Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On 5/4/2022 at 7:30 PM, kristieshannon said:

Another sunny day in Portland, another bikini pic. Besides my VSG, my boobs are my favorite investment I’ve made 😂

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

Soooooo cute! 🥰

18 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Finally, some new clothes to show!
Picked up a few dresses for upcoming island vacay. These are for daytime/the beach. The polka dot one is a little big, but i think i like it this way. Too many of my clothes are tight/slim fit and i need to expand my horizons.

17 hours ago, ms.sss said:

…and these are for nighttime/dinners

The shorter dress is actually red (dunno why it looks so orange-y in the pic). I realized today when i was deciding on buying it that I have never owned/wore a fully red dress before! Go figure.

These are all very very cute😍

On 5/6/2022 at 10:28 PM, Arabesque said:

Okay a clothing pxt. Bought the outfit about 2 months ago & first wearing. The shirt which is a cotton organza has these drawstrings you pull up to create the flouncy frill effect. Will have to put the hem up on the pants too. We had a coldish snap overnight (winter is coming) hence the leather jacket (the one I bought last year after much searching) but I only bought my summer brogues to my mum’s which look a bit off but …

So funny to be wearing coats & there’s @kristieshannon rocking a bikini & @GreenTealael brightening our day in colourful sunshiny dresses.

Got out of the habit of doing special things except for casual catch-ups. We keep saying we have to plan a dinner out, etc. but never get round to it. Don’t think Mother’s Day/7yr old niece birthday morning tea tomorrow counts.

C1445E76-D278-402E-86B8-FA4AB546ED88.thumb.jpeg.fd40efb737d56d866d046f2421fa5cc6.jpeg

I ❤️ all black outfits. They look so sleek and effortless

It has been unseasonably cold so, sweater knit dress. This is a size small. I do not wear a size small BUT it’s a heavy rib knit with great cross grain stretch so any other size may have been too big. Side note: I think I’ve finally come to the conclusion that I have a short torso.
(Also maybe I need to clean my mirror 🧐😂)

4CF589B7-1769-4A23-915A-8EF0267233E9.jpeg

Edited by GreenTealael

I love to see this thread, it makes me dream, this weekend, for the first time I dared buying smaller clothes, I am waiting for the delivery and want to try them right away.

I had saved some clothes I liked 1 or 2 smaller sizes than my pre-op size, but even those are staring to feel too big.

I am leaving the "X" world for the first time in 17 years, and I feel un-safe. What if I regain the weight like it happened many times before?! I am starting to feel hungry again, I notice I can eat more than the 2 oz per meal/snack. It is scary!

On 05/08/2022 at 13:28, ms.sss said:

…and these are for nighttime/dinners

The shorter dress is actually red (dunno why it looks so orange-y in the pic). I realized today when i was deciding on buying it that I have never owned/wore a fully red dress before! Go figure.

https://www.bariatricpal.com/gallery/image/97688-08-may-2022b/

These are all gorgeous, but I especially love the blush colored one. You are going to be the hot mama of the resort!

Had funny flashback this morning. Was wearing some slim leg, stretch pants with a wide elastic waist band. I vaguely remember they were called corset waist pants or something similar. OH MY GOD. Twenty minutes into wearing them & I thought I was going to explode. Remember that awful feeling of wearing pants that were too tight, cutting you in half, feeling like you were going to be sick?? I had that feeling this morning wearing these pants. Was out so couldn’t pull (peel) them off. Oh I so wanted too. Odd though, about another 20 minutes passed & they were fine. Maybe I stretched them while wearing them.

Great knit sweater dress @GreenTealael. They are such a versatile piece. Perfect for yiur capsule wardrobe. And I love a ribbed anything: dress, top, sweater, barbecue. 😆😆

1A5A0D1E-AC03-46D2-A34B-558BBB415066.thumb.jpeg.5e120105398a756d55954bd8fd881848.jpeg

9 hours ago, Arabesque said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bbd8bc3022d1b1aHad funny flashback this morning. Was wearing some slim leg, stretch pants with a wide elastic waist band. I vaguely remember they were called corset waist pants or something similar. OH MY GOD. Twenty minutes into wearing them & I thought I was going to explode. Remember that awful feeling of wearing pants that were too tight, cutting you in half, feeling like you were going to be sick?? I had that feeling this morning wearing these pants. Was out so couldn’t pull (peel) them off. Oh I so wanted too. Odd though, about another 20 minutes passed & they were fine. Maybe I stretched them while wearing them.

