Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hope my nutritionist doesn’t hate me

I finally have my appointment with the nutritionist in a week and a half (haven’t had one since May). I’ve been losing weight like she wants but I’ve been s*#t about logging in my food. I’m kind of tempted to just take a couple hours and make stuff up so she doesn’t get angry at me or push my date further. Anyone else bad at logging food? Does this mess things up?

Yes. Not with the loggin, but with missing a month of visits. It's 3-6 months of CONSECUTIVE visits for most insurance companies--no gaps between months (I think?)...but you need to go and make sure!

Cool. My RD never beat me up about anything and was always positive. Log your last 3 days into MFP, print them out and bring them. It will take maybe 5-30 minutes. Then she can get an idea of what you've been eating.

You haven't logged but that doesn't mean you shouldn't start. Don't make stuff up. Instead, be honest. Show that you're losing weight & ask for strategies to help you start logging. Good luck!

I agree, you really need to get into the habit of logging. That way you'll know if you're hitting your Protein goals, where you are with calories, etc.

Are you using an app on your phone? Logging is effing annoying, but no other way around it to keep track of Protein goals, etc? Do you check your bank accounts? - same concept!!!

Use Baritastic, ot LoseIt, or myfitnesspal or a small notebook - it doesn't matter which one, it's just a habit like brushing your teeth. Or take pictures of your small plate of food - easy peasy lemon squeeze-y.

Did they state you have to record? My mandatory 6 month dietary work up, I wasn't required to do so. If they never said "track everything" then it's on them. If they did, and you didn't... you might have a little finger wagging coming your way... but if you are losing weight, then you clearly were doing what you needed to do. If you were gaining and not recording, I'd expect them to potentially delay the surgery.

I was required to meet with a nutritionist, but they never required any kind of food log.

On 7/13/2018 at 5:38 AM, Greyfaery said:

I finally have my appointment with the nutritionist in a week and a half (haven’t had one since May). I’ve been losing weight like she wants but I’ve been s*#t about logging in my food. I’m kind of tempted to just take a couple hours and make stuff up so she doesn’t get angry at me or push my date further. Anyone else bad at logging food? Does this mess things up?

Why on earth would you be afraid of your nutritionist? Who cares what he/she thinks. Go about your business and tell them what they want to hear.

So I’m terrible about logging food just plum awful. During my 4 months I didn’t log a single bite and honestly I should have because I maybe could have prevented the 5 lbs I gained mind you I was still approved and I have a surgery date but I was not the best rule follower now that it’s here I’m on it like I seriously need to go rescue my binder from the car but other than that I’ve been sticking to the plan and I’m already down 1 pound

Why on earth would you be afraid of your nutritionist? Who cares what he/she thinks. Go about your business and tell them what they want to hear.
When you do this they can't help identifying down the road how to adjust your diet for loss, maintenance etc, because you've been "perfect" all along...

VSG2017 HW 249 SW 238 CW 167

Don't make things up, be honest especially with yourself

VSG2017 HW 249 SW 238 CW 167

I’m required to log everything (good or bad) I’m going on month #6 with these logs; recording my Breakfast, lunch and dinners along with what time I’m having Snacks when I’m taking my Vitamins and when I’m working out along with Water intake.. and I have to say for the most part I’m keeping up but it’s becoming the norm for me at this point.. I hate writing the bad stuff I’ve eaten or when I’m not working out but I have to be honest with myself on this journey.. it only leaves room for improvement :)