Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 days out- how long before my stomach isn't completely pissed at me

Hi All-

Sorry to sound like a whiny baby, but I would love to hear from others (with the understanding that we are all different). I am 3 days out, and my stomach is understandably pissed. I can feel every drop of liquid that goes down. I also have been having a hell of a time getting my Protein in.

How long before your stomach didn't feel so angry?

@Jingle123423 I know it’s a weird feeling right. Mine did that in the beginning too? I’m 8 days post-op and I noticed that it just stopped maybe like 5 days in or so. I’m still on liquids until this Sunday, my nutritionist said it was ok to start the purée phase a little early since I was tolerating things pretty well. It’s going to get better lol. Hang in there 😉

I’m looking forward and ready for the purée stage.

@Jingle123423 as for the Protein, although I had my booklet given to me from my team with instructions right by my side, and read it all the time I hadn’t notice that I needed 60-80 g of protein but the nurse at the doctors office called me to make sure that I was getting in my protein, I thought I was doing great day one at home drink a half of a box...reality check lol. So I decided to throw those little cups they gave me in the hospital away because I needed to get moving, my goal was to drink 40 g of protein by noon, took a break for an hour and just dipped on Water and at 1:00 started on my other 40 g, I tried to complete it by 7:00. That worked for me, figure out a regime that works for you and stick to it. The nurse said if I didn’t get my protein in that I wouldn’t heal as fast and I would start to feel bad, I didn’t want that to happen and I feel really good. My suggestion is to follow whatever instructions that your team has laid out for you and contact them if you have any problems, they’ve been through this with thousands of patients and have suggestions for you in getting your protein in, you’d be surprised. You can do it!!

It took a solid week for me, jingle123423. Maybe 2. It gets better! Stay hydrated, keep walking, and put Protein first. Rest. Stick to the plan!

The first week is definitely the most difficult. Hang in there! I used Protein Shakes for my Protein. Sips just like fluids. All best wishes to you!