Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone heard of Dr. Kahlilli at Cedars Sinai in LA?

Okay... I hope so.

Since I just made an appt. they didn't ask me who I wanted the appt with, I might get Dr. Khalili. We will see. Thanks for the info.

I;m going to a conference THIS Satruday at Cedars in regards to the surgery. Are you planning to attend to any? Or have you done that already?

I know i have to take a pre-op educational class that lasts about 2 hours,but i didnt hear about a conference:unsure:

Yes there is. The next one will be till August at Cedars. if you wish to attend, you could login to cedars website and look. :cool2:

Hi Everyone! I'm Just Home Last Night From My Banding. Dr. Khalili And Group Were Great. Nurses Amazing. And May I Add That There's Nothing Like Cedars. Single Rooms, And They're All Recently Redone. It Was Like A Small Hotel Room With A State Of The Art Bed And And Lcd Tv. I Could Have Stayed.

believe Everyone Who Says Walk, Walk, Walk. I Walked All The Time. Did Miles In The Hospital. Every Hours I Did 3-4 Times Around The Floor. Made A Huge Difference - My Bowels Came Back Quickly, The Gunk Came Up Easily From The Chest, Etc.

Only Problem Was That I Forget That I've Been Doing Nothing Lately So My Calves And Ankles Are Killing Me-lol.

Yes, I'm In Pain - The Stomach Muscles- Getting Up And Down Hurts- But It's Like Charley Horse Pain. Like Doing 500 Sit Ups The First Time You Exercise. Completely Normal For What Was Done And This Is Day Three So It Should Start Subsiding. The Worst Is Getting Out Of Bed, So I'm Not Getting Back In. Even In The Hospital I Stayed In The Chair, Not The Bed. My Throat Is Still Smarting From The Tubing, But It's Getting Better As Well.

I'm Finding It Tough To Get Down All The Drinking (4-6 Ounces And Hour) Because My Stomach Feels Very Very Full, But That Will Also Pass In A Day Or So.

Got To Go As I Must Move Around Some. Just Wanted To Check In, And Tell Everyone That Team Was Great And I'm Doing Well.

Gwenn

Hi Everyone! I'm Just Home Last Night From My Banding. Dr. Khalili And Group Were Great. Nurses Amazing. And May I Add That There's Nothing Like Cedars. Single Rooms, And They're All Recently Redone. It Was Like A Small Hotel Room With A State Of The Art Bed And And Lcd Tv. I Could Have Stayed.

believe Everyone Who Says Walk, Walk, Walk. I Walked All The Time. Did Miles In The Hospital. Every Hours I Did 3-4 Times Around The Floor. Made A Huge Difference - My Bowels Came Back Quickly, The Gunk Came Up Easily From The Chest, Etc.

Only Problem Was That I Forget That I've Been Doing Nothing Lately So My Calves And Ankles Are Killing Me-lol.

Yes, I'm In Pain - The Stomach Muscles- Getting Up And Down Hurts- But It's Like Charley Horse Pain. Like Doing 500 Sit Ups The First Time You Exercise. Completely Normal For What Was Done And This Is Day Three So It Should Start Subsiding. The Worst Is Getting Out Of Bed, So I'm Not Getting Back In. Even In The Hospital I Stayed In The Chair, Not The Bed. My Throat Is Still Smarting From The Tubing, But It's Getting Better As Well.

I'm Finding It Tough To Get Down All The Drinking (4-6 Ounces And Hour) Because My Stomach Feels Very Very Full, But That Will Also Pass In A Day Or So.

Got To Go As I Must Move Around Some. Just Wanted To Check In, And Tell Everyone That Team Was Great And I'm Doing Well.

Gwenn

:thumbup: I been wondering how it went! Im soooo glad you are doing well!!!!!! congrats!:)

It is hard to get all the Protein in. The good drinks are not more than 15 grams or so and it's hard to imagine drinking 5 of these a day, but I guess I'll feel more up to it as time goes on. Right now I'm taking half a cup and then adding a scoop of Protein powder to boost it up a bit. I think it will take a few days to reach the 77 grams they want me to have. As long as I keep adding each day I'm sure they'll be okay. No choice really.....can't take in too much yet.

Thanks for your good wishes! Your turn soon.

Gwenn

Hi everyone.

It it Saturday May 3rd and I just got beack from Cedars (seminar). So then... I walked in and the first person I see is Dr. K. YAY!! I need to say that there was a lot of people. I knew I was not alone at this point.

Dr. K talked about the process, issues, risks and all the other good stuff. Answered a lot of questions. I had a lot of questions that I was hoping to get answers to and I did. But now I feel that I really want the gastric bypass. I'm eager to shed the weight fast.:rolleyes:

Also a lady from his office was very nice, I went up to her after the seminar and I asked her if there is any way I can move up my appt with Dr. K and she will be calling me on Monday to give me a MAY appt. YAY!!! I'm so excited!!!

:thumbup: I thought I'd share my experience with you. :)

I don't live in the L.A. area so I'm flying in late Sept for appts. with Dr. Feitz and Dr. Davtyan, both of whom came highly recommended. I'm not doing the band locally because I have rheumatoid arthritis and wasn't happy with the expertise of the local docs doing lap bands on people like me who take immunosuppressants. So my question is...I wouldn't be back in LA until the actual surgery. Can I do all my tests/psych eval/dietician locally (Salt Lake City) and then have them send the results to whichever physician I decide to go with?