Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Plastic Surgery Thread

Boo on the discomfort/weepiness/soreness/back-to-jogging-pants-ness. :(

I'd be annoyed too.

Though there ain't nothing wrong with some Dr. prescribed relaxing! Kick you feet up and have BF meal prep for YOU!

Hope you feel better soon....❤️

P.S. I find walking outside always makes everything feel a little bit better...

6 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Boo on the discomfort/weepiness/soreness/back-to-jogging-pants-ness. :(

I'd be annoyed too.

Though there ain't nothing wrong with some Dr. prescribed relaxing! Kick you feet up and have BF meal prep for YOU!

Hope you feel better soon....❤️

P.S. I find walking outside always makes everything feel a little bit better...

BF meal prepping = "babe, you want Thai or pizza? ?" 😂

True about walking outside ... says the person from Toronto to the person who lives at the literal beach 😞

Please take care and rest as much as you need to

Hope this finds you a bitt better. I was just reflecting on how quickly this has happened for you. Pretty awesome. My procedures were sealed with glue rather than stitches and did not scab that glue took months to come off and when it dead I switch to scar cream or tap. Hope in the silver gauze makes a difference especially in the areas of weeping. I resorted to a picture journal during my last procedure - thigh lift with subsequent complications and infection. Take care of yourself remember you get one chance to heal! Question- what is an am lift? Referenced in your post on random thoughts. 🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡

On 1/8/2020 at 2:33 PM, Stella S said:

Question- what is an am lift?

Brachioplasty

I originally was interested in a crescent style that only had the incision in the underarm area. The feedback I got was it doesn't have great results, and can have healing issues. So I dismissed that pretty quickly. At some point down the road I might have a full brachioplasty, we'll see how my scars end up.

Six weeks post op checking in!

My LBL incision is progressing nicely. Starting 2 or so weeks ago, I started feeling/hearing some "pops" along my incision line. The internal sutures were giving way (like there were supposed to) and the raised pie crust incision was flat where I could feel he "pop". It was very satisfying to feel/hear/see that. I am now all flattened out except for a few inches the very front, on top of my mons.

Weepiness at the crack continues. It is my biggest frustration. It seems to have stalled, and has not closed any amount that I can tell. I am considering pursuing some wound care locally to encourage healing. But anxious if my insurance will cover. I think a bill for a hyperbaric chamber would be sizable! Some good news, it's at least no longer smelly. I think the silver gauze has taken care of that at least.

Breasts are progressing, slowly. My left has dropped significantly. It just needs to fall into the bottom fleshy part of my breast (called fluffing), and it will be complete. My right breast is stubbornly stuck high. I've been wearing a band a massaging periodically to encourage it to relax. It presents some unique wardrobe issues. Next week my professional dressing life starts again, which will be interesting.

Swelling persists, ugh! Mine is pretty consistent, it never goes away, it just lessens occasionally. It's uncomfortable, and makes me feel like I am stretched and sore. I'm waiting on some super compression gear to arrive. My old faux Spanx aren't up to the task. My swollen belly is hard vs, my extra skin belly was squishy. Further complicates dressing professionally.

My incisions are still a bit scabby and crusty in spots. I'm holding off on scar tape for now. I have started using bio oil. I know it has a lot of proponent here and elsewhere. But I'm skeptical personally. It means something to me that silicone is the only proven scar treatment. Also, bio oil has a terrible old lady rose scent, gag.

I started on my facial treatments I bought during the pre Xmas Goupon sale. First I did the laser resurfacing, as it should be a pretty major deal that take a week to recover from. Well, it was like absolutely nothing happened. So I'm working on getting a refund on that since they've given me the run around when I asked for a redo. I had Botox of my crows feet and filler in my nasolabial folds done yesterday. Botox was super fast and easy. It will take about a week to see the results. The filler was a little longer and more painful. I am surprised by how swollen and bruised I am. It is definitely not a lunch hour type procedure. But I think I'm going to really like those results once it settles in about a week. More vanity treatments planned for this week, hydrodermabrasian & eyelash extensions. I've gone down the rabbit hole I'm afraid!

