Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long have you had your band and are you still happy?

How long have you had your band, are you still happy with it, any probs so far  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How long have you had your band, are you still happy with it, any probs so far

• 0 - 1year
    • 1 - 3years
    • 3- 5years
    • 5 - 7years
    • 7 - 9years
    • 10years +
    • Yes, I am totally happy with it
    • No, I wish I hadn't done it
    • Yes, I have had problems
    • No problems with my band to date

Hi all

I was flitting through the lap band complications forum and a lot of people who have had the band awhile are having them removed or having problems. So of course I had a bit of a freak out but thought that I should get my stats straight first, so I am curious how long have you had your band and are you still happy with it. Also have you had any problems - even if its now okay?

So I havent had mine for very long..since Feb, but I havent had any problems. I have an aunt who had a problem with her port moving, but it was more of an inconvience than anything. I know some people get them taken out after awhile, but plenty of people leave them in..either way, Im just happy I have it now!!

AARRRRGGGHH! I set the poll up and came out before I had finished - anyone know how I can edit it!!!!

I think you'll have to do a new thread and then you could just put in the main part of this message the link to THAT thread. This one will eventually die when people start going to the other.

Almost 1 year and very very HAPPY!!!

A year and a half and very happy with it....

Which answer would you prefer---the time length or the happiness rating?

Kat

Beka, I had more than one freak-out reading about the unhappy people. Then I realized that I have to accept the reality of forum posting. Undoubtedly, a fairly large percentage of the "Happy/No complications" people are not coming back to LBT to post because....

THEY ARE OUT HAVING A LIFE AND LOVING THEIR BAND!

Meanwhile, you can also assume that a large percentage of the "this-sucks" people ARE coming back to share their warnings with others.

So whether you're reading the postings or taking a poll, you'll have to take the results with a grain of salt and weigh them against reality.

btw -- 3.5 months and I love it. (I may not always LIKE it, as I'm still learning the ins and outs, but I DO love having it.)

I've only been banded for 4 months...I love it love it love it.

Stay away from negative posts...you never know their frame of reference...their pain tolerance...their effort put into it...etc.

Rain

Nanna makes a very good point.

My friend Jayme use to come on here and said she got so much great information for her lap band, and has lost over 100 pounds and loves it; but she doesn't come back anymore because she said she got all she needed out of the forum and didn't need the support anymore.

So, I'm sure there are TONS of folks who love the band and are doing well, but just don't post on the forums anymore.

Over 7 years out. Still love my band despite a prolonged unfill period that lasted off and on almost two years and ended up in some regain.

Losing again and well aware of the value of my tool and SO grateful that it's there!

The Lapband changed my life and really taught me a lot about myself. It's not perfect and I knew that going in, but I would run to the hospital again to have it done.

Back when Carnie Wilson was going through her RNY I was on a generic WLS board where no one had ever heard of the Lapband. As a result I became friends with a LOT of people who've had the RNY, DS and now the sleeve. Past five years you really can't tell us apart. Honestly.

When I was 30 I was diagnosed with cervical cancer--the rare kind that isn't a result of HPV. I was very grateful to be able to adjust my band as needed for the multiple surgeries I had to have, the medications, etc. It was nice to know that I didn't have to worry about malabsorption and any issues with that. I was very appreciative I had control like that.

I had a rough beginning with my band emotionally and behaviorally. But I found my way. In a strange way the band taught me patience and the value of small goals.

I still love my band :).

PS I marked 7-9 years on the poll but it didn't register for some reason.

CoffeeWench - thank you so much for sharing your story. There are so many newbies that really want to hear from experienced bandsters like you, Chickie, & jachut. It is so nice to hear your experiences and how you've done.

I'm almost 1 year out and I would not change a thing! I am extremely happy and love my band!