Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did any of you experience loss of appetite during 2 wk liquid diet pre-op?

Today it’s my 11th day on liquid diet. 3 more to go and the. Monday at 6:am its my RNY. At first I had hunger pains. About 2 days ago I was light headed and had a brief headache. Today it’s so different. No hunger pains, I feel great and focussed. Like really focussed on everything that needs to be done so I have a relaxed environment once I’m back home on recovery. I’m quite OCD about cleanliness and organization so making sure everything is on point its important to me, since I will not be able to do it myself for a while. I do have a big support system and will not be alone, but if you know anyone who’s a bit OCD you know its not done properly unless we do it ourselves and we will be annoyed until we do it how we believe its the proper way. Any way, no hunger. No hunger pains. If it were not for the alarms I have set up for my shakes, I’d miss them all together. I had to force myself to get them down. Any one felt or feel the same?

Yes I have to force myself to drink my shakes now. I think its because you get so used to the taste and sick of drinking the same thing over and over. One day I didnt drink any at all because the thought of it just turned me off entirely. I also have OCD and its to the point that I get angry as hell if im not in control of something lol! Believe me I understand. Monday is my date too, I will arrive at 5:30am 2 hours ahead of time since they require that, and my surgery is 7:30am. You excited? Im kind of nervous :)

17 hours ago, GeminiSky said:

Yes I have to force myself to drink my shakes now. I think its because you get so used to the taste and sick of drinking the same thing over and over. One day I didnt drink any at all because the thought of it just turned me off entirely. I also have OCD and its to the point that I get angry as hell if im not in control of something lol! Believe me I understand. Monday is my date too, I will arrive at 5:30am 2 hours ahead of time since they require that, and my surgery is 7:30am. You excited? Im kind of nervous :)

Yes I am! So very much excited. I get super angry too! At the most simple thing. I will be there at 5:00-5:30 am. Surgery at 6:00.

Just now, Luzbella said:

Yes I am! So very much excited. I get super angry too! At the most simple thing. I will be there at 5:00-5:30 am. Surgery at 6:00.

Holy crap your surgery is early!

I'm on Monday too! I have definitely still been hungry (or maybe even just "snacky") some days of pre-op. I'm also weaning off my ADHD meds this week which has appetite suppression as a side effect so that could be part of why I've still been feeling like eating frequently. Also summer school ended last week (I'm a teacher) and this week I've just been puttering around at home which means more time to think about/want food!

I'm nervous but also SO READY for it to just be surgery day already. I've been obsessing and worrying and planning and wondering and all that for SO LONG that I just need it to be here already - I want to start dealing with/actually doing it instead of just thinking and worrying about it all!

And I am following this thread with baited breath and a modicum of apprehension. You see I start my own prediet August 1st,and I ACTUALLY chose this length. My Bariatric program at the OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY gave me a choice of 2, 3, or 4 weeks. Why did I choose the longest?
Better Healing
Smoother Surgery
To make it less stressful on ME
Smaller Liver Size
You see, although I have lost close to 40 pounds I am climbing on that surgery cart with a weight still over 300 pounds. On a 5ft8in 72 year old body that IS NOT a cool state of affairs. I undoubtedly have NASH, are you ready for his full name and easy description? Okay Here it goes
Non Alcoholic Steato -Hepatitis. all it mean is "like my body, my liver is FAT"
NOW my surgeon Dr Bradley J Needleman MD, uber-smart man,super skillful surgeon, and the chief of Bariatric Surgery/Metabolic Weight Loss at my hospital has a choice of a big fat blubbery liver or a nice sleek smooth happy slender liver to lift out of the way to get to my stomach, which would he and I prefer? I believe choice #2!
Now the dietary plan, compared with many I have heard on here, is not SO BAD. Weird how every surgeon, be it a he or she surgeon, has their own take on things and their own path to get there. One lady I remember was on skim cow's milk and a gangoozel (one of my favorite words for a lot) of Vitamins and minerals, there are some who don't even believe in a prediet and a bunch in between. Now mine, although it isn't as much fun as eating Willy-nilly is pretty Okay. So Frustr8 is signing on for a month of Dietary Purgatory, just like the Real Purgatory it takes a lot of prayer to get out of there!
So while all you others are celebrating yours being over and surgery right around the corner, ME, the Brave Little Engine Who Could, will be chugging along in Central Ohio making her way towards a September 5th surgery, hopefully dropping pounds along the way. Vitamins, minerals, K-chlor, Lasix and Wellbutrin in my pill tote and Hope in My❤. Ah Folks, I'm going to make it, Yes I Am! Any dimishment of appetite, Glory Hallelujah! I'll Take It! ☕💊🍝🍶

I am on day 4, less hungry but I have a headache. I am also a teacher and have just been hanging out at the house. Surgery on Aug 1