Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2018 Sleevers!

I am stalled as well,12 lbs from goal , 58 lbs down . Sleeved dec 18

6 minutes ago, Lolo 2020 said:

I am stalled as well,12 lbs from goal , 58 lbs down . Sleeved dec 18

Then it must be natural for us to stall at this point. Whew! At least it's a normal thing and it's not just me. I know I'm doing everything I'm supposed to be doing (700 calories/day, exercising 4 days/week, 60 g Protein, 64 oz water) but the scale will just not cooperate. I wish the nutritionists would tell us to expect the Week 4 and Week 16 stalls so we wouldn't freak out and think we're done losing.

10 hours ago, pl0322 said:

Hi, I’ve never written on here before, but I’m hoping to find some inspiration and motivation from everyone. I have been kinda stuck recently and haven’t been eating very well:/ I’m so disappointed in myself, but I’m using this to keep going. What are y’all’s diets like 4 months out and how do y’all suggest I do this? My doctor never gave me a certain calorie restriction or real meal plan, and I do feel hungry.

Did you have the surgery? At this point (four months out), you should be eating 60-80 grams of Protein, at least 64 oz of Fluid, and fitting in fruits and veggies as you are able. Grains/starches/sugars come last and, for some, might not happen until you get to maintenance.

Here is a website that has a tab for diet and life after surgery: https://www.bariatric-surgery-source.com/gastric-sleeve-vs-bypass.html. You might find it helpful.

I could use a good 12 step program. “Hello my name is Kathleen, and I am a scale-oholic.” It is pathetic. I’m so obsessed. I have been at a “stall” for almost 3 weeks. It’s almost discouraging. I was so excited to hit the -40 at exactly 3 months. My dr said to expect 30-50, so I was happy! Then... Haven’t lost since. And I am just getting over some horrible bug that lasted for over 2days that caused me to not keep anything down or in. And still no weight loss.
Of course it’ll come. It’s just so dern frustrating! I’m smiling though. Still excited about -40 cus I’m thinner than I’ve been in over 33 years!!!
Yeesssiiireee Sister newt Yaaasss!! I'm proud of you for the-40!!KEEP AT IT!! IT'LL MOVE and try not to weight as much!

Sent from my SM-G930VL using BariatricPal mobile app

8 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

Impressive Mike! May you continue to be such a great success, think,you'll be greatful that your tool,works so well. Bet you never dropped so much in that short a time before!😝👍

You are correct. I was one of those people that could lose 80 pounds over 6 months with diet and exercise but then i would gain the 80 back, plus 20! And that happened a few times over the years until I finally decided to get the surgery.

Hi December Sleevers! Just checking in to as my saboteurs keep trying to hit me with everything they got and I do find myself eating a little of this and that here and there. I told myself this week that I need to get back on point and eat more at home. It seems like such a waste to go out and eat as I find myself paying for big meals that I end up taking most of it home and then end up throwing it out per not tasting as good as it did the first time around. My daughter is bringing in chocolates and sugar in the house and Snacks and foods that I find so tempting. I have given in here and there but I am going to resolve to do better! Anybody else struggling with saboteurs or old habits even though eating much less volume but still worried that in time....

Oh yes .. so I just bought a bunch of inspire Cookies and Snacks to stop the cheats . Lost 1.5 lb yesterday after doing that instead of little cheats

17 minutes ago, Lolo 2020 said:

Oh yes .. so I just bought a bunch of inspire Cookies and Snacks to stop the cheats . Lost 1.5 lb yesterday after doing that instead of little cheats

I'll have to look into that! I feel like I'm cheating a little here and there with snacking but even so I'm still doing way better than what I would normally be doing! I have a cheat day on my weigh in day each Saturday but compared to my unsleeved self it's not much as far as cheating goes. Just feels like it to me, and then by Monday I'm like why did I do that on the weekend? Of course, then I start working and looking forward to it again by about Thursday!

I weigh every day and try to keep calories under 1000, carbs under 50. Workout 5 x a week . Have been doing great , down 60 but this last month I only lost 6 lbs . Still I am about 12 lbs from goal so it’s the last bit and I am in size 10 and honestly wouldn’t be unhappy to be at this weight long term . No just dear regains when I am 6-8 months out from the sleeve so I want to overshoot my “comfortable “ weight

Hey guys. Just checking in on my fellow December 2018 sleavers. I am chugging along on my weight loss journey. I am down. I was a low BMI patient so I lost most of my excess weight in the first 2.5 months post-op. Since the end of March, it's been slow going with the scale. I have only lost about 7 pounds since March 7, but I did lose about 1.5% off my body fat 1.5" off my waist since. I am pretty happy with where things are at the moment. I would like to lose another 5-10 pounds--but that would only be to give me a little cushion against regain (maybe?). I still have a healthy appetite, but nothing like I did before surgery. That said, I probably eat more than most bariatric patients at this point--but I am very careful about what I eat. I don't cheat at all--not even a little bit.

