Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Minimal weight loss in the first 6 weeks

I've been reading and following a lot of the posts. Trying to get as much information as I can. I had the endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty done 12/13/18. I've been following the recommended diet. I'm about 6 weeks out and have only lost 10 pounds...total. I exercise by walking for 30 mins five times a week & go to the gym for an hour, 3 times a week. I saw the dietitian just over a week ago. She thought maybe I wasn't getting enough calories. I've been getting most of my Water in & all my Protein. She wants me to eat around 800 calories a day. 9 days later & I've only lost 1 pound. I'm getting discouraged. Anyone else have this happen? Or have some helpful information?

TIA

I'm experiencing the same thing and my dietitian told me to just be patient and stalls are natural, but I didn't expect a stall this early into the game. I'm wrapping up 5 weeks post-op on Monday and haven't lost anything during Weeks 4 and 5 although I have lost 16 pounds and 15 inches in the first three weeks. I'm just trusting the process. I'm eating about 800 calories/day too and wondered if I needed to ramp it up a little and my dietitian said 900 calories max at this point.

Thank you for responding. I feel like I am the only one not getting results. Im ok going slow & steady. I have been trying to trust the process also but some days are discouraging. Thanks again!

Had mine on 12/14. I’ve lost 18. Dr just told me to up my calories to 1000. I was keeping it right about 800. I walk 2 miles daily. I’ve got to add in some weight training. It is frustrating but at least I’m not starving all the time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ten days post op for me and initially lost 10lbs but as of day 10 am up a lb. completely discouraged. Getting in my Protein, Water. I just don’t get it. I wasn’t required to lose any weight prior to surgery. How can I not be losing?

Thank you all for your posts. I thought maybe I was the only one or doing something wrong. Hang in there. Hopefully we'll start to see progress again soon!

I was in the same boat for a while- I read everything I could get my hands on and almost everything said the same thing....to be patient. And to be honest, I wasn't happy about that :) bc.....come on!!!!!! I was eating around 450-800 calories a day and I thought for sure with the severe deficit I'd see some great losses. Nope. I stalled at losing only 30lbs in the first weeks (preop/postop) for nearly a month. I started to increase my calories- I began to eat more times during the day, which quite frankly scared me to death. After I did that- I've had steady weight loss (67 lbs total since 11/29). The last thing you want to hear is to be patient, but stick it out!

Had mine on 12/14. I’ve lost 18. Dr just told me to up my calories to 1000. I was keeping it right about 800. I walk 2 miles daily. I’ve got to add in some weight training. It is frustrating but at least I’m not starving all the time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve upped my calories to 1000 for about a week now and I’ve lost 9 pounds. That’s the most I’ve lost in a week since 1st week post op.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk