Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DECEMBER 2018 SLEEVERS

Hi December sleevers..first congrats!...second... let's help each other get through this with positive motivation & honesty I know I need it. I was sleeved on 12/10 . I'm convinced my surgeon took my whole damn stomach out.
Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Lol I agree I got mines on the 12th!!! I feel like a damn zombie

miss.carter

I got my surgery on December 10th. I am very often sick and I'm having the hardest time. Not much support as my wife is not living here with me right now. It's incredibly difficult to deal with everything when I feel alone

Sent from my LML212VL using BariatricPal mobile app

I got my surgery on December 10th. I am very often sick and I'm having the hardest time. Not much support as my wife is not living here with me right now. It's incredibly difficult to deal with everything when I feel alone

I can support from a far. Why are you always sick? What has your surgeon said? Happy new yr [emoji9]

I can support from a far. Why are you always sick? What has your surgeon said? Happy new yr [emoji9]

I am always nauseous and I vomit pretty often. My surgeon refuses to see me because I was being treated like a drug addict when I told them I was in pain. I ended up telling the surgeon that this was the worst decision of my life and she's an awful doctor. I'm currently only able to keep down much other than scrambled eggs and coffee. It's been pretty rough so far

I am always nauseous and I vomit pretty often. My surgeon refuses to see me because I was being treated like a drug addict when I told them I was in pain. I ended up telling the surgeon that this was the worst decision of my life and she's an awful doctor. I'm currently only able to keep down much other than scrambled eggs and coffee. It's been pretty rough so far

Ugghhhh that sucks. I'm no doctor..but pay attention to the foods you wat when u vomit....and put them on your do not eat list. Try bland Soups like egg drop Soup, broth from pho soup, cream of wheat, refried Beans blended with broth. I hope it gets better for you. Vomit daily sounds horrible and doesnt seems good for your healing tummy. Do you truly regret the surgery? Or are you just going through the early on regrets of not feeling normal anymore

Ugghhhh that sucks. I'm no doctor..but pay attention to the foods you wat when u vomit....and put them on your do not eat list. Try bland Soups like egg drop Soup, broth from pho Soup, cream of wheat, refried Beans blended with broth. I hope it gets better for you. Vomit daily sounds horrible and doesnt seems good for your healing tummy. Do you truly regret the surgery? Or are you just going through the early on regrets of not feeling normal anymore

I understand that getting the surgery was the best option for me to be healthy. I honestly only regret the process that I went through. I was not well informed about what was happening step by step, how to deal with any if it, or what to expect after surgery. I was not treated like an adult that deserved respect. Any time I had tried to voice concerns I was brushed off as if nothing I said or felt was worth caring about. My two supporters can not be with me right now. My mom passed away in October and I'll be fighting immigration this year to get my wife over here with me. It's just been really hard doing it by myself

I understand that getting the surgery was the best option for me to be healthy. I honestly only regret the process that I went through. I was not well informed about what was happening step by step, how to deal with any if it, or what to expect after surgery. I was not treated like an adult that deserved respect. Any time I had tried to voice concerns I was brushed off as if nothing I said or felt was worth caring about. My two supporters can not be with me right now. My mom passed away in October and I'll be fighting immigration this year to get my wife over here with me. It's just been really hard doing it by myself

Sorry for your loss. I hope your wife will be able to get here sooner than you expect. Sounds like your going through alot...try to stay out of the depression zone. Going through such a life changing experience makes it easy for you to feel down and depressed especially since your alone. So focus on all positive things if possible or atleast try to. Remember..doctors are doctors...they do the surgery and that's kinda it..they are not here for the mental side of it.or to hold our hand. So maybe you should go to group sessions...all hospitals have them. And use this as a resource and for now phone convos with wife. It may be good idea to get a bariatric counselor they can be very helpful

I had mine on the 18th. I have had horrible pain up until today. I finally feel a bit human again! I don't really miss food. I think I am struggling more with making sure to get all of my Protein in a day. I worry that if I don't get enough protein that I won't keep losing. But I am happy I made the choice to have the surgery!

On 12/30/2018 at 6:06 PM, GayGirlLivingForHer said:

Well that's all yuck. I'm really sorry to hear that. My mom had to go to the hospital the night before my surgery and they kept us in the waiting room of the ER for five hours before getting her into a room. Of course I didn't know at the time of my surgery I had gotten some nasty cough. Can we just talk about bariatric surgery and bronchitis type coughing with fever. Yep it really hurts. My surgery was the 27 of this month. My mom is still in the hospital, (different one than I used), and I wouldn't have survived without my husband and best friend. Both have had to endure me not being so nice all the time. Complex PTSD and extreme stress can make me one sharp tounged monster. I don't even see it coming most of the time. Coughing is a good warning that what will follow may not be suitable for all audience members.

Are you completely alone or do you have other friends and family around?

I have my wife on video chat and messenger. My dad is here but since my mom passed he's severely depressed and he's not exactly good company. My sister is close by but she's the type that always worries about her and hers first. She has no worries about me unless it directly effects what she wants or what she needs me to do for her. My wife will be here in April and I think by then things will be better

On 12/30/2018 at 11:13 AM, drop the beat said:

Hi December sleevers..first congrats!...second... let's help each other get through this with positive motivation & honesty I know I need it. I was sleeved on 12/10 . I'm convinced my surgeon took my whole damn stomach out.

Haha yep. I was sleeved on 12/4 and its been a wild period of adjustment. I have zero hunger and have to force myself to eat.