2 hours ago, sillykitty said:

I've gone down the rabbit hole I'm afraid!

I think you’ve earned it. If you have the resources, I say go for it. I appreciate reading your progress and updates. I don’t remember if I suggested it before, I find bio oil highly ineffective for scars, especially wound healing.

Have you ever tried Tamanu oil?

Used medicinally, Tamanu Oil works to reduce acne, dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, scarring, ulcers, dryness, itchiness, scaly skin, body odor, fungal infections, rashes, sores, swelling, age spots, sunburn, stretch marks, cellulite, sciatica, rosacea, and foot odor”

I just ordered some from a site www.okaypurenaturals.com

shipping is free with $35 and you get a nice little bag. They have a very nice facial cream (night cream) their African black soaps are amazing too.

of course as far as scar creams go usually Mederma is the best. I haven’t tried Tamanu for a fresh scar yet. with my highly sensitive skin I just bought more to try on skin abrasions, cuts and rashes and such. Which makes me desperately want skin removal especially my thighs.

swelling is the harder thing to cope with. I hope it eases up soon and that your body settles nicely into its new shape.

3 hours ago, sillykitty said:

Six weeks post op checking in!

My LBL incision is progressing nicely. Starting 2 or so weeks ago, I started feeling/hearing some "pops" along my incision line. The internal sutures were giving way (like there were supposed to) and the raised pie crust incision was flat where I could feel he "pop". It was very satisfying to feel/hear/see that. I am now all flattened out except for a few inches the very front, on top of my mons.

Weepiness at the crack continues. It is my biggest frustration. It seems to have stalled, and has not closed any amount that I can tell. I am considering pursuing some wound care locally to encourage healing. But anxious if my insurance will cover. I think a bill for a hyperbaric chamber would be sizable! Some good news, it's at least no longer smelly. I think the silver gauze has taken care of that at least.

Breasts are progressing, slowly. My left has dropped significantly. It just needs to fall into the bottom fleshy part of my breast (called fluffing), and it will be complete. My right breast is stubbornly stuck high. I've been wearing a band a massaging periodically to encourage it to relax. It presents some unique wardrobe issues. Next week my professional dressing life starts again, which will be interesting.

Swelling persists, ugh! Mine is pretty consistent, it never goes away, it just lessens occasionally. It's uncomfortable, and makes me feel like I am stretched and sore. I'm waiting on some super compression gear to arrive. My old faux Spanx aren't up to the task. My swollen belly is hard vs, my extra skin belly was squishy. Further complicates dressing professionally.

My incisions are still a bit scabby and crusty in spots. I'm holding off on scar tape for now. I have started using bio oil. I know it has a lot of proponent here and elsewhere. But I'm skeptical personally. It means something to me that silicone is the only proven scar treatment. Also, bio oil has a terrible old lady rose scent, gag.

I started on my facial treatments I bought during the pre Xmas Goupon sale. First I did the laser resurfacing, as it should be a pretty major deal that take a week to recover from. Well, it was like absolutely nothing happened. So I'm working on getting a refund on that since they've given me the run around when I asked for a redo. I had Botox of my crows feet and filler in my nasolabial folds done yesterday. Botox was super fast and easy. It will take about a week to see the results. The filler was a little longer and more painful. I am surprised by how swollen and bruised I am. It is definitely not a lunch hour type procedure. But I think I'm going to really like those results once it settles in about a week. More vanity treatments planned for this week, hydrodermabrasian & eyelash extensions. I've gone down the rabbit hole I'm afraid!

Yay!!! Eyelashes 👀

@sillykitty, glad to hear that your healing is progressing...may not be as quickly as you wanted, but it is progress, right?? (I feel you about this though, I continue to be bummed with my preggo-belly too :( ).

Have you thought about facelifts vs. botox/fillers? I was doing a comparison, and latter may actually come up to be more expensive in the long run (and take up more time overall with the multiple maintenance visits)...

