Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

I am a Salt-aholic.

1 cup Extra-Spicy Clamato juice w/ a heavily celery-salted rim (+1/2 cup Water to make it last longer!). Skipped the vodka this time, 😂

60 calories.

Plan on drinking it all as I chill on the couch and watch Four Weddings:

IMG_0762.thumb.JPG.c7a4e80a5efe04850da6e5c3b481fe90.JPG

Edited by ms.sss

I removed half of the herbed butter from my plate after the first photo. Too much! But it looked pretty. 🤣

PXL_20210214_231404242.jpg

PXL_20210214_232517268.jpg

16 minutes ago, CapK said:

I removed half of the herbed butter from my plate after the first photo. Too much! But it looked pretty. 🤣

PXL_20210214_231404242.jpg

That steak looks yummer.

As for the discarded butter, pass that along my way! I hope someone else got to enjoy it!!!!!

@ms.sss so I bought this to try. Taste wasn’t bad. It’s the texture. The texture really bothered me. But I’m surprised the taste wasn’t bad like I thought it was going to be.

image-0.0050067901611328125.jpg

2 hours ago, ms.sss said:

That steak looks yummer.

As for the discarded butter, pass that along my way! I hope someone else got to enjoy it!!!!!

Oh, we don't waste butter, it got mixed into the leftover potatoes for the next day! My husband happily finished anything I didn't eat as well. 🤣

@MarvelGirl25!! @MarvelGirl25!! @MarvelGirl25!!

Look what I made!

Ever since I saw you post that luscious Pernil Roast last year, it has been on my recipe-to-do-list. Finally did the deed today (well, I started 3 days ago, technically), and it turned out pretty darn good.

I had cooking-method schizophrenia and kept switching how I was cooking it over a span of 19 hours cuz i just wasn't convinced I was doing it right. Started off in the slow cooker, then I moved it covered to a roasting pan in the oven, then i lifted up out of the liquid on a rack, then I removed the cover, and finally broiled it.

The result was melt-in your mouth meat with a crispy crunch skin. I left the citrus juices to the side for self-serve cuz I wasn't sure if the fam would approve and couldn't make myself commit to pouring it over ALL the meat.

In any case, I'm not sure I would do this again anytime soon unless I am cooking for a tonne of people...so much effort!!!! We have a good amount of leftovers (but the skin is all gone) so will likely transform it into pulled pork sliders tomorrow.

Next up: I'm gonna try my hand at your Estofado de Res!

I had 55g of it plus some pineapple salsa (we didn't have any peas nor plantains, so just worked with what I had in the pantry...fam had it with rice): 199 calories.

Ate all the pineapple, and about 2/3 of the portioned pork (pork is really filling for me).

IMG_0776.thumb.JPG.3a5e1ff5ae4be753880b9fde618ac1f8.JPG

We are at freezing here in Texas so I made chicken Tortilla Soup! Warmed the soul!!
Added a small dollop of sour cream, three small slices of avocado, sprinkled a little Monterey Jack cheese. Delish!!
No afters....💛

1 hour ago, Kris77 said:

@ms.sss so I bought this to try. Taste wasn’t bad. It’s the texture. The texture really bothered me. But I’m surprised the taste wasn’t bad like I thought it was going to be.

I tried these recently and actually liked them. I like the blueberry the best.

27 minutes ago, Kris77 said:

We are at freezing here in Texas so I made chicken Tortilla Soup! Warmed the soul!!
Added a small dollop of sour cream, three small slices of avocado, sprinkled a little Monterey Jack cheese. Delish!!
No afters....💛

OMG, do you guys have room for one more at the table? I'm used to snow and I can drive in it for ya? (I saw your roads were pretty bad today :) ).

On 02/15/2021 at 18:14, OAGBPal said:

OMG, do you guys have room for one more at the table? I'm used to snow and I can drive in it for ya? (I saw your roads were pretty bad today :) ).

Absolutely! Come on down!!😊

3 hours ago, Kris77 said:

Depending on the brand the texture is weird for me too. I like to blend mine into whipped cottage cheese and then stir in the fruit. The texture is much smoother that way.

For lunch I made Protein Peanut Butter muddy buddies (peanut butter melted tossed with corn Chex then coated in PB2 powder mixed with vanilla protein powder) Ate about a 1/2 cup serving. Saving the rest for work lunches.

dinner was Inspired by Korean army base stew. Mine just had zucchini, onions, spam, shrimp, seaweed, American cheese, soft poached eggs, garlic, gochujang, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and boxed chicken broth instead of the anchovy based broth and served on top of 1/4 cup jasmine rice.

I ate but the eggs didn’t sit well so up it came. 😞 I miss eating eggs and chicken.

Recipe for a more authentic army base stew- https://www.maangchi.com/recipe/budae-jjigae

94ABDABB-ACCE-4172-B1C4-65E403F670EA.jpeg

3616C8AC-B594-4F91-866F-F1B39B095D57.jpeg

@Starwarsandcupcakes, that stew sounds yum..ingredients .very similar to Soups we have regularly here at Casa SSS....except for the American cheese...i guess thats the Army Base portion of it?

As for the cottage cheese, Im the opposite of you and @Kris77...i like my cottage cheese très lumpy, lol. I’ll strain out the liquid sometimes so its like super soft cheese curds!

1 hour ago, ms.sss said:

@Starwarsandcupcakes, that stew sounds yum..ingredients .very similar to Soups we have regularly here at Casa SSS....except for the American cheese...i guess thats the Army Base portion of it?

Part of it. After the Korean War food was scarce so they made do with what rations were given by the Americans which included American cheese and Spam. Spam and American cheese are ingredients in loads of Korean foods especially street foods like Breakfast sandwiches and stir fry dishes.