Great knit sweater dress @GreenTealael. They are such a versatile piece. Perfect for yiur capsule wardrobe. And I love a ribbed anything: dress, top, sweater, barbecue. 😆😆

1A5A0D1E-AC03-46D2-A34B-558BBB415066.thumb.jpeg.5e120105398a756d55954bd8fd881848.jpeg

I have a love/hate relationship with these types of tight (elastic or no) waisted bottoms.

While i love how it makes the waist look tiny, im not a fan of the muffin top it creates!

I thought i would be saying goodbye forever to “torso-ooze” when i lost weight, but realized that unless i kept up with ultra-low carbing and constant core exercises, it just wasn’t gonna happen. *sigh*.

…so i try to avoid tight waisted stuff and i can eat carbs and skip ab day. Win-win! 😂

On 05/09/2022 at 07:37, GreenTealael said:

It has been unseasonably cold so, sweater knit dress. This is a size small. I do not wear a size small BUT it’s a heavy rib knit with great cross grain stretch so any other size may have been too big. Side note: I think I’ve finally come to the conclusion that I have a short torso.

(Also maybe I need to clean my mirror 🧐😂)

4CF589B7-1769-4A23-915A-8EF0267233E9.jpeg

Love this! Shows off your killer curves ❤️

On 5/10/2022 at 11:28 AM, kristieshannon said:

Love this! Shows off your killer curves ❤️

Thanks! I should try to get less form fitting clothes at some point 😆

On 05/11/2022 at 08:35, GreenTealael said:

Thanks! I should try to get less form fitting clothes at some point 😆

No way! That’s one of the best parts of what we’ve all been through-being able to show off our bodies and not needing to cover up in loose clothing anymore. You look amazing, keep up what you’re doing :)

Guess the shopping addiction is back. Oh well.

Today I have for you 2 new tanks (yoga bottoms are old…had to wear something)

Im contorting myself wearing the black top cuz it’s actually a cute little crochet’d top, and i’m trying to find the light so you can see the holey-ness of it. Not sure it succeeded. Size small is the smallest it comes in, and while I thought it was fine in the store, im not sure anymore.

The green top i LOVED when i saw it on the rack, and continued to love trying it on, but now when i pair it with my in-closet bottoms, it only looks good when i wear tight pants….otherwise i feel like i look kinda rectangle-y in it? Or makes my chest look unflattering wide?

…I also have for you 2 new bottoms!

I’ve been in the market for a pair of white jeans for Forever (like since 2019!)

I thought these were winners until i put them on at home and can see the pockets lining through them! I hate that. They are going back. *Sigh*

The beige ones are keepers as i LOVE how they make my legs look super long (doesn’t hurt that I’m wearing 3-inch clogs under there!)

And finally the last pic is a true OOTD: what i actually wore during today’s shopping spree. This is what I normally look like most days (if i’m not going “out”): Jeans, some black top or other and comfy footwear 😇

Here’s my “back to black” dress but on a date night. The bar’s bathroom lounge was neon purple (is this common?) so I added a muted version of the pic and the original. I feel like I generally look better in wall sized mirrors. Anyone else?

4BABE7E4-7763-460F-BCCB-B86E0A8CDD18.jpeg

0F4A7359-C828-458E-A0B1-CF4AF6B40A85.jpeg

10 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Here’s my “back to black” dress but on a date night. The bar’s bathroom lounge was neon purple (is this common?) so I added a muted version of the pic and the original. I feel like I generally look better in wall sized mirrors. Anyone else?

4BABE7E4-7763-460F-BCCB-B86E0A8CDD18.jpeg

0F4A7359-C828-458E-A0B1-CF4AF6B40A85.jpeg

Oh la la! Looking fabulous Tea - love this dress on your delicious shape. Shoes with dress - perfecto!