Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

Does anyone else crave comfort food when stressed? I do and I’m finding ways to tweak things, so far it’s working. My weight is still very stable after 2 weeks of sheltering in place.

This is a hideous picture of food but it was very good, in a crummy prepackaged way! It’s 3 oz of butterball turkey breast, their gravy packet and a 1/3 cup of stovetop stuffing. Second time in my life having this stuffing, it’s not bad!
Total of 252 calories . It’s more carby than my usual choices which is probably why I’m enjoying it so much. I’m freezing the leftover stuffing since I’m the only one that eats it!

3874B55B-0CF9-4C08-A400-B3E6BAE38584.jpeg

I’m not really stress eating although I’d like to! I’m just substituting and messing around with comfort foods/meals that I can fit into my plan. I’m a year and a half plus post op, at my goal weight and I eat an average of 1300 calories a day. I have been eating grapes a lot though.

I haven’t dared venture into Cookies, chips, popcorn or fries, and I have no plans to start! I have very little of those around the house, I only buy a few types of junk food (Pop tarts & Doritos) for my son in college.

Being able to incorporate familiar foods within my calorie range helps me a lot mentally and physically.

10 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

Does anyone else crave comfort food when stressed? I do and I’m finding ways to tweak things, so far it’s working. My weight is still very stable after 2 weeks of sheltering in place.

This is a hideous picture of food but it was very good, in a crummy prepackaged way! It’s 3 oz of butterball turkey breast, their gravy packet and a 1/3 cup of stovetop stuffing. Second time in my life having this stuffing, it’s not bad!
Total of 252 calories . It’s more carby than my usual choices which is probably why I’m enjoying it so much. I’m freezing the leftover stuffing since I’m the only one that eats it!

I can very much relate to this. I usually crave dishes i grew up with, or chicken wings lol Idk why but chicken wings are comfort food for me.

Im not a fan of stuffing but I would gobble up that turkey easy! Looks delicious!

I definitely fall back on traditional comfort food during crisis-y times. I’m stocked up on regular rice vs cauliflower rice for example. I’ve also made a meal idea list that relies more on pantry & freezer staples than anything perishable. On my list are things like meatloaf, chili, chicken and dumplings etc.. When times are uncertain, I find home-y dishes comforting.

Anyone else cooking for loved ones who may have lost income, or lack cooking skills, or just because?

Dropped this meal off this evening

Seared sesame crusted yellow tail loin, soba noodle salad & garlic broccoli

Ignore the odd plating, I have a storage container shortage! (And ignore the dirty counter 😳)

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

Nah, seems like all of our friends and relatives are either working in jobs "relevant to the system" or working from home office or are in retirement anyway.

Plus I'm not big on meal preparing anyway. The thought of the salad bar at the cafeteria at work being closed makes me want to throw a tantrum. The salad bar was always a big time saver.

We're very blessed to live in a big community with great stores. We were wiped out, but now it's mostly restocked and there was always fresh veg and produce without price raises. So very blessed.

So honestly, we're just focusing on the foods that boost our immune system and support it. And are eating mostly the same. Breakfast and or Brunch is always some kind of egg and veg, or smoothie/proffee. lunch is almost always a BAS (Big Ass Salad), or wrap, or roll, or quick green Soup, or cottage cheese/yogurt conglomerate.

I did restock for another 3 weeks, yesterday and got stuff to make:

chicken Crust pizza with Pepperoni and Veg

Beef Fajitas with Lo Lo Wraps

Chicken Soup for the Soul (+ Chicken Salad)

Salmon with somethin

Grilled Pork Steak with somethin

And then we'll have about 2 weeks of leftovers from those. #snort

Holden steady at 130.6lbs this morning so doing pretty good on routine and stress eating.

3 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

I did restock for another 3 weeks, yesterday and got stuff to make:

I'm going to time my shopping with the late shifts I usually work either Monday or Thursday because the stores are quite empty in the morning.

So I plan on stocking up for a few days, eating the more perishable vegetables and fruits first and the less perishable like peppers, carrots, apples etc. later. My fridge and freezer are full right now.

