Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

dinner last night was swordfish with a roasted Tomato and basil sauce and salad

AAB4D341-F09E-4499-9310-ACB0B223AEAE.jpeg

Someone sent me a DM asking why I called 240 calories of wings a splurge. This is a fair question so I thought I’d clear it up.

I maintain my weight on around 1300 calories a day so I tend to be creative and picky about what I choose to eat. 240 calories is not a lot, but it is a lot for 22 grams Protein along with16 grams of fat. That is a splurge for me.

I hope that helps clarify why I used that term.

btw, they were so good I ended up having 5 lol

Edited by Cheeseburgh

Anyone tried cooking strawberries in the oven for three hours on 210. I saw it on Pinterest. Guess cooking them brings out the natural sugars and they can taste like candy. I’ve got a sweet tooth so this will be better for me than the alternative! Just put them in. We shall see!! I love Pinterest!!❤️🍓❤️🍓

1 hour ago, Kris77 said:

Anyone tried cooking strawberries in the oven for three hours on 210. I saw it on Pinterest. Guess cooking them brings out the natural sugars and they can taste like candy. I’ve got a sweet tooth so this will be better for me than the alternative! Just put them in. We shall see!! I love Pinterest!!❤️🍓❤️🍓

Never tried it but I’d love to know how it comes out!

On 03/29/2020 at 14:06, MarvelGirl25 said:

Never tried it but I’d love to know how it comes out!

Well they didn’t come out right. Not sure what I did wrong.

Swordfish again but this time I made it with a white wine and caper sauce. I remembered the after pic :)

BA6CF120-9A9E-45BF-A0A6-913FFEFD7212.jpeg

F9337407-2293-4824-83BE-250790109DD1.jpeg

Edited by MarvelGirl25

Someone earlier talked about baking strawberries at 125 Degrees for an extended amount of time. I didn't catch for how long? Does anyone here know?

On 03/29/2020 at 22:53, IAmGrace said:

Someone earlier talked about baking strawberries at 125 Degrees for an extended amount of time. I didn't catch for how long? Does anyone here know?

It was me🙋🏻‍♀️
It was cool on 210 for 3 hours. Mine didn’t come out very well. I think it was bc my strawberry pieces were are diff sizes. Think when you cut them up try and cut up to match sizes. Let me know how yours turn out!! I got it off of Pinterest.

On 3/26/2020 at 6:43 PM, Cheeseburgh said:

B1 & B2 Today already. LOL.

B1 (5:30-9am) = 4 (count 'em FOUR!) orange mocha procaccinnos (yes, I said 4!)
orange-mocha-procaccinno-web.thumb.jpg.2b154c6607e93a6bf862b5e480f967ee.jpg

orange-mocha-procaccinno-cinnamon.JPG.00b9fedb02317beb7cb993157a33ac67.JPG

B2 (9am) = egg white + canadian bacon + lacey swiss rollup with power greens and kim chi salsa and grape tomatoes.
eggwhite-canadian-bacon-kim-chi-rollup-open.thumb.jpg.5e2f7ba78d6aff4b1da8516a7a428a6f.jpg eggwhite-canadian-bacon-kim-chi-rollup.thumb.jpg.a7612df6af5ad535c371afceb9d0b4e4.jpg

egg-white-wrap-canadian-bacon-kim-chi-salsa.JPG.b6e902bf4b50398d647e4b1ec7f108f8.JPG

They are ALL in mah belleh!!!

On 3/26/2020 at 5:45 PM, GreenTealael said:

Making sorrel (traditional Jamaican style hibiscus tea) with ginger

IMG_20200326_113959_932.jpg

Can you send me the recipe????? I love Sorrel

1 hour ago, LisaDee1 said:

Can you send me the recipe????? I love Sorrel

Oh man its so simple (don't tell anyone 😂):

Just boil the dried hibiscus flowers with (or without) a small piece of the peeled & cut ginger until its a very very deep crimson color (30mins -rapid boil for 10 / simmer for 20)

Let it cool, strain it, sweeten it (I used stevia or splenda) and chill.

Done and done.

Enjoy ❤

Edited by GreenTealael

1 hour ago, summerset said:

Lunchbox for tomorrow. Dried coconut strips, kaki and sour cherries, cashew nuts. Leftover herb dip hidden under rucola cress (protection for transport), roasted mixed vegetables with tofu "feta".

IMG_1722.jpg

I like the lunchbox (and food 😍) what brand is it?