Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello to all you banders.

I am happy to have found this site. I have read a little and already found lots of information. I was banded on Sept. 25th. Cancelled first appt. because I was afraid I wouldnt wake up after surgery. I have diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Now, I am glad I did. I am down 22 lbs. Had first fill and cannot tell it. She put in 4.9 cc's but I am not restricted enough. Trying to maintain before next fill next week. My doctor does not use fluro. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can help the doc give me the right fill? Does fluro work everytime? Thanks,

Suesuewhoo.gif<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message -->

Sue,

4.9cc? Are you sure on that? i am asumming you have a 10cc band but my do said he either puts in 1 cc or 0.5cc. Anything below 0.5cc is to hard to measure. MY doc does not use flouro as he knows exactly where he put my port and he feels it with the needle (no pain btw)

I really doubt you got 4.9 but it is important you know how much is in there and what size u have incase there is ever an emergency.

To help him he is going to want to know if you can swallow dry meats like chicken so dont drink Soup and liquids all the time.

ITs is absouletly normal to not get your good restriction untill 4th or 5th fill on average. You dont want over fill as it causes errosion.

My surgeon/doc has done 150 bands now only proble he ever had out of all that is just one lady had hers slip a little but not a major slip.

I am pretty sure she said 4.9. The only thing I know for sure is that my doctor started using a new band in July. I was banded in Sept. I saw the old and new band and mine is much bigger than the former one. I can ceretainly eat more than I should. Have not lost any weight in two weeks and have gained 2 lbs. back. I got the 20th which is coming up and I will ask more questions this time. They always seem so impatient. The doctor has over 800 patients. They have told me that several times.

My doctor does ALL fills under floro period. I have had 2 fills so far and he hits my port on the first try both times, thank heavens. I am not saying floro works everytime but I would say it is more accurate that doing them 'blind' (IMHO)

Finding my port was not a problem. My port is fairly large I think. Not sure how large it is supposed to be but my incision is about an inch and a half. I go Tuesday for another fill. I hope I get more restriction this time but not too much either.

whodaddy

How doesn over filling cause erosion?

Hey i am no doctor! the top 3 band problems:

1 band slip

2 Band Erosion

3 port flippin.

The first two when the band is too tight it rubs very hard on the stomach wall and can caue eroision or slipage. My doc said overfilling will cause this.

Listen though...im no doc so ask yours next time you in for some lead in the tank.

4.9 cc's does not sound high based on what my fill nurse said. I got the new AP band as well and on my first fill I got 3.6, but I asked for them to be conservative since I live 6 hours away from my doc and didn't want to have to turn around and go back because I was overfilled. My doc does them under fluoro and I know people who have him that have already had 4 fills since the end of August, so I don't think it works everytime. I am just glad that he does it because I am a scientist and I think it is cool to watch. Also it helps diagnose any problems that may have arisen. I had to go in a few days ago for a total unfill because I didn't chew properly and got something lodged. They were able to tell that the band was still in the perfect position and that everything looked alright with the contrast going through.

yeah, from what I understand, one of the new AP bands holds up to 14cc's so, 4.9 is comperable to 1.0 cc in a 4cc band or 2.5cc in a 10cc band...so it's no surprise you don't feel a lot of restriction. Hang in there...it gets better :)

Hello to all you banders.

I am happy to have found this site. I have read a little and already found lots of information. I was banded on Sept. 25th. Cancelled first appt. because I was afraid I wouldnt wake up after surgery. I have diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Now, I am glad I did. I am down 22 lbs. Had first fill and cannot tell it. She put in 4.9 cc's but I am not restricted enough. Trying to maintain before next fill next week. My doctor does not use fluro. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can help the doc give me the right fill? Does fluro work everytime? Thanks,

Suesuewhoo.gif<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message -->

I have the new AP small band that holds 10 cc's. Had my first fill last month and doc put 4 cc's in. He said that was about average for this band on first fill.

Like you, I am still not restricted enough. It's a 3hr drive to airport and plane trip to San Diego then to TJ Mexico for my fills.