Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey all coming up to 2 weeks left until surgery starting to think about the puree liquids stage..

What do people use post op because our portions will be so tiny I'm thinking a small stick blender or like a bullet or nutri ninja?

The bullets have like different cups of 500ml plus where the stick has a small jug size?

I know I'll have to puree pretty much everything I want to eat from eggs to meat to tuna or veggies to very fine consistency?!

I can get a cheap stick mixer or nutri ninja like below

What are people's opinion or experiences like which works better????

WK41_PD_388x314_53b.jpg

WK41_PD_388x314_54b.jpg

Edited by Mikeyy

Honestly I didn’t bother blending stuff too much. I just este soft foods during the puréed phase. Things like yogurt, cottage cheese and Soups (with added Protein powder). The phase goes by quickly and you eat so little, it’s almost not worth the effort of preparing anything too complicated. For example, I made a tuna salad one day, and I took about 2-3 spoonfuls as I was making it, to taste for salt and seasoning, etc. I was full by the time the darn thing was ready and I ended up putting in the fridge. That same tuna salad fed me for like 2 days. Lol.

So you may not even need a blender.

Oh ok I can't fathom only a few bites and full

my nutra ninja died this morning and I only had for 4 yrs but starting using it in March. So annoyed! With that vent, I am getting an immersion blender to try

Edited by Chardonnay40

I have a Vita Mix and a really small Kitchen Aid chopper. I've use the kitchen Aid twice since 10/1 when I had my sleeve surgery. I'm not sure if I would fork out the $. However, if you can see yourself using it in the future for smoothies, or things like that, then by all means indulge.

I am 7 weeks out. I bought a nutri bullet before surgery and have begun using it and LOVE it! It has the motor base, and uses a cup with a blender lid. It is SO EASY to use! I have decided to follow Dr Vuong's (youtube him) advise and do a "green smoothie" for Breakfast, a big ass salad for lunch (lol... although I am not at that point yet) and a healthy dinner.

I am mixing spinach/kale with fruit and a Protein Shake for now. I think the cup is maybe 32oz... I don't fill it to the top... just near the fill line before mixing and of course it expands a little. Blend it until it is thin enough for me to get down... then drink it over an hour or so. This way I am getting 30 grams of Protein along with a serving of fruit and half to one serving of veggies. Love it so far! What I struggled with was following recipes... for me... Dr. Vuong's recipe books for green smoothies make 4 servings. Instead I am just throwing in smaller amounts. I find that having a variety of frozen fruits is the way to go. I was planning to do fresh fruits but realized that I would waste too many so frozen works much better. Plus... they have nice mixes of frozen fruits already available.

I have a version of both, but I just plan on mostly eating soft foods that don't need to be blended. If I were wanting to puree a can of Soup or something of that sort, I would use my Nutribullet. If I wanted to make a pot of soup to puree, I'd use my immersion blender right in the pot. My Nutribullet is a lot sharper than my immersion blender, so that may be something to think about depending on what you plan to puree, but that could vary from each product.

They both have their good points. If you plan on making a lot of smoothies down the road, a Nutribullet or Nutri Ninja would probably be the better investment, but the more expensive one.