Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gonzalez Support Thread

That's about what I paid as well, excellent service from every member of his staff from beginning to end. Their follow-up and care by everyone especially Laura, are fantastic!!!

Hello everyone!!!

It has been a while, my house got broken in to and most of my stuff stolen and of course my laptop * my logg in password was saved in my computer for a reason :drool:...to make a long story short ,I have a new computer and after many many tries I finally remembered my password...so here I am, just wanted so say hi to all of you and I will log on again tonight when I get off work.

:tongue2:

Way to go Christine!!!! I am looking forward to losing some more weight, just waiting and hoping..

Onenonly: Sorry to hear of your breakin, and all the things they took. Too bad they found your laptop, something you will really miss. It is really scary when it happens at home. Hope you are dealing with all of this OK.

CalifNurse: How's the eating going? I know I haven't been doing the best since I discovered..... cream cheese! Did you know you can eat cream cheese on anything? Yup, crackers, and veggies, and Bagels, and even plain... right off the spoon. I think it's one of those things I should be staying away from, or at least eating in moderation. An 8oz block should last longer than a day, huh?

ONENONLY: So sorry to hear your news. You must feel so violated having some unknown intruder inside your house! Other people don't always understand that it's just not "the stuff" you lose when this happens. You also lose your sense of security. I hope you have some trusted people around when you need to vent. And it's ok to scream, trust me.

CHRISTINE: You are doing so well! {{{ Go Crissy! Go Crissy! Go Crissy! }}}

SUNSHINE: Where are you hiding? I get worried when you don't post. Have you deserted us?

Take care girls and post a note when you get time. I'm working some crazy long hours but like a bad penny, I'm sure to show up sooner or later. ~LOL~

Hugs,

Judy

:thumbup: :angry: :tt1: :tt2: :wub: :eek: :eek: :tt2: :tt2: :tt2:

hello there

I´m considering to have my lapband done some time in april, do you recommend your doctor? or who can I contact or better yet do you have their website?

Thanks

Olisand33: Welcome to our thread, home of Dr Francisco Gonzalez in Tiajuana. First, you didn't say where you were from but if you live in the So California area, having Dr G so close is a real blessing since he will provide free fills for as long as you need them. I know there are those who even drive in from Arizona. Then there's our Miss SUNSHINE who loves Dr G so much she flys (on her angel wings) in from New Mexico.

If you haven't read CHRISTINE'S post on how to find a doctor, please take a few minutes and read it here: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f11/resea...tml#post600965

When you talk to people on these type of forums, it would be wise to remember you never really know who you are talking to. I say this so you won't automatically believe everything that's said. It's important to do your own research. Unfortunately, some people have their own agenda at lapbandtalk and while I believe most are honest and straightforward, there will always be some who are not. Never choose a doctor solely on someone's recommendation. You could be talking to a Patient Coordinator who's only interest is making a sale so they get their fee for recruiting patients. The doctor they promote may have a horrible track record and you could be jeopardizing your health, maybe your life. I personally contacted one of the more popular doctors in Tiajuana before Dr G. I was all ready to hand over the money until I asked about driving down to tour the facility first. Can you believe I never heard from them again? You might be surprised who the doctor was but the important thing is I was doing my research. Please follow your gut when you see those red flags go up. Don't try to justify the reason, just cross the doctor off your list and look someplace else. Every doctor has a patient coordinator and they all get a fee for recruiting patients. A good doctor doesn't need his patient coordinator playing games on these boards or lying about other doctors. A good patient coordinator is the link between you and the doctor. They are invaluable to you as a patient. They are knowledgable, appropriately sympathetic, and usually a good conversationalist. If you have questions or concerns, they are the one who contacts the doctor and gets back to you in a timely manner. They are the ones who arrange a phone call from the doctor, and follow up on you after you're home.

Yes, we all love Dr G and his staff but I think you'll find that anyone who had a successful lapband surgery will sing their doctor's praises. This procedure is so simple, and it's almost painless to most people. You can contact Laura at laura@golap-band.com for more information about Dr G. I don't want to quote an exact price in case there's been an increase but most uncomplicated surgeries are about $7500-$8000 all inclusive (except transportation cost to the border). This means you get all the doctors, surgical staff, tests, and followup (including fills) for one price.

I should tell you that if there's any serious pre-existing conditions (heart, kidney, lung), you would have the surgery in the hospital and the price would be higher. But regardless of who does the surgery, if you have a serious medical problem and ANY doctor wants to do it in a surgery center (instead of a hospital), find out how far the nearest hospital is and how you would get there if something went wrong. There is no 9-1-1 like we know in the US and ambulances get to you when they get there. That being said, most of us did fine in the surgery center and I can personally say the aftercare was wonderful. The nurses are very attentive and the rooms are more spa-like than hospital-like.

Hope this helps. The web site is Lap Band Surgery, more than 2,500 successful procedures.

Keepin touch,

Judy

NM Sunshine, how did the kidney doctor appointment go? Hope all is well with you.

The one with the Nephrologist (Dr. Gibb) didn't go so well as my creatine was higher. But, the darnest thing I received a letter from my PCP the other day that said 'congradulations, your kidneys are doing better". Then he said he'd send a letter to Dr. Gibb. Keeping my fingers crossed here...

Hello everyone!!!

