Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Gonzalez Support Thread

Sunshine what was your pre-op diet like with doctor Gonzalez? How have you been treated as far as fills? I am considering him for lap band and I am trying to get some feedback. I am less than an hour from his office and this has become an important part of my decision making process. Thanks.

Hi Beebic,

I hope you don't mind me answering for Sunshine. We both went to Dr Gonzalez and have actually met up there for fills. As I recall, the pre-op diet was liquids for a week or 2 before surgery, depending on BMI. One thing I also did was to start taking Gas-X 3-4 days before surgery and I can honestly say I wasn't bothered with gas.

I try to go down every 3-4 months for fills and have never had a problem. I do call for an appointment to make sure he's in the office that day. He's always taken me even on short notice.

Hope this answers your question.

Judy

Hi Beebic,

Thought I would reply as well. I was banded in April right after I returned from a cruise and I was able to have my pre-op diet waived. My bmi was 40, so I guess that was good enough. I have lost 60 lbs since my band and I'm lovin it! Dr. G was great and I had no problems with gas what-so-ever. Good luck, I know for me it was one of the best things I ever did!

Blessings,

Sally

Hi Beebic,

I hope you don't mind me answering for Sunshine. We both went to Dr Gonzalez and have actually met up there for fills. As I recall, the pre-op diet was liquids for a week or 2 before surgery, depending on BMI. One thing I also did was to start taking Gas-X 3-4 days before surgery and I can honestly say I wasn't bothered with gas.

I try to go down every 3-4 months for fills and have never had a problem. I do call for an appointment to make sure he's in the office that day. He's always taken me even on short notice.

Hope this answers your question.

Judy

Hi Beebic,

Thought I would reply as well. I was banded in April right after I returned from a cruise and I was able to have my pre-op diet waived. My bmi was 40, so I guess that was good enough. I have lost 60 lbs since my band and I'm lovin it! Dr. G was great and I had no problems with gas what-so-ever. Good luck, I know for me it was one of the best things I ever did!

Blessings,

Sally

Thanks Judy and Sally,

I really appreciate your feedback, sorry I didnt post earlier but my work has been keeping me away from the forums. I think its motivating if you can actually meet other patients from the US down there and exchange information personally Judy, something about strength in numbers I guess. I'm in a place were my mind is made up to get my surgery done soon and I think I will drive down and try to see two doctors I think are good from what Ive read and spoken wit patients like yourselves. Sally congratulations on your 60 pound loss I hope I can do the same. I'll see if I can get in to see doctor Gonzalez before New Years.

I just want to say that Dr. Gonzalez and his support staff are the best anywhere. I had my lapband surgery one year ago today, December 16, 2007, and I have lost 73 pounds. I have 9 more to go to reach my goal of 120 pounds. I was so impressed with Dr. Gonzalez's clinic and staff that my daughter just had lapband surgery by Dr. Gonzalez on December 12, 2008. Everything went great and she is now on her way to great health and a new attitude. I felt so confident with Dr. Gonzalez, his staff and his clinic that I entrusted my daughter in his hands, and my instincts were proven to be right!! Dr. Gonzalez is my hero, no one has ever done somethng that changed my life as much as loosing 73 pounds has changed my life. I am a diabetic and my blood sugar was an average of 289-390, now my blood sugar averages aroung 82-97, WOW, what a difference. His patient coordinator, Laura, is also wonderful at her job and helps make the surgery smooth and a great experience!! I RECOMMEND DR. GONZALEZ TO ANYONE CONSIDERING THIS LIFE CHANGING SURGERY!! :thumbup:

:thumbup:OMG. I WAS BANDED A WEEK A GO BY DR.G, GREAT EXPERIENCE,The surgeon and hospital that I went to have a great aftercare program, where I just fly back down there and everything is included. I think its easier to get a flight down to Tijuana and have my fill done with my original surgeon rather than paying about the same to have one done in my area. I have only had to pay around 7000 and everything else was included. I could not have been happier. Laura and Dr V. Thanks for all, im fron AZ, see you soon:thumbup:

I had surgery with Dr. Gonzalez on Friday December 12th and am amazed how professional Dr. Gonzalez and his staff were. I would recommend anyone to go to him for lab band surgery. Laura was also very nice and helped me out a lot.

marissaloree and nomorefat

Wow, great testimonials. How did you find Dr. Gonzalez, how do you feel now, where do you both live, is it close to TJ. Still haven't decided in a Doc. because I'm scared to death about not being close to a surgeon. Any surgeon. Mexico doesn't bother me, just the distance to get there if something needs attention, goes wrong, etc.

Can you guys give some info. more than he is "great". Specifics would be wonderful. Thanks!!!!!!!

I'm not afraid of TJ. My brother lives in Baja California so quite comfortable with Mexico. I'm afraid of getting home and having a problem and no one here to help me. There is no bariatric surgeons in the state where I live. Living in San Diego in a no brainer, unfortunately, I do not.

Can you give me your personal experiences instead of telling me to go to their web sight? Thanks alot!!!!!

Wow CKopasek!! 70 something pounds in one year, that is so great. I can't see myself losing 70 pounds in a year. Did the year go by fast? Or did you count pound by pound, day by day?? Did you struggle much the first weeks, months?? When was it the hardest? Was it the first 10, 20 30, pounds??

I know its a lot to ask but I feel so close to getting this done, I guess I'm just looking for encouragement. When would you say was your most trying moment? Any one of my questions you can answer would be appreciated.

Hello,

i'm fairly new to this thread and i'm getting banded by dr. G in january. They have a special for 6,500. Anyone going to dr. G in january that is traveling alone and want a companion to travel with. I'm in dallas area. Can't wait to get my band. I have heard al0t of good things about dr. G and also talked with dr.v. Looking for lap band buddy to confided in.

Peaches

Since allllll these new people have suddenly shown up out of the blue posting on a thread that hasn't been busy in months just to tell of their wonderful experiences with Dr. G perhaps you should read this thread, too:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f11/anyone-heard-dr-francisco-gonzalez-tj-38041/index25.html

First Dr. Gs office claimed his erosion stats were 4%. Then when this was brought to light suddenly people were caught with multiple IDs pushing Dr. G and dog piling anyone that didn't agree that 4% erosion stats were acceptable (global stats are 1.3%). Then the fake IDs were called out and Dr. G's office changed their stats to combine them all and hide erosion stats. Then they changed what they tell people to something to the effect of.. "of a group of 800 patients their erosion stats were 0.9%..." Well, who cares what the erosion stats of a hand picked group of 800 people are? What are the TOTAL erosion stats? Per Dr. Gs office it is 4%.