Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2018 Sleevers!

Is anyone else losing suuuper slowly? I don't know if it is because foods are so easy to eat again, or what, but I feel like I get a lot of stalls. Still down about 45 lbs since I started this journey, though - I will take what I can get! And I am hoping now that I have been walking nearly every day that will help get the weight loss going again. Happy Wednesday, everyone!

20 minutes ago, anl1990 said:

Is anyone else losing suuuper slowly? I don't know if it is because foods are so easy to eat again, or what, but I feel like I get a lot of stalls. Still down about 45 lbs since I started this journey, though - I will take what I can get! And I am hoping now that I have been walking nearly every day that will help get the weight loss going again. Happy Wednesday, everyone!

Yes, me. I'm 45lbs down too. I lost 16lbs on my 2 week preop so I count it! Because Lord knows I wouldn't have kept it off without surgery. I have been able to eat pretty much anything since surgery. I use MFP to track my food. I also workout regularly with lots of strength training. Being almost 6 months out now I'm nervous the weight loss is going to sloooowww even more. I will say I haven't had any serious stalls yet.

Edited by ehmadore

It looks like to me for your starting weight you are right on target. Someone gave me this to use as a guide and it’s been pretty accurate. Hopefully it’s helpful to you n

DC79509A-562D-44AE-923A-EB6C8755F837.jpeg

Thanks you two - this makes me feel a lot better! I guess I expected to lose a lot more, I really need to quit comparing myself to others lol.

Wow , whomever posted that chart , thanks ! I lost 10lbs before surgery and 60lbs in 3 months . Was sleeved in December . Only losing 5 lbs a month now but 6 lbs from goal so expect it to go slow !

It’s difficult for us not to compare. I have to remind myself this is a journey and not a race. I’m not In competition with anyone. Just trying to get back to a healthier me. 😊

I like that chart - so validating. Yes, I feel like I'm losing super slow but I just keep doing what I'm supposed to and as long as I make progress, I'm happy. I suppose that's my biggest fear these days...getting stuck and not continuing the weight loss. But, I also have to acknowledge I am super happy with what I have lost and how much more comfortable I am in my body.

Thanks for posting that chart! Makes me feel a WHOLE lot better about what I thought was slow weight loss.

Dang thanks for posting that chart! I'm doing something right! Just broke 250 pounds tonight. I'm down to 249. Still have a ways to go but after seeing that chart i feel like i'm doing the right things!

I really have to look at this chart often as I think I should lose faster. So this really keeps me sane. Lol

On 5/21/2019 at 9:46 PM, Lolo 2020 said:

Take renee, here’s a current pic - almost to goal ! I am in blue !

0136A967-6B3B-459A-A216-FE14705888B4.jpeg

Hello there skinny!!! Huge difference!!!!!! Night and day!!!! You must be over the moon!!

Thanks Steve ! Yes very happy ! About 5-6 lbs to goal !

On 5/22/2019 at 11:15 AM, anl1990 said:

Weight loss with VSG isn't suppose to be super fast. The honeymoon period with VSG is believed to be between 18 months and 3 years (most of falling somewhere between 18 and 3 years--so don't think at the 18 month mark you're done losing). In short, most VSG patients aren't hitting their goal weight until they are 18-36 months post-op. If you're a December 2018 Sleever you're still very much at the beginning of the journey. Those are of that may be closer to the end (or so we may think) probably started out with lower BMIs to begin with. I was a 38 to start (something aroudn there). I didn't have as far to go, so I guess I had a head start. If you started out with a BMI over 40 or over 50, you're going to have a longer journey to goal. That's a good thing. If you need to lose 120 pounds, you really don't want it to all come off in 6 months. Even with bariatric surgery, that would be an excessive rate of lose and probably not healthy.

24 minutes ago, Lolo 2020 said:

Thanks Steve ! Yes very happy ! About 5-6 lbs to goal !

I have 11 to go, but I also just changed my goal from 170 to 174.5. I guess that's cheating???? :) JK, I think I would look sickly at 170 and frankly 174,5 probably wouldn't be sustainable for me (despite what that stupid BMI chart says). At this point, I am not actively trying to lose weight. If it happens, it happens. I was actually consciously increasing my calorie intake (planned out using MFP) to find a level where I am comfortable and maintain my current weight. Ironically, as I increased my calorie intake, I think that broke me out of the stall I must have been in (didn't really bother me since I was happy where I was) and I started losing again. Go figure! I am not used to losing weight without making a herculean effort. We'll see where things end up.

2 minutes ago, SteveT74 said:

I have 11 to go, but I also just changed my goal from 170 to 174.5. I guess that's cheating???? :) JK, I think I would look sickly at 170 and frankly 174,5 probably wouldn't be sustainable for me (despite what that stupid BMI chart says). At this point, I am not actively trying to lose weight. If it happens, it happens. I was actually consciously increasing my calorie intake (planned out using MFP) to find a level where I am comfortable and maintain my current weight. Ironically, as I increased my calorie intake, I think that broke me out of the stall I must have been in (didn't really bother me since I was happy where I was) and I started losing again. Go figure! I am not used to losing weight without making a herculean effort. We'll see where things end up.

I'm the same with you actually even though you have had much less weight to lose than i have. We are on the same wave length. I'm going to get down to your weight with in the 2 years. so far so good 128 pounds in 5 months!