Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Guys I had an English muffin with cream cheese. And god DAMN it was good but now I feel like I’ve messed everything up!!!!!!

I don’t know what I was thinking. I had my surgery 2 weeks ago Monday, at Mercy medical & lost about 16lbs and then for this last week it just stalled. Nothing nada zilch. I’m so scared I went through this for nothing. And how the hell did I keep that English muffin down!! This isn’t a good day. Some one please tell me this will all be worth it in the end. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Because I just can’t fail, yet again.

Take a deep breath . Am shocked u could eat that so soon after surgery ! But put it in ur journal and recommit to urself that u will follow the steps . It is the only way

It’s done now so you have to get over it and move on. It would however be a good idea to think about why you ate what you did at this early stage. You need to find strategies and alternatives to help you stay on track.

I don’t know what I was thinking. I had my surgery 2 weeks ago Monday, at Mercy medical & lost about 16lbs and then for this last week it just stalled. Nothing nada zilch. I’m so scared I went through this for nothing. And how the hell did I keep that English muffin down!! This isn’t a good day. Some one please tell me this will all be worth it in the end. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Because I just can’t fail, yet again.

I feel the same way because I did my surgery May 29, 2019 and I literally just lost only 24lbs I was feeling so defeated because no matter I do I'm not losing the weight the way I would like and I'm so constipated all the time. I've tried a candy, popcorn, nuts,fruit, vegetables to see what my body rejects but so far nothing. Everything is going down with ease. I too feel like why did I do this because I'm not getting the same results others did. Then my friend who did the surgery said to me, "my journey is mine and I can't compare it to anyone else's journey." I will say the same to you. Find out what works for you and your new body and do it. There's no way you will revert. You physically can't, because your body is not the same.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

Search 3 week stall, it’s pretty common among WLS patients.
As for the English muffin, what’s done is done, but please-no more! You are still healing!

pretty much everyone stalls sometime during the first month after surgery. As the above poster said, do a search on the "three week stall". You'll find hundreds of posts on it (it's called the three week stall because it usually happens the third week, but not always. Mine was week 2 and 3).

also, PLEASE do not cheat this early out! Not only are you not setting yourself up for a successful journey, but you could severely hurt your new stomach! Those incisions still haven't fully healed!

and also remember - people lose weight at vastly different rates for all kinds of reasons. Your level of commitment to your program will have a MUCH greater effect on your ultimate success than your rate of weight loss will. I was a slow loser from the get-go. I lost 16 lbs the first month. And I've lost all of my excess weight - over 200 lbs! JUST STICK TO THE PROGRAM! The weight WILL come off if you're diligent!

11 hours ago, HopefulonLI said:

I had my surgery 2 weeks ago Monday, at Mercy medical & lost about 16lbs and then for this last week it just stalled.

Why are you discouraged from that?

7 hours ago, ruthalbert21 said:

I feel the same way because I did my surgery May 29, 2019 and I literally just lost only 24lbs I was feeling so defeated

Why are you discouraged from that?

I dont know what expectations you had going in but generally noticing people on the board are feeling the same way. Re anchor your expectations and try to think more than a day ahead. Sorry for the tough love its no what you want to hear but its what you need to hear.

I lost 17 in the first 2 weeks and 25 in the first month.

7 hours ago, ruthalbert21 said:

I would like and I'm so constipated all the time. I've tried a candy, popcorn, nuts,fruit, vegetables to see what my body rejects but so far nothing. Everything is going down with ease.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

I wouldn't recommend continuing to try things to see what your body rejects. Just assume, even if it isn't true, that your body will reject all of those things to keep them out of your mouth. Also you can take Colace 2-3 times per day and Milk of Magnesia for the Constipation. I always drop like 3lbs after my weekly Milk of Mag. LOL.

12 minutes ago, mousecat88 said:

I wouldn't recommend continuing to try things to see what your body rejects. Just assume, even if it isn't true, that your body will reject all of those things to keep them out of your mouth. Also you can take Colace 2-3 times per day and Milk of Magnesia for the Constipation. I always drop like 3lbs after my weekly Milk of Mag. LOL.

I :780_sparkling_heart: MOM and colace. :) They're mah jam!

Just now, FluffyChix said:

I :780_sparkling_heart: MOM and colace. :) They're mah jam!

MOM day is my favorite day of the week. LOL.

Now that you've got that out of your system, don't do it again. It's not worth it.

6 hours ago, catwoman7 said:

pretty much everyone stalls sometime during the first month after surgery. As the above poster said, do a search on the "three week stall". You'll find hundreds of posts on it (it's called the three week stall because it usually happens the third week, but not always. Mine was week 2 and 3).

also, PLEASE do not cheat this early out! Not only are you not setting yourself up for a successful journey, but you could severely hurt your new stomach! Those incisions still haven't fully healed!

and also remember - people lose weight at vastly different rates for all kinds of reasons. Your level of commitment to your program will have a MUCH greater effect on your ultimate success than your rate of weight loss will. I was a slow loser from the get-go. I lost 16 lbs the first month. And I've lost all of my excess weight - over 200 lbs! JUST STICK TO THE PROGRAM! The weight WILL come off if you're diligent!

Thank you for this - I needed to hear it. I don’t know why I did what I did, but I’m back to being focused. Im ready to start working out but I need to wait one more week. I think I thought this was going to be a breeze. I would lose weight quickly. But I know this is a tool and I’ve been through too much to waste this! 🙏🙏

58 minutes ago, HopefulonLI said:

Thank you for this - I needed to hear it. I don’t know why I did what I did, but I’m back to being focused. Im ready to start working out but I need to wait one more week. I think I thought this was going to be a breeze. I would lose weight quickly. But I know this is a tool and I’ve been through too much to waste this! 🙏🙏

I think part of the issue is that most people's exposure to WLS is "My 600 lb Life". I'm not knocking the show at all, but the people on there are NOT typical WLS patients. I've been talking to pre-op groups for the last three years, and I don't think I've ever seen anyone in there who was more than 400 or so pounds. Most look like they're probably 200-250. Most surgeons won't operate on someone who's the size of "My 600 lb Life" people - which is why they go to Dr. Now. Anyway, those people are starting out at super high BMI's, which is why they drop so much weight so fast. For us more "normal" patients, that amount of weight loss, although possible, is uncommon. I've been hanging out on bariatric boards for the last five years or so, and just based on what I've heard and read, I'd say most of us lose somewhere in the 15-25 lb range that first month. You'll find some who lose more or less, but I'd say a huge majority fit somewhere in that range. So you are totally fine!!

It’s funny because I’ve lost 17lbs in 2 weeks (!!) and I think it’s supposed to be more. You’re exactly right - I’m watching that show too much! Lol. I should be so proud of 17lbs but my brain is “rush rush rush”. I appreciate your words as it’s definitely helping me. And you’re right about weight - I was 238 when I started! :)

3 hours ago, HopefulonLI said:

It’s funny because I’ve lost 17lbs in 2 weeks (!!) and I think it’s supposed to be more. You’re exactly right - I’m watching that show too much! Lol. I should be so proud of 17lbs but my brain is “rush rush rush”. I appreciate your words as it’s definitely helping me. And you’re right about weight - I was 238 when I started! :)

17 lbs in two weeks is fantastic!!