Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Surgery dates???

12 hours ago, Cheeseburper said:

Good luck to all those with surgery dates for today or in the coming days!

I'm getting ready right now to head to the hospital right now, more excited than nervous thankfully.

See y'all on the other side! (Last official home weigh in... 315.2lb)

Surgery went well. Gallbladder / Lap-Band removed, RNY performed.

Woke up in a lot of pain and was given some diluadid and morphine pain pump. Sipping Water and in my room now... Onwards to recovery!

Supposed to be here overnight and released tomorrow, we shall see.

@Cheeseburper ,

Congrats on your surgery. Hope your pain eases quickly and your recovery goes smoothly. Hang in there....your new life is starting.

YOU CAN DO THIS!

@JanLPhun

PS: My gastric sleeve procedure is tomorrow 12/10 at 10:00 am.

Edited by JanLPhun
wrong date

5 hours ago, Cheeseburper said:

Woke up in a lot of pain and was given some diluadid and morphine pain pump. Sipping Water and in my room now... Onwards to recovery!

So glad it went well. Give it 3-4 days you should be doing better. Go for some short walks will help move the gas around. Welcome to the winners circle, I save you a seat on the losers bench.

5 hours ago, Cheeseburper said:

Walking/standing after drinking anything will help keep yur funnel/sleeve empty. You want to keep the funnel empty while meeting the fluid/nutrition goals. 4 1/2 days out , no problems or real pain with that strategy .

Trying to get ready for my surgery tomorrow. I have to be at the hospital 3 hours prior but the surgery is at 1:30pm. I guess I will starve all day since I can’t have anything pass midnight. Speedy recovery for all you wonderful people that had surgery today. I got messages for a bunch of medicine that is ready for me at the pharmacy. Everything seems on track so far 😊

7 hours ago, Giselle1225 said:

Trying to get ready for my surgery tomorrow. I have to be at the hospital 3 hours prior but the surgery is at 1:30pm. I guess I will starve all day since I can’t have anything pass midnight. Speedy recovery for all you wonderful people that had surgery today. I got messages for a bunch of medicine that is ready for me at the pharmacy. Everything seems on track so far 😊

Loads of best wishes for today’s journey to the Winners Circle, saving a place for you at the losers bench loads of room for your twins.

3 hours ago, RaeSavage said:

I got my time. Surgery at 8:00am on 12/11. I’m excited!!! Last day. Clear Liquids only!!!

Good for you! Enjoy the moment, I will wait at the bench inside the winners circle for you.

see you on your new Birthday, will be toasting with some H2O.

Surgery tomorrow haven’t got my time yet but was told be there at 6 am a couple days ago unless my phone call tells me differently. Super excited and I have my surgeon preop appointment today. Not sure how many of you have sampled the Chili Unjury brand Protein Soup but I’m loving it. I’ve made it twice now and learned after the first time that 1/2 a pack or 1/2 a scoop is very filling so I just save the other half for when I start feeling those hunger pains again. I highly recommend it if you like things with lots of flavor and spice.
Now I may have over did this as I tend to in my excitement but I went on my liver reduction diet early and have been consuming less than 800 calories for 17 days. I’ve been feeling light headed and dizzy and of course the headaches that are normal. I’ve only been on straight liquids for the past 4 days as my doctor only required me to be on them for 2. Besides the dizziness I feel good and just wondering if anyone else having light headed and dizzy spells and roughly how many calories you’ve consumed during the liver reduction period. My dietician didn’t want us to count calories just make sure we implemented certain items which I did Protein Drinks and 1 meal high in protein with veggies. Then of course switch to all liquid the final 2 days. Some days I did only get 600 calories and found it hard to reach 800. My dizzier days
Best wishes everyone

2 minutes ago, jenforr108 said:

Surgery tomorrow haven’t got my time yet but was told be there at 6 am a couple days ago unless my phone call tells me differently. Super excited and I have my surgeon preop appointment today. Not sure how many of you have sampled the Chili Unjury brand Protein Soup but I’m loving it. I’ve made it twice now and learned after the first time that 1/2 a pack or 1/2 a scoop is very filling so I just save the other half for when I start feeling those hunger pains again. I highly recommend it if you like things with lots of flavor and spice.
Now I may have over did this as I tend to in my excitement but I went on my liver reduction diet early and have been consuming less than 800 calories for 17 days. I’ve been feeling light headed and dizzy and of course the headaches that are normal. I’ve only been on straight liquids for the past 4 days as my doctor only required me to be on them for 2. Besides the dizziness I feel good and just wondering if anyone else having light headed and dizzy spells and roughly how many calories you’ve consumed during the liver reduction period. My dietician didn’t want us to count calories just make sure we implemented certain items which I did Protein Drinks and 1 meal high in Protein with veggies. Then of course switch to all liquid the final 2 days. Some days I did only get 600 calories and found it hard to reach 800. My dizzier days
Best wishes everyone

I hope the dizziness subsides. May I ask if you've lost any weight? I want to start my diet the week after Christmas.

I'm so excited reading about everyone's recent and upcoming surgeries!!

I go to the hospital tomorrow for pre-admission testing. It's getting real!! I still feel like I'm starving on this pre-op diet, but I know that in a couple weeks it will all be worth it.

I have a closet full of clothes that don't fit, and I started organizing them by size. Ha ha! I have jeans that range from size 4 to 14, and I can't fit into any of them! Once I grew out of the 14s, I started wearing stretch pants. Can't wait to wear jeans again. I also have a tons of suits ranging from 6 to 18. The 6s are literally 20 years old, but I've held on to them, just in case I can ever fit into them again. They are from Petite Sophisticate, which went out of business YEARS ago!!!

So for once, I'm having fun in my closet, dreaming about wearing some of these clothes again someday soon!!

4 minutes ago, ChubRub said:

I'm so excited reading about everyone's recent and upcoming surgeries!!

I go to the hospital tomorrow for pre-admission testing. It's getting real!! I still feel like I'm starving on this pre-op diet, but I know that in a couple weeks it will all be worth it.

I have a closet full of clothes that don't fit, and I started organizing them by size. Ha ha! I have jeans that range from size 4 to 14, and I can't fit into any of them! Once I grew out of the 14s, I started wearing stretch pants. Can't wait to wear jeans again. I also have a tons of suits ranging from 6 to 18. The 6s are literally 20 years old, but I've held on to them, just in case I can ever fit into them again. They are from Petite Sophisticate, which went out of business YEARS ago!!!

So for once, I'm having fun in my closet, dreaming about wearing some of these clothes again someday soon!!

My closet is surgery ready as well. I'm looking forward to wearing a few dresses, smaller pants and shoes.

I too reorganized, even repainted my closet. Bought some new clothes and have them sized down from my current to size 8. The clothes That are already to big for me I’ve washed tagged for a garage sale and put in my she-shed for a sale next year. Down 3 sizes started size 22 but can now wear a size 18. Whoop whoop. Excited and feeling great to have clothes that look nicer and LOOSER on me. I’ve been having my daughter take periodic pictures of me Thru this journey and can’t wait to see the very end result and the transformation she puts together for me with her film. I’ve already seen differences that amaze me. Sometimes you don’t realize how bad it was you came from til you see where you worked so hard to get. You realize you never want to go back to that bad place again.
Size 8 I’m coming for you🤗