Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A little advice - May help me go a long way

Hello to all you wonderful knowledgeable people,

14 months ago I had a mini gastric bypass, my starting weight was 249lb and I am now down to 128. I have been incredibly happy with the results and have had a pretty easy time of it. My dress size has gone from a UK 22 to a UK 6 trousers and 10 top.

You may well be wondering so what's my problem... the thing is I am not losing any more weight and have probably sat at around 128 since the end of August, I still exercise regularly try and choose a healthy option, although a few too many glasses of wine have crept in. I suppose I just wondered is this simply a long stall or does your body eventually stop at the weight it is happy with.

Please give any possible suggestion as to what to do next as I would ideally get down to 123

Many thanks

Podgey

At your current weight you're talking about worrying about less than 4% when you want to lose 5 extra pounds. No idea if your body reaches a set point, I think others can comment on that.

people's bodies eventually stop. Mine stopped at 138. If 128 is in a normal BMI range for you, then that's probably what's going on.

Have you had a dexa scan to determine your body fat levels? If may be that you do not have sufficient excess fat to lose. Do you have a lot of excess skin? It may be that the those few remaining pounds are excess skin as opposed to excess body fat.

Aside from a number on a scale what do those 5lb mean to you?

It's 5lbs don't stress.

my ideal range is anywhere between 185-205 given by doctor.

lvidacovich, catwoman7, hop scotch, unclechaz & mikeyy

Firstly thank you ALL for taking time to respond. It's reassuring to hear that your body can find its own balance. My BMI is 24 so just in the healthy range, hence my obsession with the additional 5lb.

I had a dexa scan last July and the feedback was positive, my target set was to change fat mass -4kg and change muscle mass 1kg. I have been very fortunate with the excess skin and its really only the abdominal region that will require surgery.

I think the other reason for wanting to lose the additional 5lb was that along this journey I set myself various goals. the last goal I set myself was to be half my starting weight and maintain it for at least 1 year consistently.

Maybe it's time to get that second dexa scan.

Many thanks once again for your kind words and helpfulness

Podgey

I am Now also one- half my former Size - went from 265+ to 180, still wanted to drop 5 pounds more but if I don't? NBD, my sister, NBD- I am So Happy to be one- half the Woman I once Was, everybody is now complimenting ME, a bunch claiming they WERE supporting ME- like I couldn't remember who supported And who ignored or averted their Eyes. I still believe in my 💓of 💓 I like RoadKill, like an out- of- control lorry flattened ME, but I smile Sweetly and merely Thank Them, let them say What makes Them HAPPY- but MY memory has not diminished even if I am 73, 74 on Boxing Day, I AM ALIVE, SPUNKY And PLANNING to LIVE OUT MY FUTURE!

Look Like, never thought RoadKill was THAT LOVELY!