It has been a while, my house got broken in to and most of my stuff stolen and of course my laptop * my logg in password was saved in my computer for a reason :blink:...to make a long story short ,I have a new computer and after many many tries I finally remembered my password...so here I am, just wanted so say hi to all of you and I will log on again tonight when I get off work.

:cursing:

A TOTAL bummer to have your computer stolen. I guess you're like me and keep putting off the backing up thing. Also I don't put my passwords on my computer in case it does get stolen.....I use bank, paypal, credit card and such on my puter.

SUNSHINE: Where are you hiding? I get worried when you don't post. Have you deserted us?

Take care girls and post a note when you get time. I'm working some crazy long hours but like a bad penny, I'm sure to show up sooner or later. ~LOL~

Hugs,

Judy

:tt2: :tt2: :tt2: :tt2: :tt2: :tt2: :tt2: :tt2: :tt2: :tt2:

Thanks for your concern. I've been doing a lot of painting lately and got neglectful.

36_33_21.gif

hello there

I´m considering to have my lapband done some time in april, do you recommend your doctor? or who can I contact or better yet do you have their website?

Thanks

I had/have a wonderful experience with the Gonzales team. They keep in touch with you after surgery.

I live in New Mexico and it is cheaper for me to get an air ticket and fly to San Diago for fills than it would be to go to a fill doc here. Plus Dr. G does the fill so easily and fast. Good Luck on your journey.

When you talk to people on these type of forums, it would be wise to remember you never really know who you are talking to. I say this so you won't automatically believe everything that's said. It's important to do your own research. Unfortunately, some people have their own agenda at lapbandtalk and while I believe most are honest and straightforward, there will always be some who are not. Never choose a doctor solely on someone's recommendation. You could be talking to a Patient Coordinator who's only interest is making a sale so they get their fee for recruiting patients. The doctor they promote may have a horrible track record and you could be jeopardizing your health, maybe your life. I personally contacted one of the more popular doctors in Tiajuana before Dr G. I was all ready to hand over the money until I asked about driving down to tour the facility first. Can you believe I never heard from them again? You might be surprised who the doctor was but the important thing is I was doing my research. Please follow your gut when you see those red flags go up. Don't try to justify the reason, just cross the doctor off your list and look someplace else. Every doctor has a patient coordinator and they all get a fee for recruiting patients. A good doctor doesn't need his patient coordinator playing games on these boards or lying about other doctors. A good patient coordinator is the link between you and the doctor. They are invaluable to you as a patient. They are knowledgable, appropriately sympathetic, and usually a good conversationalist. If you have questions or concerns, they are the one who contacts the doctor and gets back to you in a timely manner. They are the ones who arrange a phone call from the doctor, and follow up on you after you're home.

Yes, we all love Dr G and his staff but I think you'll find that anyone who had a successful lapband surgery will sing their doctor's praises. This procedure is so simple, and it's almost painless to most people. You can contact Laura at laura@golap-band.com for more information about Dr G. I don't want to quote an exact price in case there's been an increase but most uncomplicated surgeries are about $7500-$8000 all inclusive (except transportation cost to the border). This means you get all the doctors, surgical staff, tests, and followup (including fills) for one price.

I should tell you that if there's any serious pre-existing conditions (heart, kidney, lung), you would have the surgery in the hospital and the price would be higher. But regardless of who does the surgery, if you have a serious medical problem and ANY doctor wants to do it in a surgery center (instead of a hospital), find out how far the nearest hospital is and how you would get there if something went wrong. There is no 9-1-1 like we know in the US and ambulances get to you when they get there. That being said, most of us did fine in the surgery center and I can personally say the aftercare was wonderful. The nurses are very attentive and the rooms are more spa-like than hospital-like.

Hope this helps. The web site is Lap Band Surgery, more than 2,500 successful procedures.

Very true. Another sure fire sign of a coordinator is when they push one doc and one doc only.

There are many very good doctors in Mexico and when someone is pushing one and only one doc, that's a pretty good clue.

Thank you all for your support, yes It was very hard for me specially the first couple of weeks I was affraid to even look outside my windows I remember thinking what if some one is outside looking inside to see if I´m by my self, It is a scary thing, but I think I´m almost over it, I was very upset and depressed somedays I tried to comfort my self with food and I just couldn´t, It was painful, may sound bad ,but I´m thankful for that, if not may be I would weigh 31 lbs more and not 31 lbs less:thumbs_up:

Like judy ,californianurse ,sunshine( and I guess most of us here on these thread)said, you won´t regre it ,give them a call they are very caring and informative, you can talk to Dr.Valenzuela or Laura before and after the surgery and they are there for you all the time, I still keep in touch with Laura she is very supportive I don´t know how she does it but she seems to have the time to listen to me, It is very comforting when you are going through a procedure like this (Lapband)to feel they care for you, they answer all your questions clear your doubts and for me it was almost like I knew them before my surgery, they have been very supportive.

I agree with oneonly, it's frightening when you first decide to get your surgery in Mexico. I'd heard some horror stories and had never been to Mexico before. As I left the airport, Laura was waiting for me and my fear dissolved.

I don't know much of anything about any other doctors in MX besides the Gonzales team and my experience was tops. I have heard rumors about another doc who treats his patients like an assembly line.

4_1_203.gifI have an ebook reader (Amazon.coms kindle) and I see that there is a book about Mohammad Alis daughter about her adventure with losing weight using gastric banding. She began at 350 pounds. I haven't read the book, only the free sample (first chapter)..I'm wondering if anyone has read it and if it is worth buying?????????????