Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2018 Sleevers!

Okay my fellow Decemberists we've fallen to Page 6 so it's been awhile since there have been any updates! My family went on vacation and I made it through it but had been scared to weigh in until I felt like I had worked off anything that I might have done, although in hindsight I must have done pretty well and it was way better than what I would have normally done. I think I mainly struggled hitting in my daily Protein goals because I didn't have my shakes. Btw, my wife and kids say they can totally tell when I don't hit my protein because apparently I'm slow and sluggish both mentally and physically so I guess that's one more reason to hit it. Anyways, I finally weighed in and am down 12.1 pounds this month even with vacation so YEAH!!! Last year on vacation I had to go to a clinic and they tried to admit me into the hospital but I refused and just took an IV and got better but that was what helped make my decision to look into options when I got back into town and eventually I got sleeved, which I had never even heard of until last August. What a difference a year makes! I rode rides at the amusement park, felt great, and DIDN'T SWEAT EVERYWHERE I WENT, which is saying a lot considering we were in Galveston, Texas and New Orleans which has crazy levels of humidity which usually devastate me since I'm from a very dry climate. I'm down 181 pounds total and have my next follow up with my surgeon in early September. I can't wait. Hope everyone is doing great and please give any updates. Btw, my wife has started the process of getting sleeved so hopefully that will help keep me focused and we can help each other.

On 8/28/2019 at 11:04 AM, VSGDavid said:

Not sweating everywhere i go this summer has been a huge benefit for me!

Isn't it amazing how fewer creases we have and less sweating we do when we lose weight? Congrats!

So I have been stalled pretty much for the past two months and it scares the blank out of me - anyone else in the same boat here with me? Back to the basics for me, back to diving into this forum for support and inspiration. I know that I have ventured to far off into things I shouldn't eat and am aware of the error of my ways. Definitely got to keep those small bags of chips out of my house (the rest of the family will just have to go without) as they always call out to me in a weak moment and they being a slider food well they are freezing my weight in the moment.. Water -gotta start tracking again .. I have been limited in exercises per other medical problems (shoulder surgery & hernia)and not able to do any weight training but am thinking if I just do lots of repetitions of small weights and increase my walking. I need to lose another 10 lbs in a month so I can get my abdominal incisional hernia repaired. This hernia has haunted me for a very long time and is the reason why I got the sleeve surgery in the first place as Surgeons would not repair the hernia until I lost a bunch of weight as it was a previously repaired hernia with mesh that had to be cut through for another surgery that eventually became another hernia that has haunted me. AS I lose the weight it becomes more prominent. I call it my little monster. :( Also been dealing with some emotional stuff as I was just recently diagnosed with PTSD due to trauma and Major Depressive Disorder so I have been working on not eating my feelings and am working with professionals to get that back under control as well. So 9 months later, I am currently at a cross road in my journey and hoping to get back on the right path. Hoping to find that I am not alone and that others may be dealing with the same.

Coexister you can do it. I recommend tracking what you eat in an app like Fitness Pal or Better Human. When I feel like I am getting off track I stop and start making myself accountable. I try and always get my Protein in before I allow myself to eat anything else 60-80 grams and nothing by Water to drink. Try and remember and keep your end goal insight. I have some physics limitations too and I finally found an exercise that I enjoy and I can do—pilates. Try a new exercise—GET EXCITED! You can do it.

Just wanted to stop in and say hello to check in with everyone. Hoping you are staying on track, feeling encouraged and continuing toward better health, stamina and well being. Now 8 months post op - I have lost 100 pounds with 30 more to go in reaching my goal of 129 and a normal BMI mark (not the overweight category) for a petite 5' frame.

This was my favorite red and white striped shirt blouse pre-surgery.

This is my favorite red and white blouse today! ;]

IMG_0728.jpeg

IMG-0301.jpeg

Coexister! You have lost 76 pounds! That is fantastic and a wonderful milestone to be very very proud of... I have no doubt, you will continue to accomplish your wholistic goals progressing beyond this cross road. Sounds like you have enlisted a team of wonderful professionals who care and will rally behind you, at this juncture. Thanks for sharing. We are all here to cheer you on as well! ;] Hope this is proving a great week. Do keep us posted.

On 1/6/2019 at 12:05 PM, Lolo 2020 said:

I buy the pure Protein pre made drinks at at Trader Joe’s . 35g of Protein protein for only 160 calories and almost no carbs and 1 g of sugar . I do one drink in the am mixed with my Decaf hazelnut coffee and it just like a latte ! I heat up drink for 50 seconds , then add fresh brewed coffee . I do the second drink in the afternoon or after workout . I also bought the pure Protein Powder mix in chocolate and blend a scoop with unsweetened chocolate almond milk(almond breeze ). Add half of a frozen banana (slice up then freeze in baggies) and a little bit of that Peanut Butter protein powder- delicious ! Like a chocolate Peanut Butter milkshake ! That takes care of 70 G protein, plus I also have some Isopure tropical punch powder that I sometimes use for another 20g of a light fruity drink. Makes a huge difference getting all this protein 

saved to favs. lol

13 hours ago, Billy Bob said:

saved to favs. lol

I mix Isopure flavors with propel in 20 ounce recycled Water bottles to get in my daily Protein. Love my weight loss results (106 off with 23 pounds to go...) but really don't enjoy eating that much especially, meat or fish. Exploring vegan cookbooks, recipes and other sources of protein for sustenance long term.

Wish we could get our group sharing again.

IMG_2412.jpeg

Sophie you're Looking So GOOD- Bound to be inspiring to all the Newbees and everybody with temporary STALLS. You're perfect evidence if You Stay The Course You will Succeed! Congratulations again my friend!

I mix Isopure flavors with propel in 20 ounce recycled Water bottles to get in my daily Protein. Love my weight loss results (106 off with 23 pounds to go...) but really don't enjoy eating that much especially, meat or fish. Exploring vegan cookbooks, recipes and other sources of protein for sustenance long term.
Wish we could get our group sharing again.
IMG_2412.thumb.jpeg.7b485b253a8158dd01c20855f03e47ba.jpeg
Love that dress oh my :) you look amazing

Can the surgeon repair an epigastric hernia at the same time as performing the VSG ?