Also have you had your Big Important Meeting yet? What did you/are you planning to wear????

Two more updates I forgot ....

I'm a little concerned, I have scar tissue that has formed under part of my LBL incision. It is hard and lumpy, and mostly over my hips, outer side of my bum. I freaked out when I first felt it and called my surgeon, thinking it might be a seroma. Well, it wasn't, but I'm anxious if it is temporary or permanent. LBL vets, any insights?

My tummy muscles seem to be healed up again. I'm no longer sore. all. the. time. Sneezing is still the enemy, bu other than than I'm no longer in pain from the muscle tightening. I do try to be more conscience of what I lift though, I don't want to re-injure. It's tough though living alone, sometimes things need to be picked up!

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

Have you thought about facelifts vs. botox/fillers? I was doing a comparison, and latter may actually come up to be more expensive in the long run (and take up more time overall with the multiple maintenance visits)...

Also have you had your Big Important Meeting yet? What did you/are you planning to wear????

I have thought a lot about facelifts vs. non surgical options. There are some amazing facial surgeons local to me! Some form of a facelift is definitely on my wish list. But I think I'm a little young, it's too early for that (early 40's). So to me the Botox/fillers are a stopgap measure. Botox is inexpensive compared to fillers. But of course the part of my faces that ages me the most, IMO, is my smile lines, which need the filler of course. Oh, and I was just checking my face in the mirror, and I realize I should have gotten my "11's" Botoxed as well. When did those show up??

Super duper big important meeting is next week, eek 😱. I have spent far more time working on what I will be wearing than on my presentation 😂 I'm waiting on some super compression (hopefully) gear to see if I I can wear sheath style dresses, or if I'll need to camouflage the belly. I am trying to work around the boobs as well. V necks work best, but can't be too show-y, ugh, especially considering my company is more conservative than most.

45 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

I'm a little concerned, I have scar tissue that has formed under part of my LBL incision. It is hard and lumpy, and mostly over my hips, outer side of my bum. I freaked out when I first felt it and called my surgeon, thinking it might be a seroma. Well, it wasn't, but I'm anxious if it is temporary or permanent. LBL vets, any insights?

My tummy muscles seem to be healed up again. I'm no longer sore. all. the. time. Sneezing is still the enemy, bu other than than I'm no longer in pain from the muscle tightening. I do try to be more conscience of what I lift though, I don't want to re-injure. It's tough though living alone, sometimes things need to be picked up!

my lumpy areas eventually softened and flattened out. Supposedly massage helps break up the tissue - so firmly massage the area (not to the point it hurts, though) two or three times a day when you can (depends on how far out you are from surgery - if things are healed up pretty well, it should be OK to massage). At least that was what I was told...

1 hour ago, sillykitty said:

😭I HAVE THE SAME SCAR TISSUE 😭

I thought I was alone, I am massaging it vigorously in hopes it won't stay hard. But i scar horribly so there's only so much that can be done for me

30 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

I have thought a lot about facelifts vs. non surgical options. There are some amazing facial surgeons local to me! Some form of a facelift is definitely on my wish list. But I think I'm a little young, it's too early for that (early 40's). So to me the Botox/fillers are a stopgap measure. Botox is inexpensive compared to fillers. But of course the part of my faces that ages me the most, IMO, is my smile lines, which need the filler of course. Oh, and I was just checking my face in the mirror, and I realize I should have gotten my "11's" Botoxed as well. When did those show up??

Super duper big important meeting is next week, eek 😱. I have spent far more time working on what I will be wearing than on my presentation 😂 I'm waiting on some super compression (hopefully) gear to see if I I can wear sheath style dresses, or if I'll need to camouflage the belly. I am trying to work around the boobs as well. V necks work best, but can't be too show-y, ugh, especially considering my company is more conservative than most.

Which type of compression are you getting?

I have the M&D Colombiana style Faja and Childdddddddd it's tight. I'm JUST starting to wear it more often but good gravy I have shallow breaths while wearing it