Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

2 minutes ago, Gottajustdoit said:

Was your sick feeling headaches? Lightheadedness? I was feeling rotten on pre-op too (with diabetes). Please find some comfort in that you will not feel hungry for a few days after surgery and managing Clear Liquids is much easier.

No. It's my stomach. Ive felt nauseated all week. I've had troubles and I'm worried it will get worse after surgery. I brought it up to my Dr's nurse about weather the sleeve was right for me and she said, he wouldn't do it if he didn't feel comfortable.

Just now, Gottajustdoit said:

Thanks, Gabybab. Good news! I'm off Metformin too! I hope you can get off your oral meds too. 🙂

My endocrinologist is telling me I'm ok to take no meds. I'm going to see her in 2 months. She told me I could take 1/2 a glimeperide if my sugar is high. I will be monitoring it closely. I'm going to buy some glucose tablets on my way to the hospital to have at home. I'm terrified of low, but also of high, as I have neuropathy.

The liquid diet in the hospital was absolutely gross. I was on a floor with several Bariatric patients and specially trained nurses. They took very good care of me. The dietary department had issues. I’d rather not eat at all sometimes

2 minutes ago, gabybab said:

No. It's my stomach. Ive felt nauseated all week. I've had troubles and I'm worried it will get worse after surgery. I brought it up to my Dr's nurse about weather the sleeve was right for me and she said, he wouldn't do it if he didn't feel comfortable.

I also felt nauseated. In fact, on day 2 of my pre-op clear fluids diet, the nurse told me to go into the ER because I was vomiting. They gave me fluids as I was dehydrated. My white blood cell count was elevated so my diagnosis was an intestinal bug. Hmmmmm.....I still find that suspicious because if it was, it was only a 6-hour stomach bug that my kids and husband never caught. I think I was having a panic attack over the upcoming surgery and how bad I was feeling. Still not sure why my white cell count was up, but it was down by day of surgery. If you can't get in enough liquids, the nausea might be dehydration? Just a thought....

2 minutes ago, Gottajustdoit said:

I also felt nauseated. In fact, on day 2 of my pre-op clear fluids diet, the nurse told me to go into the ER because I was vomiting. They gave me fluids as I was dehydrated. My white blood cell count was elevated so my diagnosis was an intestinal bug. Hmmmmm.....I still find that suspicious because if it was, it was only a 6-hour stomach bug that my kids and husband never caught. I think I was having a panic attack over the upcoming surgery and how bad I was feeling. Still not sure why my white cell count was up, but it was down by day of surgery. If you can't get in enough liquids, the nausea might be dehydration? Just a thought....

I'm going to push fluids because I'm just falling sicker. I've been on protonix and shouldnt be this bad. Definitely a possibility. What type of surgery did you have?

5 minutes ago, gabybab said:

I'm going to push fluids because I'm just falling sicker. I've been on protonix and shouldnt be this bad. Definitely a possibility. What type of surgery did you have?

I'm also on Protonix. I have gastric bypass. Because I have a history of gastroperesis and GERD, my surgeon would not do the sleeve.

I was scheduled for bypass but my small intestine was too short to do it so I ended up with the sleeve and couldn’t be happier. It seems now that I’m 4 months out my stomach is more sensitive. I feel hot and cold food like never before and am nauseated a lot. I guess that’s my signal. I get nauseated on car rides. Crazy huh?

21 minutes ago, Gottajustdoit said:

I'm also on Protonix. I have gastric bypass. Because I have a history of gastroperesis and GERD, my surgeon would not do the sleeve.

Oh I'm sorry. I've read that can be a complication of diabetes, especially with type 1.

On 2/24/2019 at 2:30 PM, Recidivist said:

EmzBee, that's a pretty dramatic difference in just a week. You look great, although it probably helps that you are smiling in second photo.

There are ways to make your boobs larger if necessary down the road. However, I suspect your body will shrink to meet them. 🙂

Not a week -- First photo was around 6th Dec, my first pre-op meeting with my surgeon, so there's about a 20kg/40pound difference between the photos.

Not too worried about size but more gravity!!! I may well get an augmentation if & when we can afford it.

On 2/24/2019 at 2:37 PM, Recidivist said:

Emz, My understanding is that the staples are inside to seal off the new pouch, not external.

Does anyone have an incision near the belly button? I have a rather nasty scar there from my cancer surgery and I would love if they could use the same location and make the scar a bit prettier. (Haven't given up my dream of becoming a swimsuit model.)

I have 2 2cm ones, one directly above my bellybutton and one about 2 inches to the left of that one.

Yes! There's plenty of time to break out the togs, hehe! 🙂

17 hours ago, taylormomto6 said:

My official goals from the program is 64oz if fluids and 80g of Protein and under 30 carbs at this stage (under 2 weeks out). I was not given calorie goals. I track on my fitness pal and have came in between 350-550 calories per day since I got home from the hospital, 12 days ago.

Bugger, I'm only getting about 40-50g of Protein in per day... guess I should try and up my game.

17 hours ago, Greenstar said:

dont look at the scale every day, its really bad and can be discouraging. i learned this when i got my three week stall. i know i average about 1.5 pounds loss a day now. calories are nothing to worry about if you follow what you are supposed to eat. 3 oz worth of Protein 4 times a day so i can meet the 60 grams of Protein. main diet is skinless and boneless chicken breast, low fat lean ground turkey, and low sodium Beans.

I was vegetarian before surgery, so I think I'm having trouble with the high meat high dairy protein lifestyle.

I was hoping to phase back in to vegetarianism, low-lacto after about 6 weeks or so, but man, the thought of pureed meat is really making me feel blugh.

Guess I should try that ricotta bake everyone keeps talking about!

I should be going into surgery at 11! Just saw my doctor and have all my ivs hooked up! 🤞 Good luck to all the other 25ths happening today [emoji171]

On 02/25/2019 at 09:20, gerl86 said:

I should be going into surgery at 11! Just saw my doctor and have all my ivs hooked up! 🤞 Good luck to all the other 25ths happening today [emoji171]

You got this! Can’t wait to hear from you once you feel like posting