Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Six months post-op+ : The Sophomores Thread

4 minutes ago, AEdoesRnY said:

Also, as of this morning I’m at 200.8! Onederland is closer than ever! Today’s weight doesn’t count because I only count my Monday weigh ins, but still!

As I’ve mentioned before I’ve been hovering 203-207 since 2/1 (lowest in that two month period was 202.6 on 2/12, otherwise it’s been bouncing between 203.5-206.8) and after starting IF and being strict about tracking my calories I’ve lost 5.8 lbs since Monday. My period also started and I generally hold onto more weight the week or so before and then release it, so I’m guessing that combined with diet changes this week have made a difference!

Like I said it doesn’t COUNT yet and I shouldn’t have even weighed myself yet, but I’m so excited that I’m closer than I’ve ever been! I haven’t been under 200lbs since I was 12/13 years old!!!!!

Keep your fingers crossed for me that I get to have a onederland celebration soon???

Woooohoooo! I'm counting it! Great progress and work this week girlie!!! You rawk!

Just now, Orchids&Dragons said:

I add about 1/4 cup Kathi go lean to my yogurt, kind of like granola. It makes it more filling, plus adds Protein and Fiber.

From the Slider Queen: yogurt, fruit, Soups, stews, chicken salad, tuna salad, crackers, most veggies, and my personal fave: sugar-free fudgesicles. Did I miss anything?

💙💚💜💗💖💚💜💗💖💚💜💗💖💚💜💗💚💙

And we are loyal to the Crown

👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑

Y'all know i put everything under the sun in my yogurt to give it a little more grip except steamed Haddock or Grilled chicken...

Maybe that's my next step 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

I add about 1/4 cup Kashi go lean to my yogurt, kind of like granola. It makes it more filling, plus adds Protein and Fiber.

From the slider queen: yogurt, fruit, Soups, stews, chicken salad, tuna salad, crackers, most veggies, and my personal fave: sugar-free fudgesicles. Did I miss anything?

Also, I'm very fortunate at this point. I have wicked cravings, but no true hunger.

Wow! Great list girl. I heartily concur!

Yogurt by itself for me=total slider. :) I eat it and look around for more! But if I combine with cottage cheese, walnuts/almonds, blueberries, Peanut Butter powder (yes I know), and sometimes 6g Fiber One--but at least the stuff before this that's listed...it sticks with me. But I keep quantities to 1/2c of the dairy mix.

Salads and veggies (raw and cooked, especially over cooked) = total sliders.

Pasta, rice, Beans, "complex carbs" = total sliders

Crunchy crap: crackers, chips, tortillas, including Protein chips = total sliders

Candy: sugar free Gummy bears and sugar free strawberry twizzlers = total sliders (please don't ask me how I know)

Soups/stews/chilis = total sliders

Anything (animal/vegetable/mineral) with gravy or butter = total sliders

Smoothies/protein drinks that don't have lots of spinach, a few berries, and a crapton of psyllium husks = total sliders

So basically here's my recap. Everything goes through me like buttah except dense, very lean protein and separate al dente veggies. Some whole nuts have a "stop" to them.

From satiety standpoints: as long as I keep carbs low, keep carbs per meal low, and sugar per meals 5g or less per meal, then I can control my hunger and control my portions (except on salads...I eat 2x as much salad as I do meat + veg). Adding IF also helps me limit my hunger. The more I IF, the less hunger I have.

2 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Candy: sugar free Gummy bears and sugar free strawberry twizzlers = total sliders (please don't ask me how I know)

How do you k...

😂

29 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

How do you k...

😂

bahahahahahahaha! It's a secret. Only my freezer and I know for sure...

oh, and the clock on the stove that looks at the freezer at 2am and keeps track of interlopers and raccoons...:51_scream::rolleyes:

And wayward Chix fluttering by?

8 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

💎💎💎💚💗Congratulations💗💚💎💎💎

Thanks, GreenTeaLael, you truly are an inspiration to me with your comments and with the different boards that you start. I'm noticing now certain foods are "sliding" down easier. Still fighting to get my Protein in. I found some protein crisps that are delicious. I also noticed I was eating way to many of them and felt no restriction at all. I didn't buy any this week. So sad😒!

8 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

OoooOoooOooo

I'm going to share this with a few people outside of the WLS Community...

Has anyone tried this?

4 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Has anyone tried this?

Damn what are we discussing? I lost where we were?!

Ohhh ... good topic, slider foods.

I have no real slider foods, that I have found. I don't eat yogurt, but if I eat Soup or ice cream/frozen yogurt, I still feel full/feel my restriction. If it's a fairly thin soup, I can consume about 2 cups, maybe? Solid foods, nothing slides, crackers, Pasta, chips, about an ounce or two in, I can feel my restriction.

BUT, now days my stomach empties fast. It doesn't seem to matter if it is dense Protein, or carby stuff. It's gone out of my stomach usually in less than an hour, sometimes far less.

Since I've stopped doing IF, I've been a lot hungrier. Like if my stomach is empty, then I'm hungry.

Normally this would scare the crap out of me, the fact that I feel satiated for such a short amount of time. I'm good for right now, as I'm trying to put the breaks on my weight loss. But I'm hopeful that if the future when I stabilize I can utilize IF, because IME, it greatly reduces my hunger.

52 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Damn what are we discussing? I lost where we were?!

The gymnema video about stopping sugar cravings

On 03/29/2019 at 07:59, GreenTealael said:

It may not be that way at all in your case!

I hope you’re right!! I have a terrible sweet tooth and sometimes I’ll eat a yogurt to avoid the skittles or something else sugar.
You seem to try new things while keeping it very healthy!! I love seeing what you post!

3 hours ago, sillykitty said:

Ohhh ... good topic, slider foods.

I have no real slider foods, that I have found. I don't eat yogurt, but if I eat Soup or ice cream/frozen yogurt, I still feel full/feel my restriction. If it's a fairly thin Soup, I can consume about 2 cups, maybe? Solid foods, nothing slides, crackers, Pasta, chips, about an ounce or two in, I can feel my restriction.

BUT, now days my stomach empties fast. It doesn't seem to matter if it is dense Protein, or carby stuff. It's gone out of my stomach usually in less than an hour, sometimes far less.

Since I've stopped doing IF, I've been a lot hungrier. Like if my stomach is empty, then I'm hungry.

Normally this would scare the crap out of me, the fact that I feel satiated for such a short amount of time. I'm good for right now, as I'm trying to put the breaks on my weight loss. But I'm hopeful that if the future when I stabilize I can utilize IF, because IME, it greatly reduces my hunger.

LOL

2xb4cj.jpg

Can I just say when people say “dense protein” I want to puke 😂 what a gross description. Although I’m super weird and hate all words that describe food; cooking shows make me crawl out of my skin