hour.

I would have to agree with you on the slow part but that is 2lbs a week and at a year its 104 !!! Every lb will add up to get you to where you want to be !! Hang in there and try to envision yourself 100lbs less this time next year !! I am here anytime you need to chat.

I too sometimes have to lay down after eating and take a nap.

Have you noticed by chance if you are gaining muscle or losing inches ? I did a journal and measurements in the very beginning of my original surgery because I was a slow loser compared to a lot of others. People would say to me when I would go on rants about it that it wasnt a race and everyone journey is different. We all end up at the same place if we follow our plan. Hugs

Edited by Tracyringo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Tracy.

I didn’t take measurements but I did lose inches. I was a 22/24 right and now I’m a 20 which is slightly big on me. I know I have to be patient, it’s just frustrating when other are losing 20 , 50, haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/9/2020 at 2:58 PM, GG926 said:

Thanks Tracy.

I didn’t take measurements but I did lose inches. I was a 22/24 right and now I’m a 20 which is slightly big on me. I know I have to be patient, it’s just frustrating when other are losing 20 , 50, haha.

Yes it is frustrating. I do remember !!! Hang in there !! Great rewards are coming 1!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am 4 months and 1 day post op from my revision. I weighed in this morning at 159.8 so I appear to be holding steady. I went up to 163 then it just dropped back down. Water weight I suppose.

I had a scare a few weeks ago that sent me to the ER but I left because you couldnt even get in the door !! I then went to another hospital that had a 2 1/2 hr wait !! I then went to a 3rd that didnt have an ER. I came home after that and decided I would call an ambulance if it didnt get better. I went through 4 hrs of pain and it just stopped. I chalked it up to some kind of dumping. UGH. Now my back has been out for most of the week and I have been having pretty bad pain in lower left abdomen near pelvis. Any thoughts ? I have been debating on going in but keep thinking it has something to do with my back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tracyringo said:

I am 4 months and 1 day post op from my revision. I weighed in this morning at 159.8 so I appear to be holding steady. I went up to 163 then it just dropped back down. Water weight I suppose.

I had a scare a few weeks ago that sent me to the ER but I left because you couldnt even get in the door !! I then went to another hospital that had a 2 1/2 hr wait !! I then went to a 3rd that didnt have an ER. I came home after that and decided I would call an ambulance if it didnt get better. I went through 4 hrs of pain and it just stopped. I chalked it up to some kind of dumping. UGH. Now my back has been out for most of the week and I have been having pretty bad pain in lower left abdomen near pelvis. Any thoughts ? I have been debating on going in but keep thinking it has something to do with my back.

Any change in bowel movements? Old back injuries?

If it was bad enough to go to 3 Hospitals, please tell your Surgeon just in case

Get Well Soon ♥️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had my revision from sleeve to bypass last Friday. So far I’ve had zero GERD symptoms. This is the first time I’ve had no GERD since waking up from the sleeve surgery over two years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×