Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

6 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Those bi*ches! WHY won't they tell us how to make a summer body? I need it now! Right now!!! :D

Happy November hon!

I agree, I need instructions lol

Regular 16:8 fasting for me, but hydration challenge begins today so most of my meals were right before and after the gym. Done already. One last vegetable meal later. So a bit more tea and coffee then lots of pure Water.

Edited by GreenTealael

7 hours ago, redhead_che said:

Today is day 1 for me. My eating hours are 6a-2p. I’m actually excited. Slightly terrified about eating “dinner” at 1:45 but my mornings need all the brain power so 🤷🏼‍♀️

Congrats! Let us know how it goes!

Is there something that helped you all determine how many calories you should be eating on fasting days? I met my Protein goal--even exceeded it-- but only ate 382 calories. I'm drinking my Water like a pro right now, but dang this girl is hungry! Is there some sort of "calculator" out there I'm missing?

2 minutes ago, redhead_che said:

Is there something that helped you all determine how many calories you should be eating on fasting days? I met my Protein goal--even exceeded it-- but only ate 382 calories. I'm drinking my Water like a pro right now, but dang this girl is hungry! Is there some sort of "calculator" out there I'm missing?

On fasting days, I don't worry so much about cals. But for instance, if I was doing every day as a 16:8, then you need to meet the macros that you've been eating either to maintain or to lose. You know?

For me, I do some BS gyration. LOL. I actually combine 16:8 with ADF or OMAD--so it becomes more of a 23:1. On those days my goal is to stay at or under 500 cals with my Protein averaging around 50g for the day. Then I alternate with 16:8 where I eat 900-1100 cals and 60-74g of protein per day. My average protein is about 60g and cals average about 825 for the month.

7 minutes ago, redhead_che said:

Generally close to your normal calories, maybe only under if you weren't hungry. but if I remember correctly you were on the lower side already so perhaps this is fine?

Edited by GreenTealael

2 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Generally close to your normal calories, maybe only under if you weren't hungry. but if I remember correctly you were on the lower side already so perhaps this is fine?

Well that would be ok then. Before I jumped on board with this my usual day was 500-600. It must just be very difficult the first day!

The goal isn't necessarily to eat less but to eat less frequently so that hormones responsible for fat storage, inflammation, cancer cell growth etc are turned off.

That's why we do the fasting/non fasting window periods. It's like a light switch. On off. Regulating some hormonal & metabolic changes previously believed to be out of our direct control (or coming very close)

I am thinking Che was asking this question of me...that the first day of 500-600 cals was hard with IF? But my RD would continually freak out about my low cals. And then I'd show her pics of my plates and show her my MFP log. And she would calm the fu*k down. LOL. And she'd have to agree with me, that I was doing really good maximizing my macros.

I can cram a butt load of food into 500-600 cals. :) So it doesn't feel like I'm skimping. And cuz it's super low fat, my belly is very content and happy.

This is an average day of 550 cals here. This was back when I first started IF/ADF. :) 09/06/18. :) It's in my MFP Log (click to enlarge).

image.thumb.png.592545798d711bff5c9eed29f77c976e.png

I made 1st Goal today! I will wait until Monday to make it official and post my 150lb pics. LOL, which let's face it, won't look TOO very much different from the pics I posted a few weeks ago at 156lb. LOL.

Today to my wandering eyes did appear, a little round bald man and eight tiny reindeer! Thank you Santa!!!! I honestly never thought I would get to this first goal. But I made it anyway. And it's only the bare MINI-mum of what I'm going to expect out of this surgery and lifestyle overhaul! Wooot!

149.2lbs - 11.02.18 - 1st Goal - Boom baby! Done!

2017-2018WLS_BA_9months_1stGoal150lbs-web.jpg.fb4a17c16f9130d3a8c92ef049aa9e30.jpg

Edited by FluffyChix

53 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

I made 1st Goal today! I will wait until Monday to make it official and post my 150lb pics. LOL, which let's face it, won't look TOO very much different from the pics I posted a few weeks ago at 156lb. LOL.

Today to my wandering eyes did appear, a little round bald man and eight tiny reindeer! Thank you Santa!!!! I honestly never thought I would get to this first goal. But I made it anyway. And it's only the bare MINI-mum of what I'm going to expect out of this surgery and lifestyle overhaul! Wooot!

149.2lbs - 11.02.18 - 1st Goal - Boom baby! Done!

2017-2018WLS_BA_9months_1stGoal150lbs-web.jpg.fb4a17c16f9130d3a8c92ef049aa9e30.jpg

🎉🎉Congrats! Now it's a party 🎉🎉

Just now, GreenTealael said:

Also IMHO if your intake is greatly reduced choose the VERY BEST quality foods when you can. But I'm a snob about stuff like that...

I 10000% endorse this statement! :)

BTW, I was really asking Che if she was asking me about the 500-600 or if that was a comment about her own averages. :) . Sorry for the shorthand and not communicating well! Too forking early and not enough coffee/green tea in the world! :D

3 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

I 10000% endorse this statement! :)

BTW, I was really asking Che if she was asking me about the 500-600 or if that was a comment about her own averages. :) . Sorry for the shorthand and not communicating well! Too forking early and not enough coffee/green tea in the world! :D

No I got it lol I was up since 6am drinking Matcha lattes 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, GreenTealael said:

No I got it lol I was up since 6am drinking Matcha lattes 😂😂😂

Hahahaha! Am about to have a "cuppa" of golden Matcha latte! :) Gotta go schlep in the house! :) Have I told you, thanks for starting the IF stuff?!!! I honestly heart it. I HEART it! :)