Yesterday was a tough challenge. My daughter had her 8th birthday party yesterday and we served pizza and an ice cream cake from cold stone creamery (dark chocolate fudge and salted caramel ice cream with angel food cake. I realize that it's very easy to fall off the wagon--it's how ended up starting to regain after every diet I was on before in my life. I can't have "just a little bite of this" or "a taste of that". Sure, I could a few times, but one little bite can become just a little piece and escalates from there. Even though I am thin and in really good shape right now, I am never going to be a "thin person" like someone that is naturally thin his/her whole life. The potential for me to become heavy again is always going to be there. So, I am going to always have to be that much stricter with my diet and exercise. So, I came up with a plan to deal with my daughter's party. First, I made sure to eat before her party something healthy (salad with grilled chicken and bolthouse low carb/low cal dressing) and I promised myself a yummy snack after the party (pumpkin seeds, pecans and a piece of ChocZero dark chocolate (very yummy)). It may not be as exciting as ice cream cake, but it's still yummy to me. I was able to get through the party without taking even the tiniest bite of anything. You have to have a plan and stick with it to make this process successful. As an added bonus, I felt no guilt today. :)

You're doing great, Steve, glad to see you checking in. I had my sleeve a week before you did and I had a month-long stall from Month 4 to Month 5 but things are moving again, so I'm happy. No regain. Still eating small portions, less than 1,000 calories, exercising 4-5 days a week, drinking 64 oz of Water, and eating at least 60 g of Protein a day.

Wow! Well done Steve ! Sounds like u r using discipline with a little craftiness to keep your weight in check . I am about 5 lbs from goal although most people say it’s enough . I am in size 10 clothes which at 5’9 is pretty thin . Still can’t believe it and I haven’t gotten used to shopping in this size ! Surprisingly I have done well using the inspire Cookies and Protein Snacks to help a lot with any sweets cravings . Also use Protein Shakes a lot to substitute for the ice cream craving . It seems to be a plan I can live with and I am losing about 3-4 lbs a month which is more than fine!

I am glad you guys have updated. My weight loss at this point has been so so slow and I have been so worried that I have done something wrong? From what I am reading it seems to be the norm? I do need to get better on track though as my bariatric doctor wants me to be at 180 in July or they will give me some medication to help me lose more as the goal is to do a incisional hernia repair at my belly button without mesh and that's the weight they would like me at. With the weight loss and having this fist size hernia it doesn't look like I have lost as my belly lump looks so gross. So guys thanks for updating and normalizing things for the rest of us! I am not able to do weight training per I can't pick up more then 25 lbs per hernia and then I am still recovering from a a shoulder surgery and not allowed to pick up anything over 10 lbs with that arm and so all these limitations on exercise is not helping. I am walking almost everyday. My biggest problem is my saboteurs and the carbs they keep trying to temp me with as I have learned carbs go down real easy on the sleeve. :(

@Lolo2020 Sounds like you're doing great!!! Only five pounds from goals is pretty awesome!!! That's pretty much there if you ask me. For weight, I set my goal at 174 so that I would be under 25 BMI. When I set that goal, I figured that's the weight I would need to be to wear a size 32 pants and to have a body fat% under 15 (which were my real goals). I already hit those goals so I am not sure my goal weight is realistic at this point, but we'll see. I am about 11-13 pounds away from my goal weight (depending on the day). I still may be losing weight but it' snot like it's a steady stream of weight loss every day. It just seems that my heavier days are less heavy and my lighter days are a little lighter and it's just trending down a little bit at a time (maybe a half pound a week for the past few weeks). I'll take it.

@coexister If you're struggling with carbs, maybe you need to reevaluate whether they should be in your diet and, if so, what kind of carbs should be in your diet. I think the best approach to food is to plan out your menu in advance (the night before or something like that). If you have a plan of what you are going to eat and how much of it (you need to weight things out so you know what you're consuming), then you're more likely to stick to the program and not go off the plan. You can't blame "saboteurs" for screwing up your diet. Ultimately, you're responsible for what you put in your mouth. I have got an 8 year old and a 3 year old, so we have plenty of Cookies and bad things in the house that I can't eat. For me, it may as well be like I am deathly allergic to that stuff--like a peanut allergy type thing. Eating that crap isn't an option for me anymore. Instead, I a make sure my diet has enough volume foods like lettuce, spinach etc. along with nutrient dense foods to make sure that I am getting the nutrients I need and I still feel satisfied (which I really do). I can live on a Keto style diet forever--although I have added more carbs because I need more Fiber (but the net carbs are now kept under 40 a day--I was at 20 or less for the first three months that I was on solid food). As for exercise, you just do the best you can. If all you can do is walk, walk as much as you can and make part of your routine each day. Once you have a routine that blocks out 1-2 hours a day for exercise (walking in your case), then you can add other types of exercise once you're healthy enough. The scheduling change will make that possible so you're still used to a healthy routine. This is the time to fine tune your lifestyle while you're still getting the full benefit of your sleeve.

So happy to have this forum available. Get more from this information then attending my support group @Kaiser. Same 4 people speak over and over again.....same stories or woe's. No one else gets a chance to share experiences about weight stalls, avoiding temptation etc... Hoping my stall is ending, been on hold for awhile, but lost 1.2 pounds in last week. I can always look thru old posts for info too! Happy to read how everyone progresses. Keep up good work!