Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intermittent Fasting Daily Menu/Results/Accountability

Ok, am finishing the last leg of a 40 hour IF!!! Wooot! My first, excluding prepping with Clear Liquids for previous surgeries/procedures. :)

I went from 8:30pm Sunday night to 8:30pm last night for a 24hour and just chose to continue it through today. Think I will break my fast with lunch around 12:30 or 1pm for a 40hour fast.

I "think" I know this answer, but just want to confirm with the IF posse, there is no special need to do a "refeed" or careful meal when I break a fast of this short of a duration, right? I just have a normal size meal? Planning on having a super greens salad with white Beans, sardines or tuna, kalamata olives, pumpkin seeds, cucs, rbp, onion, spin, and red fat feta for lunch. But do I really need to just have some Bone Broth with a few greens and maybe some mushrooms in it?

Then planning tonight to just be a regular low carb dinner with 3oz of Protein. I may have a snack of almonds and apple in between there.

Edited by FluffyChix

44 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Ok, am finishing the last leg of a 40 hour IF!!! Wooot! My first, excluding prepping with Clear Liquids for previous surgeries/procedures. :)

I went from 8:30pm Sunday night to 8:30pm last night for a 24hour and just chose to continue it through today. Think I will break my fast with lunch around 12:30 or 1pm for a 40hour fast.

I "think" I know this answer, but just want to confirm with the IF posse, there is no special need to do a "refeed" or careful meal when I break a fast of this short of a duration, right? I just have a normal size meal? Planning on having a super greens salad with white Beans, sardines or tuna, kalamata olives, pumpkin seeds, cucs, rbp, onion, spin, and red fat feta for lunch. But do I really need to just have some Bone Broth with a few greens and maybe some mushrooms in it?

Then planning tonight to just be a regular low carb dinner with 3oz of Protein. I may have a snack of almonds and apple in between there.

Ohhhhhhhh, nice!!!! Yes you may want to slowly break the fast with easier foods first. When I stared the longer stricter protocols, breaking fast prompted bowel movements I was not ready for. I looked it up and its common enough. Congrats on Autophagy, I'm sure you're killing it!

6 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Ohhhhhhhh, nice!!!! Yes you may want to slowly break the fast with easier foods first. When I stared the longer stricter protocols, breaking fast prompted bowel movements I was not ready for. I looked it up and its common enough. Congrats on Autophagy, I'm sure you're killing it!

TY! Ok, thanks for the tip! I may defer lunch to dinner. And for lunch I'll get some Bone Broth out and have it with a few super greens and mushrooms in it first.

You know it's really strange, I expected it to be so much harder. And that I would be starving this morning (especially after the food fest this weekend), but I'm curiously not. I feel like I could go another day or more. But since I have a big test tomorrow, I want to eat normally tonight to make sure I don't inadvertently skew the results of the test.

Just now, FluffyChix said:

TY! Ok, thanks for the tip! I may defer lunch to dinner. And for lunch I'll get some Bone Broth out and have it with a few super greens and mushrooms in it first.

You know it's really strange, I expected it to be so much harder. And that I would be starving this morning (especially after the food fest this weekend), but I'm curiously not. I feel like I could go another day or more. But since I have a big test tomorrow, I want to eat normally tonight to make sure I don't inadvertently skew the results of the test.

IKR! apparently the longer you fast the less hungry you are...

I haven't done a long one in a while now... Maybe it's time.

Just now, Sosewsue61 said:

Egg, turkey burger, pepper cojack cheese

15415112455081703697310.jpg

Looks yummy! Is this an after photo?

I remember the first time I ate a whole turkey burger post op (nothing else of course)

I was sooo proud of my 30g of Protein entirely from food lol

Those were the days...

Yum! That burger with the egg and cheese looks phenomenal!!!! Was that Breakfast, lunch or dins?

@GreenTealael What does "those were the days" mean? Can you eat "way" more now, do you struggle with hunger? Or you don't eat turkey burgers any longer? :) Inquiring minds and all! ;)

How is y'all's IF going?

@Matt Z how are you doing? Been wondering if you're hangin in there and if you are still IFing?