47 minutes ago, summerset said:

I'm going to time my shopping with the late shifts I usually work either Monday or Thursday because the stores are quite empty in the morning.

So I plan on stocking up for a few days, eating the more perishable vegetables and fruits first and the less perishable like peppers, carrots, apples etc. later. My fridge and freezer are full right now.

Yeah, so it's very weird. We're in a city/county/state wide shelter in place and the stores are only open shortened hours. Like 9-6, etc. But we were there at 9am and it was pretty empty. We had no issue staying 6 ft perimeter. I was very relieved. Cuz there are a quite a few cases all around our neighborhood. :(

Def. eating the fresh veg/fruits that expire first and have freezer stuff for the long haul when/if it turns out to be like NYC and NOLA. :(

Stay safe! How is it going back to work and being on the front line during a pandemic? :( TY for your service!

Weird thing is, atm this feels like "hoarding" even though that's how I always do my shopping. I shop for groceries with longer shelf lives and things like kitchen towels etc. every two or three weeks, fruits and veg get delivered weekly but I sometimes don't order enough and have to buy some more. The only fresh food during the week I buy is usually bread.

And lets face it: one doesn't want to go out unless necessary or when being sure the places are not crowded.

1 minute ago, summerset said:

Weird thing is, atm this feels like "hoarding" even though that's how I always do my shopping. I shop for groceries with longer shelf lives and things like kitchen towels etc. every two or three weeks,

Exactly! Us too. :( Yesterday one of our young friends was there checking out ahead of us. And I felt very "judged" cuz our cart was full (not stuffed or not multiples), Just our normal stuff. Even our veg lasts mostly 2 weeks cuz I leave the stuff with longer shelf life for the 2nd to 3rd week...and we have a full freezer cuz I end up still making more than either of us eat...so it goes in the freezer. #thestruggletocookfor1.5isreal...

Glad you have times where things are not crazy so you can shop!

4 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Yeah, so it's very weird. We're in a city/county/state wide shelter in place and the stores are only open shortened hours. Like 9-6, etc. But we were there at 9am and it was pretty empty.

That's interesting. We're on curfew as well. Here shops are allowed to extend their opening hours, including Sundays. (Stores are usually not open on Sundays in Germany, except for grocery stores in heavily frequented tourist regions during main season.)

However, the stores I usually go to have opening hours as usual which mean anything from 8-20 or 6-midnight.

Stay safe! How is it going back to work and being on the front line during a pandemic? :( TY for your service!

People feel... kind of weird and tensed at my workplace. It's like waiting for the big fall out while everything is still quiet. I talked to a few colleagues while I was a patient myself for two days and on Saturday to the ones on duty when I was in briefly to let the surgeon take a look at my wound. I will be back to work on Monday.

We're all kind of tensed. Face masks are already scarce and limited to one per shift and I heard a few nurses on the ward I was patient on talk about that someone stole disinfectant during night hours. One bottle got stolen from a dispenser. Other bottles were still in the dispensers but there was way less Fluid in there than it should be. How low can people sink?

29 minutes ago, MsMocie said:

Tomorrow I am going shopping, and as I have "eaten out of the freezer" so I don't have any prepped and packed meals no more, I am going to have to make some food so I have something to casually take out and eat.

So I am highjacking this tread, if anyone wants to help me come up with some meals I can keep or freeze to restock my go-to meals.

I use 96% fat free ground beef with taco seasoning , it goes a long way. salad with salsa dressing, or tacos, hard shell corn or soft corn tortillas are low in calories. My husband LOVES a Mexican crema from costco. It only has 40 calories for 2 tablespoons. I hate creamy things because I’m odd. I’ll take a picture if anyone needs to know what I’m talking about.

We also make pork loin and chicken a lot, super easy and lean. Leftovers are perfect for stir fry. We are having leftover pork loin tonight with Carnita marinade.

Chicken Italian sausage is great to have on hand too! You can make an Italian style stir fry with peppers, onions & Tomato sauce.

i eat a lot of Mexican, Thai and Chinese .

@sillykitty Now I REALLY want chicken and dumplings! I love old people food lol