Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

On 5/17/2021 at 8:37 AM, WishMeSmaller said:

I have never poached salmon in milk (immediately added to list of things to try). This salmon was poached in dry white wine and lemon juice with capers and dill. I usually bake or cedar plank my salmon to avoid the lingering fish smell, but poaching is another good option. Husband no longer lets me sear scallops in the house because of the smell. I have to use the burner on the outdoor grill.

P.S. I always have the skin removed prior to cooking to reduce the oil in the fish. Also, I hate the flavor of salmon skin.

I have always said "How can something that takes about two minutes to cook (scallops), stink up the entire house for TWO DAYS??" I'm going to the outside burner...I also airfried them in the garage! LOL (I love scallops)

7 hours ago, kellym1220 said:

I have always said "How can something that takes about two minutes to cook (scallops), stink up the entire house for TWO DAYS??" I'm going to the outside burner...I also airfried them in the garage! LOL (I love scallops)

I love scallops too but have never noticed any odour. Maybe I subconsciously block it cause I love them so much. 😆

All fish skin is awful to me. I’m always peeling it off before or after cooking.

Congrats on the success of the salmon poaching @GreenTealael.

11 hours ago, Arabesque said:

I love scallops too but have never noticed any odour. Maybe I subconsciously block it cause I love them so much. 😆

All fish skin is awful to me. I’m always peeling it off before or after cooking.

Congrats on the success of the salmon poaching @GreenTealael.

I’m glad i’m not the only one who doesn’t notice any scallop smell!! I started thinking I had a nose disability or something. Scallops smell like nothing but DELICIOUS to me.

But...i love fish skin...though only when its crispy/charred. I may be a real minority on this one. When I was still eating rice, salmon skin hand rolls was one of my faves to order at Japanese restaurants. Oh and did I mention fish skin chips? Yum. Sorry if this makes some of you gag. Lololozzzz.

I light candles when cooking fish. No odors after. I also like crispy fish skin if I scale it properly and on whole fish (head and all)

Edited by GreenTealael

lunch from today during normal people hours! 😂

Riced cauliflower, mushrooms, asparagus, garlic, spinach, and a vegan sausage patty chopped then topped with about 2Tbsp of shaved Parmesan.

Came in at about 195 calories and 20g Protein for the whole thing so I’m guesstimating I ate about 95ish calories.

73EC468D-C802-4070-B017-64E8F11F409F.jpeg

2C8FC38D-F3F3-4AF4-9773-12D16E19243A.jpeg

On 5/19/2021 at 10:52 AM, GreenTealael said:

I light candles when cooking fish. No odors after. I also like crispy fish skin if I scale it properly and on whole fish (head and all)

Speaking of fish skin...picked this up at costco this morning. I haven't had this particular brand before, but i've had the flavour...YUM. It's crazy high in calories, so probably not for those in weight loss phase:

IMG_2325.thumb.jpg.997ed88ed399a0377a8143b67fed30b8.jpg

Today's salad lunch (though there are barely any actual greens in this thing, lol)

Romaine, carrots, cucumbers, figs, apples, feta, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, ginger-green onion mix, pan-fried chicken and grilled salmon

417 calories for the whole thing. Ate about 1/3 of it, will definitely be eating the rest later.

IMG_2321.thumb.jpg.02c25aabf64cf51ae39c15dea0727ca3.jpg

I can't be the only one here who has fallen completely in love with chia seed pudding! I've seen a lot about how healthy chia seeds are, but to be honest, I thought they looked kind of gross. I finally decided to give chia seed pudding a try, and it's delicious! The basic recipe is 1 tbsp chia seeds + 2 ounces liquid (I usually use a combination of almond milk and sugar-free flavored syrup) + sweetener. There are so many options for flavors, and here are some I've tried (I'm partial to the chocolate ones because a tablespoon of dark cocoa powder makes it taste like BROWNIE BATTER!).

2060134180_ChiaPuddings.thumb.png.72b92d8c7572b87bba149d3394be7207.png

On 05/20/2021 at 15:59, GreenTealael said:

Naked chicken tenders meal prep (Airfryer)

8257D7F2-3DE2-4B47-962E-5397F5EF0127.jpeg

Yum! Looks good! I don’t have an air fryer but I hear they are pretty cool. Are they similar to a toaster oven?

Nothing exciting. Same ole same ole salad. Added spinach which is at the bottom. It’s the same ole but it’s my absolute fav! Lounging in my recliner w this (blanket the bowl is laying on)
I have a cold 🤧 so I’m kinda nibbling at it.

image-0.0040531158447265625.jpg

On 05/20/2021 at 11:35, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

lunch from today during normal people hours! 😂

Riced cauliflower, mushrooms, asparagus, garlic, spinach, and a vegan sausage patty chopped then topped with about 2Tbsp of shaved Parmesan.

Came in at about 195 calories and 20g Protein for the whole thing so I’m guesstimating I ate about 95ish calories.

73EC468D-C802-4070-B017-64E8F11F409F.jpeg

2C8FC38D-F3F3-4AF4-9773-12D16E19243A.jpeg

Yum! I would so eat that!!

On 05/16/2021 at 23:11, Arabesque said:

I used to use wine & stock but then I discovered milk. Just pop the salmon in a baking dish, barely cover the fish with milk, a good pinch of salt per fillet, whatever herbs you like & bake covered in moderate oven about 10+/- mins. The milk helps absorb some of the oil too which I struggle with especially now.

Wow I’ve never poached salmon either. I hate the skin or any fishy taste. Salmon is my fav fish too. I usually bake it or grill it on a cedar plank. I may try poaching in milk or wine as @greentealael said!

5 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Naked chicken tenders meal prep (Airfryer)

8257D7F2-3DE2-4B47-962E-5397F5EF0127.jpeg

Humph. I like my tenders fully clothed lololzzz.

How did they turn out??

The amount I can eat (four years out) varies hugely. I fast 22/24 three days a week and 16/8 or 18/6 the other four days and I’m v low carb/Keto and absolutely no damn sugar at all! Sugar been gone about six weeks this time. Lowest weight 8 stone 2, highest 10 stone 10 about 6 weeks ago! Dropped 12lbs so now 9 stone 12 (137llbs)

feel so good! Sugar is the devil for me!

food pics are air fried thighs and aubergine/courgette mix and a chaffles (pancake made from egg and cheese) with fried pek (Keto friendly chopped pork) and mushroom and a slice of emmenthal.

I have a ninja foodi 9 in one - pressure, air, steam, bake, sauté, grill etc! And I use it most days. In love with ma foodi!

F09BB582-B962-421E-AB7A-36521CD7ADE5.jpeg

7D4698A3-0A85-4780-89FD-0C38F88AF5B9.jpeg

0D0AD8CA-8325-4E13-8836-61A83F476A37.jpeg

6C52FC3D-43AB-4864-8D86-4F7B05793B14.jpeg

Edited by myfanwymoi