Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Surgery dates???

Cheated too and then called a wise friend who has been through this too and she said Do you really think you’re the only one to cheat? Put it into prospective. Lol
There couldn't be any serious harm you could do from one cheat pre-op, as long as it's not surgery day.

Sent from my SM-T820 using BariatricPal mobile app

Cheated too and then called a wise friend who has been through this too and she said Do you really think you’re the only one to cheat? Put it into prospective. Lol
There couldn't be any serious harm you could do from one cheat pre-op, as long as it's not surgery day.

Sent from my SM-T820 using BariatricPal mobile app

On 12/20/2019 at 9:53 PM, JB1 said:

Yeah for you! Keep trying and slowly stand up, preferably with suport your gonna get there. How are you feeling this far out? Is everyone driving by this time? Any Lifting restrictions? My program, Dr. didnt mention either preop. Thanks.

I was driving by day 5. A short drive as I had to take my daughter to ballet class. Today I drove about an hour total to run errands. I only took Tramadol the day after I was discharge but have been on Tylenol 2 times a day which manages my pain very well. I have a 20lb weight restriction for 6 weeks. I’m 1 week out from surgery.

On 12/21/2019 at 8:58 AM, Giselle1225 said:

Hi everyone, hope you are having a speedy recovery. I got sleeved on 12/10. I had started a pre liquid diet 2 weeks prior surgery 12/26. Soo no I didn’t have thanksgiving meal. I did cheated a few time in my pre op diet but very little and lost 10 pounds. After the sleeve I have to continue the liquid diet for another 3 weeks. I have not cheated at all since post op and eating very little. I have some energy now to run errands, play more with my daughter and do some chores around the house. I struggle with drinking all day since I get full quickly. I’m just soooo annoyed about the liquids already. Got to the point that I no longer enjoy the diet Snapple or G zero which I used to. The shakes are getting boring. The broths are okay but my Protein won’t dissolve in it 😭. What are you guys eating in the liquid post op? I need some new ideas. Thanks

p.s I still have about a week and half before puree food. Highest weight 259. Surgery date weight 240. Current weight 229. Everything else is fine. No pain in my incisions, minimal gas pain and swelling is down.

I’m over my liquid diet too! I did 2 weeks liquid preop and have 2 weeks liquids post op. I’m on full liquids so I’ve introduced yogurt which helped and then I did Decaf coffee mixed with a little Premier Protein and a small but of Sugar Free Chocolate pudding. I’m going to try a premier Protein with PB powder scoop into it. I’ve barely begun to hit my 64oz daily and today so far have had about 15g of protein. I just want to chew! It’s cold where I live so popsicles or the such are a no go. I’ve also noticed I’m constantly freezing since surgery. I’ve never been this way before surgery.

On 12/21/2019 at 1:30 PM, eporter said:

Did you try the Miralax yet? I’ve had it the last 3 days but only went today and day before yesterday. Hope it helps you!

I cannot get past this one incision area hurting me. It hurts to move, sit up, bend, cough. I know it’s the biggest one but sheesh. I got a little light headed this morning after struggling to get out of bed I think it just hurt too much. Nothing else is bothering me though so I just want that area to get better!! I’ve been taking pics of it to make sure nothing is changing/pussing/turning red. I’m washing the area with dial soap to make sure it’s clean.

I made it to my daughters dr appt yesterday and the auto car wash but didn’t attempt the grocery store. Hubs is home so we’re going today.

How was ballet? Take a nap before going shopping! I was completely exhausted after my couple of errands yesterday.

I’m gonna try the coffee with Protein Shake today, sounds so satisfying lol

Ballet was good. I was able to sit on their super plush couch which helped. I went straight home afterwards. When I get lightheaded I know it’s bc I haven’t drank enough fluids.
It took 2 days of Miralax to finally have a BM. And boy was that difficult. I think I’ll continue Miralax one time daily just to keep things going.
I’m barely able to get in my 64oz of fluids in. I felt it when I was walking around the store today. I had to sit down and wait while my hubby checked out. I found some PB powder to add to the Protein Drinks to start getting in my Protein. How has your protein intake been if any lol

How soon after the sleeve did you have to poo?? I’m day 3 post op, I’ve only had Water, popsicles and Bone Broth and don’t even have an urge to go

On 12/23/2019 at 10:06, alejandra said:

December 26th for my sleeve!

Awesome Christmas gift to yourself!

On 12/23/2019 at 18:43, fitnessRN19 said:

How soon after the sleeve did you have to poo?? I’m day 3 post op, I’ve only had Water, popsicles and Bone Broth and don’t even have an urge to go

I had the urge but not like normal. I took miralax on day 2 post op, at home, I took it again the next morning and went about an hour after that. I say be prepared to incorporate it into your diet now lol

On 12/23/2019 at 18:43, JediMom said:

Ballet was good. I was able to sit on their super plush couch which helped. I went straight home afterwards. When I get lightheaded I know it’s bc I haven’t drank enough fluids.

