Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 4.5 years out of sleeve. I lost 90# and regained 45# in the past year or so. I am hungry an hour after I eat no matter what. I can't seem to get on track and my surgeon told me that the sleeve did what it was supposed to do and I will probably not be able to lose weight again. Yes, he said that. I can't imagine trying to go on 800 cal a day this far out. HELP!!!!!

What are you currently eating? As we lose weight our calorie and macro needs change. A 300 lb. body needs way more fuel to maintain and function than a 150 lb body needs

I am eating too much, but I'm always hungry and have gotten lazy and back into bad habits. I weigh 202 right now and would like to get down to 175. My sleeve has stretched.

Check your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) here https://www.active.com/fitness/calculators/bmr
BMR drops as we get older, and as we lose weight. I need 750ish less calories now than I did at my max weight.

Track your calorie intake and burn

As long as you are burning more than you are consuming, you'll lose weight.

Hit the gym, larger muscle requires more calories than smaller muscles.

You don't have to limit yourself to 800 calories. You just need to make sure you are balancing everything out so that you burn more than you eat.

Do a reset and start over!

It's not easy, but it only takes a little bit of work at this point.

Good Luck!

You got this!

Your sleeve hasn’t likely stretched... it relaxes over the first year as it heals and the swelling goes down.

But “slider” foods like simple carbs (crackers, chips) and liquids and such.... those won’t trigger the restriction. Do you feel no restriction when consuming dense Proteins like lean meats? Give it a try and see.

1 hour ago, emk101009 said:

I am 4.5 years out of sleeve. I lost 90# and regained 45# in the past year or so. I am hungry an hour after I eat no matter what. I can't seem to get on track and my surgeon told me that the sleeve did what it was supposed to do and I will probably not be able to lose weight again. Yes, he said that. I can't imagine trying to go on 800 cal a day this far out. HELP!!!!!

I'd suggest posting a daily example of what you eat in a typical day. Also, include exercise and activity levels. We can't help by what you've given us to go by. I suggest using a food diary app, so we can see your MACROS, ect.

2 hours ago, emk101009 said:

I am hungry an hour after I eat no matter what.

Sugar and Carbs are the root cause of the hungry an hour after i ate cycle.

you have your blood sugar and of course your insulin level going up and down like a yo-yo

cut ALL the sugar

cut ALL the simple carbs

your first meal should be Protein and fat no carbs

do not touch "fat free" foods if they label it like that look at the sugar grams they replace the fat with sugar.

try to eat mostly from the 3 walls in the store 1 produce 2 meats 3 dairy

reduce and or avoid the center of the store

notice i didnt mention calories at all. if you want to try to eat 2500 calories of green leafy veggies i welcome you to it. If you remove highly refined foods from your diet the proper number of calories will take care of themselves.

nothing here is all or nothing it is a goal - start toward it and work to reach the best level you can but dont give up just cause you cant get there in a week or two.

do try to cut those sugars and shut down that yo-yo you will feel much better when you even out your blood sugar/ insulin spikes.

good luck

I'm in the same boat and so glad I found this thread! Had my surgery 12/2013 at 229 and went down to 130.

4.5 years post-op and I'd kept my weight down until last year. For some reason, last year my sugar levels got out of whack (now I know it was because of carbs!) so all the starch I was eating made me hungry every hour. Over the last year I gained back 20 lbs and I'm so discouraged.

I finally admitted defeat and visited my surgeon 2 weeks ago. He gave me the original post-op food plan and now I'm hoping to get back on track. I use the myfitnesspal app to track my foods and I'm staying away from starch big time.

I've lost 2 lbs since then but it's going so much slower than the first time around. It's so frustrating to get on the scale and not see progress!!!

I can't figure out how to eliminate sugar completely since everything I eat has some in it (yogurt, even fruit!). He told me to eat high-fiber foods but Fiber One Cereal is a starch and spinach leaves isn't helping any so now I'm totally confused.

I'll keep checking this thread because I can use the encouragement as well.

7 minutes ago, groisamomma said:

I can't figure out how to eliminate sugar completely since everything I eat has some in it (yogurt, even fruit!). He told me to eat high-fiber foods but Fiber One Cereal is a starch and spinach leaves isn't helping any so now I'm totally confused.

Sugar isn't in everything. Stear clear of dairy, fruit, processed foods, and you will eliminate 90% of the sugar in your diet. If you eat yogurt, choose Greek yogurt with less than 20 carbs per container. Fruit and other dairy products are not necessary for nutrition. Don't get me wrong, I eat those things, but I don't have problems with loosing at the moment. Simply put, eat lean meat and non starchy veggies. It sounds boring, but it works!

Meat---->Veggies---->Repeat.

As far as the Fiber goes, you can add a soluble fiber to your Water intake. You can find some that are tasteless.

Weight is such a hot topic button for all of us former fatties. I was really, really good about tracking my food, measuring my portion sizes, and weighing myself weekly for about the first four years. Then, gradually, those habits fell away and I fell back into old, bad habits--eating when I'm bored or anxious, eating slider foods, drinking fancy high-calorie coffee and juices, and not getting on the scale even though I could feel my pants getting tighter. Finally I faced the fact that I was headed back to obesity unless I took action. The last week in December I started tracking my calories and measuring my portions, and slowly but surely the weight came off. I figured I had been eating about 1800 calories and I cut back to 1200--not every day, because some days I just want that cookie, but many more days than not. I lost 8 lbs and I'm back at my loose pants weight, 137-138. It was slow and boring but worth it. I'm still tracking and weighing myself each week and intend to continue.

You can do it, emk101009--