So all good plans of mice and men...a funny thing happened on the way to make my first meal after the 39hr. LOL. I didn't make it to 40. Wah. Wah. Wahhhhh. Thanks for playin'! LOL.

I just became ravenous and did not want to fight it. And I gave in.

We went out of town on a family weekend to WurstFest and I brought home tons of contraband we bought to share. Only we had some leftover. Things like sliced hard salami, pimiento cheese, hummus, cheese--gobs and gobs of it, and sliced lunchmeat (turkey) out the wazoo--to kingdom come. And I caved. I am a master rationalizer. I rationalized that we need to start eating this crap to get it out of here before we lose money on it. (We can't really afford to waste money on groceries that we don't eat--which is partly why we brought the crap back INTO the house, once we'd originally moved it OUT of the house.) LOL.

So it was a reasonable-ish lunch. Still way bigger and way more than I'd planned for my first meal. And I could predict how it would hit me...pain at my hiatal area and a little bit up from there...feeling like food is stuck in my esophagus, feeling nauseated. Good times! LOL.

And I was still gonna have a very low cal day (around 550 cals for a good day of food), but it's now inflated by about 300 more cals to about 800.

This is how quickly "crap" - highly nutrient dense food adds up. And how you can find yourself eating over your threshold for losing very easily if you don't mind your p's and q's! That's partly why I weigh and/or measure everything and log like an OCD person (not that there's anything wrong with that)!

image.png.20f4fc8e7d10190c242bdb12fb82a760.png

373 calories for lunch. Folks, I RARELY have a meal that has over 300 cals in it.

You're welcome.

So.... that dream goal isn't going to happen by the time I wanted it to. I'm ok with it I guess. I mean, I'm SUPER bummed.... but, I'm doing good overall. Still IF'ng. Still trying to get to 200.

Getting some flak in the "Anyone regretting this? " post... because I told the OP that if they don't consume Water they would get dehydrated and could die... because, well, if you don't drink water, you can die... but damn am I getting slapped around for it....

@FluffyChix I actually replied before I saw your post. editing to tag you.

Edited by Matt Z

2 minutes ago, Matt Z said:

So.... that dream goal isn't going to happen by the time I wanted it to. I'm ok with it I guess. I mean, I'm SUPER bummed.... but, I'm doing good overall. Still IF'ng. Still trying to get to 200.

Getting some flak in the "Anyone regretting this? " post... because I told the OP that if they don't consume Water they would get dehydrated and could die... because, well, if you don't drink Water, you can die... but damn am I getting slapped around for it....

Dayum, I want to give multi-emojis for this! ((hugs)) Ok flying to see the flack. I SWEAR I almost posted to the SMH thread this morning! Maybe on the same post! LOL. BBIAF to finish posting here! You are a rockstar Matt. I honestly hope you know that! I (and everyone else here) hold you in VERY high regard hon!

Just now, FluffyChix said:

Dayum, I want to give multi-emojis for this! ((hugs)) Ok flying to see the flack. I SWEAR I almost posted to the SMH thread this morning! Maybe on the same post! LOL. BBIAF to finish posting here! You are a rockstar Matt. I honestly hope you know that! I (and everyone else here) hold you in VERY high regard hon!

Thanks. Dealing with a lot personally too. If anyone of you want to see what a post looks like when I'm pissed... go read that last one I posted to that thread, that was me like shaking mad. In this day and age, to tell someone they don't understand something because they are one gender or another (or one sex or another, your pick) just really set me off. I'm never anything but honest and factual. I go out of my way to be helpful and understanding. That post... concerns me more than anything because this woman is using her 4 kids as the reason she won't go to the ER because she's unable to consume water... yet, me alerting her to the fact that, she could die if she doesn't... is me being harsh. I can't wait to see someone twist my last post into some "mansplaining" bs.

I'm dealing with a bout of shingles w/o a rash. So I've got no treatment options other than dealing with the pain, can't take any NSAIDs or pain meds that actually work thanks to the bypass... I still am greatful for the bypass, but this kinda sucks. I'm not going to make 200 before my 20th anniversary or birthday, and that is depressing, even if I fully understand that it's just some arbitrary goal that does nothing to negate my progress, it still sucks. Haven't been sleeping well because of the pain... BUT I am back to the gym most days now... working towards being able to climb a mountain. Need to be able to climb 500 flights of stairs carrying about 30 lbs of gear. The actual climb is going to be about 5000 feet in 5 miles. 10 miles round trip, 5000 feet up, 5000 feet back down.