It took 2 days of Miralax to finally have a BM. And boy was that difficult. I think I’ll continue Miralax one time daily just to keep things going.

I’m barely able to get in my 64oz of fluids in. I felt it when I was walking around the store today. I had to sit down and wait while my hubby checked out. I found some PB powder to add to the Protein Drinks to start getting in my Protein. How has your Protein intake been if any lol

I’m glad ballet worked out for you. I went ahead and started the miralax everyday too for now. I’m struggling reaching 64oz too. I’m trying to do better and track my Water and food on the baritastic app. I had a carnation light start powder mixed with almond milk for Breakfast and that was okay, had a good amount of protein but I only drank 1/2. I bought some oikos triple zero Greek yogurts and I actually like those, 15g of protein each! That’s all I had today though 😬 think I need to eat a little more

4 hours ago, JediMom said:

I was driving by day 5. A short drive as I had to take my daughter to ballet class. Today I drove about an hour total to run errands. I only took Tramadol the day after I was discharge but have been on Tylenol 2 times a day which manages my pain very well. I have a 20lb weight restriction for 6 weeks. I’m 1 week out from surgery.

Thank you for sharing.

Judy

Dec 23,19 gsv

Hi everyone

Today was my surgery vsg day!!

Dr. Said surgery went really good, no issues. I did my preop liquid diet for 2 wks 12/9..and I'm doing liquid phase 1 and 2 for 10 days. Labs are good. RN told me my O2 stats got better just about 6hr ago. Guess they were low prior. Ive been up walking round the floors today too. Going home tomorrow if can hold liquids down: no vomiting and I progress ok. Stomach is very sore. No nausea and pain is a 4_5 most of the time. RN told me my O2 stats got better just about an hr ago. Guess they were low prior. Will come back and post as I progress.

Congratulations and what a beautiful gift for the holidays. Thank you for the update, I admire those who are able to prepare a lengthy comprehensive update on the surgery, personal awareness and etc. Darn Rockstars!!!!

It's day 15, so I finally get to eat purees per my post op diet! I might try diluted refried Beans as my first attempt. That or a scrambled egg. Probably have it later tonight because even pre op my stomach was always uneasy early in the morning, so I often just had a Protein Shake or a banana and milk for breakfast just to have something in my stomach.

Having to drink a Protein shake while the rest of my family ate steak and potatoes for Christmas dinner was rough, man. My stomach is still meh on food but I do have some head hunger now. Not as bad as before, but it's present. Could be more me looking forward to solids than anything. Protein Shakes are doable, but boring. (Note: my sense of smell has been off half the time since surgery. Sometimes way off. My mom made Christmas Cookies the other day and I thought she was making beef stroganoff XD On the other end, I could smell the steaks just fine and holy cow, they smelled amazing.)

I'm still not hitting my 500 calorie goal, but am consistently hitting protein and hydration goals. I've been averaging 60 grams of protein and at least 72 oz of Water. I'm also getting closer to my calorie goal at 400-425 calories a day. I've been drinking two protein shakes plus a small glass of milk most days. I can't do broth on its own anymore.

Good Morning all! Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. I'm 8 days post op, and last night was the 1st night that I slept through the night (usually wake up needing nausea or pain meds), so I feel like I'm definitely on the road to recovery. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were a little rough, but I just told everyone that I had a sinus infection to explain for my lack of energy and lack of eating.

I haven't taken anything for pain or nausea today, and don't feel like I need to....hooray!! I took 2 naps yesterday, so fingers crossed I can get through today without napping. I lucked out with the holiday break, and don't go back to work until after New Years, so by then I should be perfectly fine.

209 this morning, so down 9lbs since surgery!! Hope everyone is doing well!!

8 minutes ago, ChubRub said:

Good Morning all! Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. I'm 8 days post op, and last night was the 1st night that I slept through the night (usually wake up needing nausea or pain meds), so I feel like I'm definitely on the road to recovery. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were a little rough, but I just told everyone that I had a sinus infection to explain for my lack of energy and lack of eating.

I haven't taken anything for pain or nausea today, and don't feel like I need to....hooray!! I took 2 naps yesterday, so fingers crossed I can get through today without napping. I lucked out with the holiday break, and don't go back to work until after New Years, so by then I should be perfectly fine.

209 this morning, so down 9lbs since surgery!! Hope everyone is doing well!!

@chubrub Congrats! I'm glad your feeling better and doing better with the N/V. Did you have weight gain at first? I'm po day 3 and I'm 6#s up! RN stated it was normal since they pump you full of IV Fluid to prevent dehydration once your home. But it was a bit disappointing to see the scale go up not down.