Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

*Tears* longest Plateau Ever..long vent

In my second month after surgery I did not lose 1 pound for 20 days. I'm not going to lie, I was panic stricken. I've lost 19 pounds more since then. It will happen!

Edited by gabybab

39 minutes ago, bajankat said:

janjan, At least you can get things down especially the Fluid. I eat a Greek yogurt cup and im full even before finishing it and that lasts hours. for instance, today i ate 1 air fried chicken wing and some broccoli at 12pm.. here it is 2:38 and im still full. can't even fit in Fluid, that's where I'm thinking im going wrong. Just try to watch how much you are eating/ drinking at a time cuz that will scare me as well

I wait at least 30 min after eating to drink. If it's been an hour I drink no matter what to keep the fluids going. Actually I shouldn't say "no matter what." It's just not difficult to drink. I'm wishing it was more difficult. Not for liquids I guess, but 2 weeks post op it just feels very "normal"

23 minutes ago, gabybab said:

In my second month of surgerh I did not lose 1 pound for 20 days. I'm not going to lie, I was panic stricken. I've lost 19 pounds more since then. It will happen!

this gives me hope!! thanks

Hang in there. I am a slow loser and here I am almost at my first goal weight. I felt like I was slowing down too much in March so I joined a gym, cut my calories from an average of 800 to 700. My surgery weight was 204 on 8/13/18. I will post my chart so you can visualize even slow losers move in the right direction.

BD957FE5-8630-4BFF-8814-CD65EDB3CC29.png

Here was my first year. MUCH more spikey than @Cheeseburgh's beautifully smooth graph!!! This was from SD at 222.4 to beyond my first goal of 150lbs that I set. My doc's goal for me was 160lbs. My RDs goal for me was 156lbs. I think I hit that around the 9-10 month? Slow and steady wins the race. This time next year, you won't believe your progress--if you work it!

image.jpeg.510bb120736f60b241fa0f7167837ab7.jpeg

And here's the graph from around 2/14 of this year to now, trying to hit my Goal #3 (which my doc and RD both say is never gonna happen--I think they've jinxed me cuz my body appears to be pretty happy floating between 136-141lbs. Today I'm at 138 and 27% body fat. I will not be defeated. I will figure it out and get to Goal #3 of 130lbs. As God is my witness!!! LOL. #obsessed

image.png.346fe292bd9a2ec7900173a088a8dbe9.png

Mine is only smooth because I refused to add fluctuations! It would be MUCH bumpier, I just let the blips slide for my sanity.

18 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Guys this was SUCH a hard thing to realize. There are only a few who lose 20lbs the first month, but it feels like literally everybody and their brother were losing that fast except me. Try your hardest not to compare. You're doing great. Stay the course! Try to seek peace and patience...easier said than done. :(

This is so true! Everyone loses differently.

You never know what the next week or month may bring to be honest, weight loss wise.

Some people love a ton of weight in the first month, some people lose more consistently. We all work hard but some of us just have to work harder at making our tool work for us.

I also feel like head work involves not comparing - it can be such a temptation while in a stall.

I hear your frustration sister @bajankatbajankat.

I am cheering you on 150%.

17 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Here was my first year. MUCH more spikey than @Cheeseburgh's beautifully smooth graph!!! This was from SD at 222.4 to beyond my first goal of 150lbs that I set. My doc's goal for me was 160lbs. My RDs goal for me was 156lbs. I think I hit that around the 9-10 month? Slow and steady wins the race. This time next year, you won't believe your progress--if you work it!

image.jpeg.510bb120736f60b241fa0f7167837ab7.jpeg

And here's the graph from around 2/14 of this year to now, trying to hit my Goal #3 (which my doc and RD both say is never gonna happen--I think they've jinxed me cuz my body appears to be pretty happy floating between 136-141lbs. Today I'm at 138 and 27% body fat. I will not be defeated. I will figure it out and get to Goal #3 of 130lbs. As God is my witness!!! LOL. #obsessed

image.png.346fe292bd9a2ec7900173a088a8dbe9.png

What are you using to make the graph? Is it something on this site or an app?

1 hour ago, JanJan19 said:

I log my weight in daily at MFP. It automatically generates a graph based on weight. And you select the time frame. Then I just do a screen capture and save it. It only goes out to 1 year. So I will save each year.

8 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

I log my weight in daily at MFP. It automatically generates a graph based on weight. And you select the time frame. Then I just do a screen capture and save it. It only goes out to 1 year. So I will save each year.

MFP is MY Fitness Pal? Is it from Underarmour? A blue screen? I'm going to get it.

Just type in My Fitness Pal and fill out an account profile. Then start tracking. It's in the free program.

1 hour ago, JanJan19 said:

I use MFP too. If you use a Fitbit you can sync it with them also.