Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Middle BMI BANDSTERS 40.0 to 48!!!!

My bmi is around 41. I was banded three days ago. I have not lost any weight since banding...is that normal? Don't want to get discouraged too soon but man. Am I expecting too much too soon??? Please let me hear from somebody. Congrats on all of your success.

47.6 here, banded two days ago, sipping shotglasses of Decaf coffee, Water, herbal tea and clear broth and loving it. food, the demanding lover, the dreaded tyrant, the overwhelming comforter, receeds into the background, ignored, irrelevant, relegated to being just part of the view. Good luck to all!

I hear ya Bandpal. I was banded two and a half weeks ago. I had a week of liquids and will be on purees and mushie stuff for 4 weeks. I discovered you can put damn near anything into a blender and be happy with the results. I had Thanksgiving dinner last night (mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, Jello, cranberry relish, etc. - all stuff that could be mushed up). I probably had 6 oz in all. I am pretty sure that my band would have LET me eat more. BUT, I didn't WANT to eat MORE. OMG!!!! I have such a fabulous sense of indifference about food now. I hope this lasts. I haven't been hungry since the banding. I just have a kind od tightness in my stomach area that I am choosing to view as a benevolent force for good. I LOVE MY BAND. ;))

... I have such a fabulous sense of indifference about food now. I hope this lasts. I haven't been hungry since the banding. I just have a kind of tightness in my stomach area that I am choosing to view as a benevolent force for good.]

Couldn't have said it any better myself. And I like how you choose to give your own interpretation to that

kind of tightness in [your] stomach area
... in the end we act on the interpretations we choose to give to our perceptions - a feeling of tightness in my stomach doesn't mean I have to eat the fridge. Thanks!

You all are such an inspiration to me!!!Great JOB!!!

I think I have the same reactions to carbs....so I think i will be doing what wassabublebutt did!

I can't wait to be banded!!

AWESOME from 40's BMI to 30's...!!!!!!

I know it might be different for everyone...but how many lbs did you normally loose before having to buy more clothing?

I started with a BMI of 42.7 and am now 28.7.....*only* overweight instead of MO !!!

I've just celebrated my 1 year anniversary and have lost exactly 100 lbs....another 20-30lbs to go until I hit goal !!! :clap2:

Patricia

11/16/06

306/206/undecided still

CONGRATULATIONS, PATRICIA, AND THANKS - THAT'S SOMETHING TO AIM FOR! AS WE SAY IN HEBREW, " HALLEVAI ALLAI!" OR, "IT SHOULD ONLY HAPPEN TO ME"!!! WHAT WERE THE MILEPOSTS ALONG THE WAY? WHAT SHOULD WE LOOK OUT FOR? TELL US MORE!

I started with a BMI of 42.7 and am now 28.7.....*only* overweight instead of MO !!!

I've just celebrated my 1 year anniversary and have lost exactly 100 lbs....another 20-30lbs to go until I hit goal !!! :clap2:

Patricia

11/16/06

306/206/undecided still

Congrats on just being simply fat! Amazing feeling, eh? Especially when you know that "normal" is around the corner!

Canadagirl33, Wassabubblebutt said it well....from MO to just fat!....and normal around the corner! nice!:(

Bandpal, sounds like you are doing awesome! now that the stomach is under control just the mind needs to be taught control.

All in the mind?....or not?..... that is the question!

Thanks, 4jin - I think control is never something I'm going to be able to count on, always something I'm going to have to assert. I'm hoping the band will reinforce that control, give me another reason to think twice and make better choices than I have in the past. Good luck with your upcoming appointments and meetings - keep us in the loop!

Bandpal

I read from another thread posted by wassabubblebutt this is the kind that we can do to make better choices.

I hear you hoping that once I have the band I will assert myself that it will be me reminder to make better choices..

or the other option I guess is PB which am not banded yet...but definitely scared of already!

That's my hope for us all!

We went to the doctor before thankgivings and I gained a couple of pounds but the doctors office did not record the last weigh in when I had the first fill since it was not done at the office. We both had a fill today. I got 1 cc so now Iam up to 2 cc. I hope that this will last a lot longer than the first one. She got 1 cc also. She is up to 3 cc. So will see what happens now. on liquids today, soft foods on Tuesday and regular on Wed. We go back on Jan 7th, 08 and might get a fill the following week. He wants to see us now every 6-8 weeks and then will look at getting a fill. Glad to see that everyone had a good Turkery Day. Now were ready for Christams.

Chris