Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are your pre-op rituals/obsessions?

I've been doing to the docs since July 24 (first appointment was made in June, but, as we all know, it's a waiting game). I have my endo (re)scheduled to 10/3 (the first facility didn't take my insurance 😠) and my pre-op with my primary on 9/30. My surgery is set (as along as all tests are good), for 10/28/19. I've lost 36 plus pounds on my own. I watch everything that goes into my mouth and I exercise. I also obsessively go on this site and Facebook grounds about bariatric surgery and watch my 600-lb life when I'm not feeling motivated enough (I will tend to go for a nice, long walk after seeing their struggles). I read stuff every day. I feel like I'm obsessed! The date seems so far, yet so close.

What is everyone else doing to prepare for the big day?

You have lost 36 lbs in 2 months?! Congratulations!!!

I’m obsessed with reading and watching everything I can.

I will admit my eating lately isn’t perfect and I’m working on fixing that. I did quite well in the first month but this past month not so much.

I have major some major changes that I have stuck to...quit coffee, no more drinking alcohol (was a social drinker) and I have introduced Protein Shakes into my life.

I am scheduled for rny on 10/15. I’m only down 5 from my first appointment in July. It was 9...

You are doing GREAT!

-Obsessed about logging food

- checking this site

-check my health portal at my provider website

- Protein Shakes

-adding WLS stuff to Amazon wish list

When I was pre-op, I was obsessed with this site and reading everything I could about WLS. Also, I read about everything I could find on the internet about the subject as well. I bought a couple books and a nutri-ninja and just about everything else I could find to buy to get me in the mindset, but most of that ended up being frivolous purchases, looking back.

Long story short, your medical team knows what they're doing for the most part. It's your job to stick to the plan and their recommendations. You can read and prepare all you want, but if you don't change your habits and develop some kind of discipline in regards to nutrition and physical activity, no surgery in the world is going to work, it's just going to give you a head start, the rest is up to you. Just my 2 cents.

Good luck all of you preparing for this big step forward in your life.