Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Maintenance Thread

Thank you everyone! I didn't mean to blow up this thread! :(

LOL @Cheeseburgh NEVER underestimate the value of knowing how much each limb weighs!!! You never know when you might need that information! :D

On 09/18/2019 at 11:08, FluffyChix said:

Thank you everyone! I didn't mean to blow up this thread! :(

LOL @Cheeseburgh NEVER underestimate the value of knowing how much each limb weighs!!! You never know when you might need that information! :D

Nonsense!
Today is “your day”. Enjoy as much as you can and know we all care about you. 💕

Lol, so now I’m curious to know what each of my limbs weigh. I swear if I have regain, I’ll have to choose which one of them has to go!
🤣🤣🤣

Nonsense!
Today is “your day”. Enjoy as much as you can and know we all care about you. [emoji177]

Lol, so now I’m curious to know what each of my limbs weigh. I swear if I have regain, I’ll have to choose which one of them has to go!
🤣🤣🤣
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

9 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Thank you hon! I was having a momentary pity party for 1, cuz my BD plans are canceled due to illness, Tropical Depression Ilena, and my coming non-bari surgery on Friday. So I have to stay "in the house", eat cleanly, AND be sober. Ugh, a seriously bd debbie downer way to celebrate endure your birthday! *snort* hehe But no worries, I'm all better now!

Amazing what a sf pumpkin spice mochachocalatte will do! :D

Hope that mans you have made bigger and better bday plans post surgery & Ilena! 😁

Is your sf pumpkin spice mochachocalatte made with PP pumpkin spice??

Ok.

Soooooo Mr. surprised me with news that we are going on a trip and we are leaving next week. Our destination is basically the Motherland Of Carbs. While I'm super excited and grateful to go, I find myself overthinking a couple things, and am interested in how you guys would deal/have dealt:

1) I haven't had pasta/rice/"actual bread" since before surgery and am feeling wary of introducing them back into my diet. Since NOT having carbs in the Motherland is NOT an option, I told myself that the carbs that happen on this trip, stays on this trip, but I've got this annoying voice in my head that says DON'T DO IT! NOT WORTH IT! I'm giving myself anxiety 🙄.

Question #1: How much carbs do you eat in Maintenance? What kind of carbs? Did you even track carbs???

2) I anticipate weight gain as I plan on eating and drinking lots. It's not like the last vacay where the food wasn't very good anyway (I always find Caribbean all-inclusive fare this way, but that's just me). The Motherland of Carbs is also a Motherland of Good Awesome Food.

Question #2: Do you plan for indulgences? I am thinking of going back on my weight-loss diet for the next 5 days to offset the inevitable gains during our trip. Thoughts?

P.S. I don't really know why I feel so agitated over this! I mean, I've been on several getaways since surgery and managed just fine...

Motherland of Carbs ... I know that place ... I love that place 😍

I took a trip to the Motherland when I was 8 months post op. I had every intention of fully enjoying the food, and not trying to follow a bariatric diet in any way shape or form. I had Pasta, pizza, gelato, pastries, wine, beer every day, sometimes all in one day. I enjoyed every minute of it, no regrets. I was still in WL phase and I lost over a lb that week, and didn't bounce back up. (26 BMI at the time)

Couple of things:

Since your sleeve seems to be sensitive at times, I would definitely do a test run of foods you anticipate eating while on the trip.

You will do lots and lots of walking, so that will offset some of the calorie intake

You seem to have a pretty high and flexible BMR, and don't appear to be carb sensitive, from what I've seen you post

I can't speak to your fear of carbs, because I don't share it, but the trip doesn't need to be a carbfest, if you don't want it to be. Carbs and Proteins and nicely separated out into different courses. You can simply order a secondi & not a primi. I mean, that's insane, but an option 😂. Also lots of options for charcuterie meals, where the main carbs would be wine.

To answer you questions:

Question #1: How much carbs do you eat in Maintenance? What kind of carbs? Did you even track carbs???

I'm most likely a special case, but I eat lots of carbs, like lots and lots. I eat mostly refined carbs. I track carbs because I track everything.

Question #2: Do you plan for indulgences? I am thinking of going back on my weight-loss diet for the next 5 days to offset the inevitable gains during our trip. Thoughts?