Random question to you all first, I may post this in an open thread, but wanted your thoughts and opinions first....

Has anyone noticed a change in weight loss based on total sleep hours?

Personally I’m experiencing a pattern, less than 7.5 hours of sleep, I will lose .1 - .2 pounds.... 8 hrs of sleep .5 - 1 lb weight loss

My Water consumption and food intake remain the same on both days. 800 - 900 kcal between 70 - 100 + oz water.

Thanks for your thoughts

33 minutes ago, Matt Z said:

Thanks. Dealing with a lot personally too. If anyone of you want to see what a post looks like when I'm pissed... go read that last one I posted to that thread, that was me like shaking mad. In this day and age, to tell someone they don't understand something because they are one gender or another (or one sex or another, your pick) just really set me off. I'm never anything but honest and factual. I go out of my way to be helpful and understanding. That post... concerns me more than anything because this woman is using her 4 kids as the reason she won't go to the ER because she's unable to consume water... yet, me alerting her to the fact that, she could die if she doesn't... is me being harsh. I can't wait to see someone twist my last post into some "mansplaining" bs.

I'm dealing with a bout of shingles w/o a rash. So I've got no treatment options other than dealing with the pain, can't take any NSAIDs or pain meds that actually work thanks to the bypass... I still am greatful for the bypass, but this kinda sucks. I'm not going to make 200 before my 20th anniversary or birthday, and that is depressing, even if I fully understand that it's just some arbitrary goal that does nothing to negate my progress, it still sucks. Haven't been sleeping well because of the pain... BUT I am back to the gym most days now... working towards being able to climb a mountain. Need to be able to climb 500 flights of stairs carrying about 30 lbs of gear. The actual climb is going to be about 5000 feet in 5 miles. 10 miles round trip, 5000 feet up, 5000 feet back down.

Holy fu*k man!!!! Where to start on this???!!! My mother hubbard feathers are all fluffed out and I'm flouncing around wanting to comfort you in many areas...and yet I know, you don't want that, because you are a strong and capable person used to dealing! I'm still sorry you are going through this and wish my magic wand did something more than play bippity boppity boo.

I totally get your position on that thread. And agree. And no, I do not think things need to be sugar coated. I'm very sick of that anyway. Why does it ALL involve sugar. Right? ;) She's in a world of hurt right now. And her dehydration is making her irrational and also further complicating the metallic taste from ketosis and maybe from anesthesia hangover and from dehydration.

And the poster that said you couldn't understand cuz you're not a mom, made me see red! Holy moly! What a tool/douc*e!

Now about the shingles. DAYUM!!!!! You never said a word hon! So very sorry you are going through this!!! There is no anti-viral that will help at all? And neurontin doesn't work for the burning fire? (no idea) Can you see if they will allow you to get some lidocaine cream for the pain? There is one that is a special order that does have some NSAID but my surgeon allowed it in limited use on the skin. Also Emla cream is pretty amazing (prescription lidocaine)--used it to numb my port for chemo.

I'm sorry you won't make goal by your time frame. It's a gut buster to have to deal with that on top of your shingles. But I think now we know why you didn't make it!!!! It's a perfect storm designed to keep the homey down. :( ((hugs))

1. Shingles

2. Lack of sleep

3. Cortisol out the wazoo cuz of all of that!

I am really proud you are at the gym despite the pain. You surely have reason not to go!!!! And the mountain climb puts fear in my heart. LOL. Holy fu*k! 5000ft/5 miles/30lbs of gear. Can you get a mule? :D (or a small mountain pony?) ;)

Edited by FluffyChix

2 hours ago, Matt Z said:

Getting some flak in the "Anyone regretting this? " post... because I told the OP that if they don't consume Water they would get dehydrated and could die... because, well, if you don't drink Water, you can die... but damn am I getting slapped around for it....

Why does no one want to drink water? I don't get it...

53 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

Why does no one want to drink Water? I don't get it...

I hate water :blush: