Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Six months post-op+ : The Sophomores Thread

15 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

That's just for weight loss mode... Go by what your NUT says but if you aren't seeing result with high cals ask them to re evaluate.

Maintenance is a different beast. That goes by BMR as most VETS will tell you but you'll only find out what that will be through trail and error once you hit maintenance.

I don't exercise much if at all honestly. Just walking. The majority of my weight loss happened in the kitchen.

Brilliant! Yes. Agree 100%.

I am still in weight loss mode. I walk almost 7 days a week—at least an hour per day. I do not “eat back” my exercise calories because honestly? The intensity nor duration warrant it. If I suddenly started dropping 3-4lbs per week at my stage, then I would re-evaluate. IMHO, if you aren’t losing and you’ve ruled out ALL variables and you know you’re faithfully accounting for everything, then you are consuming too many calls or carbs for your individual metabolism.

7 months out. Losing around a pound a week eating 1200 calories a day. I would be miserable with less. I have focused on adding fruits and veggies. Easily get 60-90 grams of Protein a day. I exercise between 30 and 60 minutes a day. 57 years old and chugging along.

59 minutes ago, sideeye said:

“Drinking is the new snacking” for me as well, as long as the drink is less than 50 cals. So that’s meant coffee, tea, Crystal Light, ice cold Water out of the fridge, etc.

I also have to get good at leaving food on the plate. Not because I’m still hungry and leaving it, but because if I’m not hungry, eating it because I paid for it is a HORRIBLE rule of thumb. I’ve just left half a piece of banana bread on a cafe table because it was a mistake to buy in the first place. Getting comfortable with leaving food behind has been a huge part of this for me.

Welcome new sophomores!

Agree! So true!!

7 minutes ago, Vizslamom said:

7 months out. Losing around a pound a week eating 1200 calories a day. I would be miserable with less. I have focused on adding fruits and veggies. Easily get 60-90 grams of Protein a day. I exercise between 30 and 60 minutes a day. 57 years old and chugging along.

35, I exercise between -5 to 0 minutes a day 😂😂😂😂

I know there’s a whole extra thread for this, but since several of you do IF I hope it’s okay to ask a newbie IF question: did I mess up before I even started if I put premier in my coffee this morning?

I’d decided to start IF today (setting my window as 11a-7p), but I wasn’t thinking about it when I poured 1/3 or 1/4 of a chocolate Premier Protein into my coffee...hoping some of you do IF successfully with this slight bend to the rules?

(Ps I don’t measure how much of the premier I put in my coffee because I end up drinking the rest of it over the course of the day and just track the whole container when I finish it rather than measuring each time I have a bit of it with/in something)

24 minutes ago, AEdoesRnY said:

I know there’s a whole extra thread for this, but since several of you do IF I hope it’s okay to ask a newbie IF question: did I mess up before I even started if I put premier in my coffee this morning?

I’d decided to start IF today (setting my window as 11a-7p), but I wasn’t thinking about it when I poured 1/3 or 1/4 of a chocolate Premier Protein into my coffee...hoping some of you do IF successfully with this slight bend to the rules?

(Ps I don’t measure how much of the premier I put in my coffee because I end up drinking the rest of it over the course of the day and just track the whole container when I finish it rather than measuring each time I have a bit of it with/in something)

I've been doing it this way from the start so a modified version of IF. When I go super strict, water/clear tea fasting... There is a VERY noticeable difference.

03/26/2019 08:45 AM, GreenTealael said:

I've been doing it this way from the start so a modified version of IF. When I go super strict, water/clear tea fasting... There is a VERY noticeable difference.

I think I’ll try it this way for a little bit and then if I’m stalling still/again then go super strict? I like the idea of being able to start with a little Protein (and caffeine)! Thank you!

I took the big step of cleaning out all of my closets. I boxed up the good stuff and sent that off to consignment and the rest is getting picked up by AmVets on Thursday. I gained weight kind of quickly after chemotherapy & steroids, I was pleasantly surprised my clothes from a few years ago were too big also. Almost everything left is activewear and workout clothes.

It feels nice to be myself again after a 5 year hiatus!

On 03/26/2019 at 21:29, Cheeseburgh said:

I took the big step of cleaning out all of my closets. I boxed up the good stuff and sent that off to consignment and the rest is getting picked up by AmVets on Thursday. I gained weight kind of quickly after chemotherapy & steroids, I was pleasantly surprised my clothes from a few years ago were too big also. Almost everything left is activewear and workout clothes.

It feels nice to be myself again after a 5 year hiatus!

Congratulations! What a great feeling! It’s been really wonderful to go “closet shopping” over the last few months! I finally had to go on a big shopping trip a week or so ago because I’d finally run out of things that weren’t too big for me!

I hope you’re able to replace some of what you’ve given away with things that fit - it makes SUCH a huge difference to have clothes the right size. Especially bras - I didn’t replace my bras (which were old and not fitting great in the first place) until a week or two ago and I got a fitting and got a few great bras that were the right band and cup size and WOW what a difference! I’d lost 80 lbs so it was definitely time to get a few new ones!

Okay, one day on intermittent fasting and all I have to say is:

You guys were right! I’m sorry for resisting the bandwagon for so long!

Ok, I know I'm not smart enough to have found this on my own. Who posted this one about "Filters" and WLS?...say what you want about Dr. V., but he has pretty clear insights into the mind games!

1 minute ago, FluffyChix said:

But then, how do they do liposuction without you bleeding out?

On 03/27/2019 at 11:07, Orchids&Dragons said:

Bc when you get liposuction it’s not from inside your abdomen. The fat inside there has a lot of vessels. When they Lipo they are doing subcutaneous...they do not lipo inside the abdomen.

8 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Damn you, Lex Luther...