Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Surgery dates???

1 minute ago, CapyCapybara said:

Is it coming off faster than on pre op diet?

Well...no because I was not placed on a pre-op liquid diet. I was on a medically supervised diet of low carb, high protien and lost 11 lbs before surgery over the span of 3 months.

27 minutes ago, CapyCapybara said:

Is it coming off faster than on pre op diet?

Um I think i prefer the pre-op phase... at least i could chug Water lol... the sip sip sip is kinda hard when your thirsty..... i did one week pre op of clear liquids... and last week was clear... I was so exhausted of Jello and sugar free crystal light so excited for this current week of full liquids... yet I’m still scared of eating to full “feeling”... but these Protein Shakes are delish... my stomach was happy for soup😍

3 hours ago, smb123 said:

Surgery is on 12/30, on day 2 of the pre-op diet!!

How are you feeling on the pre-op diet? Congratulations on your accomplishments, surgery is soon.

13 hours ago, JediMom said:

Thank you @Krimsonbutterflies I appreciate your kind words! Surgery went well yesterday and it looks like I’ll get to go home today. I’m only a little nauseous and that’s when I get up. Pain is controlled it’s just more of an uncomfortable feeling. I’m trying to learn how to sip slowly. 3 sips is usually too much for me and causes more discomfort in my stomach and an overly full feeling. Still very tired and sleepy. I slept most of the day yesterday.

Get your rest, this your time to recover, heal, mentally ,emotionally, physically and spiritually come into a new existence. Don't pressure yourself to do anything that isn't in line with your healing, hydrating and moving the gas along out of your body, 😄. When we sleep, our bodies are healing. I know you are going to be fine and encouraging so many others. You've got an early Christmas present, a healthy new beginning.

Surgery was Monday 12/16, the gas pain is the worst but once I got to my room them gave me morphine and I was able to rest. I felt so exhausted, I slept all day after surgery lol. Got to go home yesterday. Pain is controlled with a full ache/uncomfortable feeling. I was kind of dehydrated pre surgery so I’m doing my best to drink as much fluids as possible which is hard because I want a big gulp of ice Water and that’s just not happening lol. I’m taking liquid oxycodone, ondasetron, something for stomach pain/cramps and Pepcid. Since I’ve been home I’ve slept, taken meds, trying to walk around and took a nice shower before bed. I have this tummy support band I used when I was pregnant and it feels good today, like putting a little pressure on my stomach which feels good as well as using a heating pad. My incisions are fine except for the biggest one, it hurts and leaked a little bit of clearish pink Fluid at the hospital, the dr looked at it and send it was normal. I’ve had diluted apple juice, some chicken broth, Jello which tasted so sweet and a SF popsicle which was extra sweet as well. Ready for the pain to subside!!

Today is my surgery day!!! I can't believe it's actually happening! I had a bit of a roller coaster ride yesterday, when the hospital wasn't going to put me come without pulmonary clearance. I rushed to the doctor, and got clearance at 3pm yesterday! Gotta love jumping through those last minute hoops!! LOL!!

Official day of surgery weight is 218! Woo Hoo!!!

I'm so excited and can't wait to join those of you who are already post-op, and of course continue to cheer on those still waiting for their surgery date to get here!

XOXO!!!!

On 12/18/2019 at 05:17, ChubRub said:

Today is my surgery day!!! I can't believe it's actually happening! I had a bit of a roller coaster ride yesterday, when the hospital wasn't going to put me come without pulmonary clearance. I rushed to the doctor, and got clearance at 3pm yesterday! Gotta love jumping through those last minute hoops!! LOL!!

I'm so excited and can't wait to join those of you who are already post-op, and of course continue to cheer on those still waiting for their surgery date to get here!

XOXO!!!!

I’m getting prepped now!!! Good luck !! See ya on the other side

On 12/18/2019 at 00:05, Krimsonbutterflies said:

How are you feeling on the pre-op diet? Congratulations on your accomplishments, surgery is soon.

I am feeling pretty good! Day 3 is off to a good start! Thank you! I am excited but so nervous, this is my first surgery ever! 😬😱

On 10/12/2019 at 3:52 PM, Cinde52 said:

I’m scheduled for bypass on December 23rd in Denver, Colorado.

Hey, surgery twin! Yeah. My vsg is Monday too. Are you more nervous than excited or totally ready for it? I haven't been that loyal to the liquid diet at first. (my program requires 2 weeks of it.) But am doing better this week. Let's keep in touch so we can share experiences.

3 hours ago, CapyCapybara said:

I’m getting prepped now!!! Good luck !! See ya on the other side

Congratulations, praying for a successful surgery and recovery for you, when you are feeling better check in with us.

3 hours ago, ChubRub said:

XOXO!!!!

Hey Chubrub, you are going to be fine as well. I'm going to pray for your successful surgery and healing as well. I'm feeling like, I'm there with you guys in spirit. When you are feeling better, please let us know. Congratulations to you and CapyCap...

11 hours ago, eporter said:

Surgery was Monday 12/16, the gas pain is the worst but once I got to my room them gave me morphine and I was able to rest. I felt so exhausted, I slept all day after surgery lol. Got to go home yesterday. Pain is controlled with a full ache/uncomfortable feeling. I was kind of dehydrated pre surgery so I’m doing my best to drink as much fluids as possible which is hard because I want a big gulp of ice Water and that’s just not happening lol. I’m taking liquid oxycodone, ondasetron, something for stomach pain/cramps and Pepcid. Since I’ve been home I’ve slept, taken meds, trying to walk around and took a nice shower before bed. I have this tummy support band I used when I was pregnant and it feels good today, like putting a little pressure on my stomach which feels good as well as using a heating pad. My incisions are fine except for the biggest one, it hurts and leaked a little bit of clearish pink Fluid at the hospital, the dr looked at it and send it was normal. I’ve had diluted apple juice, some chicken broth, Jello which tasted so sweet and a SF popsicle which was extra sweet as well. Ready for the pain to subside!!

I had my surgery on Monday. My liver was nice and small and soft and the surgery lasted less than an hour! My husband said he got scared because the surgeon came back out so quickly but heard the good news. First day was a blur and slept most of it. I got up towards the end of the night and did 2 laps around the hospital unit. I came home yesterday early evening. My labs looked great and my pain was very well controlled on Tylenol and Tramadol. I only took 3 tramadols the entire day yesterday. sleeping on my back is difficult bc it hurts too much to sleep on the side. My back is more achey than anything else. I don't have any pain at my incision sites but I just feel really bloated and as if I had a million sit ups and am sore. I've been getting rid of gas and every hour I get up and wake around my house for a few laps. Learning how small sips and how many sips to take is the hard part. I can do 2 small sips and then have to wait at least 15 mins to do 2 more small sips. I am up 6 lbs from the day of surgery but was told that is normal based on all the swelling I have. I have an old belly band that I should try. I'm holding my stomach when I walk around the house bc it makes it easier and no pulling on my incisions.

if you want to capitalize on all your pain and suffering - don't do the diluted apple juice... only do zero calorie drinks.. then you won't have to post in a few weeks about how your weight loss is slow.