Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Six months post-op+ : The Sophomores Thread



Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, AEdoesRnY said:

Just finished my first post-surgery 5K and damn that compression gear is making me look skinnnnnnyy!

Also I finished in 42:53! Under 14 min mile! I’m super excited about that after having two months of not working out (injury+personal stuff happening). Looking forward to my 10K on 5/20, even if I’m feeling pretty nervous too!

image-0.00607967376708984.jpg

👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, clsumrall said:

Dr V had this on Facebook he really hits the mark

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

Link isn't working hon. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go to Facebook and put in his name

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having already had a revision to bypass for reflux, this one scared the hell out of me! I do totally agree with his comment about fixing your brain, though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Having already had a revision to bypass for reflux, this one scared the hell out of me! I do totally agree with his comment about fixing your brain, though!

Just a sobering message right? I swear I've been working toward this since day 1. It's not magic bean surgery. And so many are going to unfortunately have a crazy aha moment. :(

(But hey, does he look like he's on something? He looks either slightly gassed or high?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Just a sobering message right? I swear I've been working toward this since day 1. It's not magic bean surgery. And so many are going to unfortunately have a crazy aha moment. :(

(But hey, does he look like he's on something? He looks either slightly gassed or high?)

Lots of times, I think he's gone off the rails, but some of this was really interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Lots of times, I think he's gone off the rails, but some of this was really interesting.

I honestly agree with him! I just don't feel very comfortable with his state of mind? Or that he appears to have washed out of the medical / surgical world? You know? But his stuff about head work is straight up truth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, clsumrall said:

Go to Facebook and put in his name

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

Wow! Tough love. Love it. Straight up truth. I swear it. Thanks for sharing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

I honestly agree with him! I just don't feel very comfortable with his state of mind? Or that he appears to have washed out of the medical / surgical world? You know? But his stuff about head work is straight up truth.

Agreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He always looks slightly too tired or high or manic on his live chats to me 😂😂😂😂

But...

His message is still valid. And these he's still giving away for free. So i don't automatically throw the baby out with the bath Water.

And...

He's so funny and blunt. It's like amazing advice and stand-up 😂

Edited by GreenTealael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

He always looks slightly too tired or high or manic on his live chats to me 😂😂😂😂

But...

His message is still valid. And these he's still giving away for free. So i don't automatically throw the baby out with the bath Water.

And...

He's so funny and blunt. It's like amazing advice and stand-up 😂

Absolutely! He does look slightly "out there." But man. It's like, he's about the only one out there talking about the truth. The surgery isn't magic. It will only get us so far. And we can't wait until it quits working to start doing the work that got us the life time invitation to the Obesity Ball. We MUST be proactive and get to doing the hard work asap. Pre-op if at all humanly possible.

It is always that angle from which I view WLS. I want to stay obsessed with my journey of transformation. I want to never be cocky enough to where I can't own my own crap.

I love that he calls that forward and calls us on our ****. :) Cuz in my honest opinion, most of us have WAY too many enablers in our life., In fact, we're our own worst enabler. Self-enablers...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Y'all

Move date last night ( Us by Jordan Peele ... Sooooo good!) and at GNC lookie lookie what i discovered anf snuck in 😂😂😂...

Did anyone else know about this?

1 bag is 100% of the RDA of Fiber ! I shared and only ate about 1/2 or 1/3 of the bag, but... They are AMAZING

Do me a favor and try for yourself 😍

20190324_103225.jpg

20190324_103237.jpg

20190324_103244.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are they?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

It is always that angle from which I view WLS. I want to stay obsessed with my journey of transformation. I want to never be cocky enough to where I can't own my own crap.

I agree. One thing he mentions (I'm not sure if it was this video) is that we have to get to the point where we don't identify as weight-loss patients. I'm not sure if I agree with that. I think we always have to be cognizant that what goes down can go back up if you're not diligent. Also, we can't forget the challenges we have to get enough nutrition when our intake is much less than other people's. We also need to ask, every d@mn time, if meds we are prescribed will work properly with our altered anatomy, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×