IMO, this sounds like anxiety talking. I don't think a gain is inevitable. No matter how far off the rails you have gone, diet wise, you have continued to lose/maintain. And if you do have gains, you know what, bfd! You know how to get the couple of lbs off again. But on the other hand, I don't see any harm is eating clean, low cal, for the next 5 days. We all have high and low days. So that would just be a few low days followed by a few high days, nbd.

Have fun! I'm envious! 🍝 🍷

12 hours ago, sillykitty said:

Hope that mans you have made bigger and better bday plans post surgery & Ilena! 😁

Is your sf pumpkin spice mochachocalatte made with PP pumpkin spice??

Sadly I haven't found the PS PP yet. :( So I'm using SF DaVinci pumpkin Pie Syrup (World Market has them at this time of year) mixed with hot decaff and either chocolate or vanilla PP. I had choco yesterday and today I'm having vanilla. They both rock, and I add a sprinkle of cinnamon for jazz hands. :)

image.thumb.jpeg.6ef3fe10ca292273d69df17a755cac67.jpeg

Awww! TY hon! I hope you get some rest!!! BTW, congrats on your super star maintenance and being back at your low end/goal/ideal weight of 130lbs. You encourage me with your actions and sage wisdom everyday!!!

9 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Soooooo Mr. surprised me with news that we are going on a trip and we are leaving next week. 

How wonderful for you, your husband sounds like a great guy. Have a fantastic trip!

Gustare!

2 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Sadly I haven't found the PS PP yet.

You can get it on Amazon, I don’t know what it costs in stores but it was priced 11 to 14.

1 hour ago, Cheeseburgh said:

You can get it on Amazon, I don’t know what it costs in stores but it was priced 11 to 14.

And Walmart.com too!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Premier-Protein-Protein-Shake-Pumpkin-Spice-30g-Protein-11-5-fl-oz-12-Ct/343068824

Ok.
Soooooo Mr. surprised me with news that we are going on a trip and we are leaving next week. Our destination is basically the Motherland Of Carbs. While I'm super excited and grateful to go, I find myself overthinking a couple things, and am interested in how you guys would deal/have dealt:
1) I haven't had pasta/rice/"actual bread" since before surgery and am feeling wary of introducing them back into my diet. Since NOT having carbs in the Motherland is NOT an option, I told myself that the carbs that happen on this trip, stays on this trip, but I've got this annoying voice in my head that says DON'T DO IT! NOT WORTH IT! I'm giving myself anxiety [emoji849].
2) I anticipate weight gain as I plan on eating and drinking lots. It's not like the last vacay where the food wasn't very good anyway (I always find Caribbean all-inclusive fare this way, but that's just me). The Motherland of Carbs is also a Motherland of Good Awesome Food.

P.S. I don't really know why I feel so agitated over this! I mean, I've been on several getaways since surgery and managed just fine...

Arrivederci!!!!!! That sounds awesome!! You have done maintenance very well, I've been enthralled by your posts. From what I've seen, I doubt you would have any problems!!
Have fun and let loose [emoji112][emoji112][emoji112][emoji108][emoji108][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

11 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Ok.

1) I haven't had pasta/rice/"actual bread" since before surgery and am feeling wary of introducing them back into my diet. Since NOT having carbs in the Motherland is NOT an option, I told myself that the carbs that happen on this trip, stays on this trip, but I've got this annoying voice in my head that says DON'T DO IT! NOT WORTH IT! I'm giving myself anxiety 🙄.

2) I anticipate weight gain as I plan on eating and drinking lots. It's not like the last vacay where the food wasn't very good anyway (I always find Caribbean all-inclusive fare this way, but that's just me). The Motherland of Carbs is also a Motherland of Good Awesome food.

I'm beyond excited for you!!! Go and live it up. Take lots o' pics--cuz you know, we need em. :D And worry about the maintenance when you return. Treat it as an experiment on how long it takes you to get back down and how large of a bounce you had eating ad libitum. :) Of all the carbolicious nonsense in the land of Pasta and pizza and wine, oh my!!!

You know it’s funny.
Now that I’ve soooo close to maintenance I’m almost becoming more afraid of carbs than ever before.
Hubs and I are trying to decide between 2 potential vacations (like real vacation, not 2-3 days of sneaking away from work for a long weekend) and between the 2 destinations in mind, I’m leaning toward the less indulgent of the 2.

Previously an all-inclusive in Cabo would’ve been my dream.
Now a museum/walking/history trip to DC is winning....